The Jean Grey School For Higher Learning ~ 2037

Started by Primarch, June 14, 2013, 01:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockSalt

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 17, 2013, 10:03:05 PM
In the movie it isn't explained.  As for the comics there are no holes in his skull as he has been shown mostly melted.  From my understanding of his character, destroying his brain in the only way to kill him.

Nope destroying the brain won't kill him. He's been nearly vaporized and come back from the few cells left :p Theoretically he can be killed by drowning and suffocation, or something that kills ALL of his cells at once (like complete and utter vaporization or something like being instantly frozen to zero)

The Golden Touch

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Primarch

Quote from: RedMoon on June 17, 2013, 09:51:39 PM
Anyway, I was considering making him a clone or child or Sinister, if that's acceptable.

With Sinister a clone might be significantly more likely. But yes villain kids are fine, just reference the how/why they've ended up in the school.

RedMoon

Quote from: Primarch on June 17, 2013, 10:13:52 PM
With Sinister a clone might be significantly more likely. But yes villain kids are fine, just reference the how/why they've ended up in the school.

I was thinking so too. I'll work on a profile, then. Thanks!

The Golden Touch

-Prods Primarch back to her character sheet-

Prince Truhan

Quote from: RockSalt on June 17, 2013, 09:58:30 PM
You're assuming the adamantium is capable of being damaged LOL

But in all seriousness, in at least one arc he has had the adamantium ripped from his bones and hasn't regrown it, so I think he is incapable of regenerating it. It's likely because it isn't a natural part of his mutation or body.

I'm with you, the bullet wouldn't have pierced his skull.

I think at some point Nitro went boom next to him and the skeleton was still intact.

He probably just heals around it since it's not part of his body.

RockSalt

Quote from: The Golden Touch on June 17, 2013, 10:12:00 PM
OP character is OP. ^^

To be fair, he's usually written with enough emotional depth that it's forgivable (or at least interesting), and protagonists have a bit more leeway with being able to beat people all the time  ::)

But not as op as Wanda's kid who can warp the very fabric of reality. So there's a sliding scale hah...

The Golden Touch

Strifesblaze7

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on June 17, 2013, 10:05:44 PM
You have to destroy his spinal column and the adamantium makes that pretty much impossible. He and sabretooth can only die that way.

This, lol
Is there a point where nobody cares

Strifesblaze7

That is pointed out when they talk about upgrading sabretooth that same way. He can't heal enough to survive the process. And The professor mentions spinal column destruction is the only way to kill them. O_O in the Origins movie near the end.

Primarch

The Golden Touch

-Sticks out her tongue and grins-

I almost had her class be hand to hand... And then thought... Yes, let's put a fireball in a sealed room with students and suck out all the air. Good... Good...

RockSalt

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on June 17, 2013, 10:36:23 PM
That is pointed out when they talk about upgrading sabretooth that same way. He can't heal enough to survive the process. And The professor mentions spinal column destruction is the only way to kill them. O_O in the Origins movie near the end.

Well, some of us were talking about comics canon rather than movie. At least in the comics it's implied at least once that drowning/suffocation/lack of food etc. can also kill wolverine, that he still needs the human basics he just can't die from trauma.

Snickerz

With a bit of work I've got my picture. :-) Then I'm ready.

RedMoon

Name: "Doctor" James Caldwell
Place of Birth: Lab in an unknown location
Family: None - Cloned from Mr Sinister's DNA
Position at School: Staff (School/Team Physician)
Appearance: James' initial appearance was similar to that of his progenitor, with pale skin and red eyes. After sufficient practice, he was able to alter this, making him a more healthy and athletic-looking person. Eye, and sometimes hair colors are prone to changes on a whim. Typically, he appears as a six foot male with broad shoulders and pronounced muscles, dark green eyes, dark brown hair, and a bit of stubble lining his jaw.

Powers: Cellular and genetic manipulation, with a variety of practical applications.

Healing - James primarily uses his powers for repairing, regenerating, and otherwise healing himself or others. This ranges from cuts and scrapes to debilitating diseases.

Harming - A distasteful ability that he rarely uses, James can use his powers to inflict all sorts of damage, from blood clots to organ failure with enough time and concentration. His 'do no harm' attitude prevents him from using this except in the most dire of circumstances.

Aging - Since he can control the rate of growth or decay of his own cellular structure, James chooses not to age past his physical prime.

Physical Alteration - By controlling his own genes, James is able to alter his physical appearance, from muscle mass to hair color. With enough time and concentration (and physical contact), he can induce these chances in others.

Weaknesses: While healing something as simple as a cut or scrape can be done in little time with little effort, removing poisons and diseases, or altering genetic code requires extended periods of physical contact with the target, as well as intense concentration. Additionally, all physical alterations and attempts at healing are very draining, leaving him requiring a great deal more food than a normal person his size might consume to recover his strength.

Also, he doesn't like computers or electronic gadgets. (He says they don't cooperate with him)

Skills:
Medicine - While circumstances prevented him from getting a real medical degree, he has intensely studied chemistry, anatomy, genetics and medicine to further his healing abilities.
Hand-to-Hand Combat - Another distasteful byproduct of an unpleasant upbringing, James has learned to throw (and take) a punch, and has studied several martial arts at an intermediate level.
Piloting - A good driver, and fairly passable pilot of aircraft.

Backstory:  James was created by one of the great (if not necessarily good) Mutant minds of the age. Cloned from the DNA of Sinister, he was supposed to have been the "Ultimate Mutant", as many of his other brothers and sisters were supposed to be. Like them, James was imperfect, failing to take on many of the abilities that were supposed to have been encoded in to his DNA. He did, however, share some of the powers of his progenitor. Because of this, Sinister kept him around for a short while to see how far he could grow, if he could be a worth successor. It didn't take long, however, to prove that James would never have the power his progenitor wished him to have, so he was disposed of, tossed out with the trash. Fortunately, his abilities had already begun to work on a passive level, and he survived the lethal injection, fleeing from the laboratory.

He eventually found his way to a small town, lost, nameless, with little knowledge of the outside world, where he was taken in by a kindly older pastor and his wife, who named him and began to raise him as their child. They discovered his gift for healing after several years, when his adoptive father was injured in a car accident, and James repaired the damage almost instantly. Declaring it a miracle, his adoptive parents touted him as a divine healer, touched by God. Their congregation grew, and people came from all over to be healed, and to see these miracles performed. James learned to enjoy helping people even if the praise, adoration and near worship made him uncomfortable. It was a good few years, however. Sadly, it came to an end when paranoia and fear of mutants began to grow, and his true nature as a mutant was revealed. Abandoned quickly and driven out of town, he was left with no family once again.

For years, he wandered from place to place, avoiding being picked up by the authorities, taking work where he could get it. He never lost his desire to use his abilities to help people, and he studied fervently at every opportunity, practicing with his powers and doing his best to grow stronger. He worked in clinics, veterinary offices, and even went overseas several times to lend aid to foreign countries and people in need. Time after time, though, his past caught up with him and he was forced to move on. When he eventually discovered the X-Men (or rather, they discovered him), he realized he had finally come to a place where he could put his abilities to work without needing to hide them. Since then, he has become a valued staff and team member, tending to his students, other teachers, and anyone else that comes looking for help.

Good-natured and relaxed, he is always willing to lend a hand with a smile and joke.

Turn-Ons: Being a connoisseur of genetics, he appreciates all aspects of the female body. Generally open to experimentation.
Turn-Offs: Anything belonging in a toilet.

---

Hope this is all okay. Had to make some assumptions in the background, so let me know if anything conflicts and I'll redo it.

Batman4560

Well as far as his healing is concerned with the metal...Logan heals at a much slower rate while the metal is in him because its not a natural part of his body. If he didnt have it in him bullets at anything less than close range would most likely not even get threw his first layer of skin. That being said the movies are very inconsistent. Example being X-2 Logan is shot in the head with a normal bullet at not point blank range. He drops for a good two minutes. X-men origins. Logan is shot point blank in the head with an adamantium bullet and doesn't even fall back. He only keeps moving forward so take his healing factor with a grain of salt. I believe it is effected greatly by how much adrenaline is pumping thew him.  As far as the movies go...I have a theory as to why he can't remember his past. In origins when he was shot in the skull by the adamantium bullet dented into his brain causing permanent damage because his brain cant heal around the dent.

RockSalt

Quote from: Batman4560 on June 17, 2013, 11:13:43 PM
Well as far as his healing is concerned with the metal...Logan heals at a much slower rate while the metal is in him because its not a natural part of his body. If he didnt have it in him bullets at anything less than close range would most likely not even get threw his first layer of skin. That being said the movies are very inconsistent. Example being X-2 Logan is shot in the head with a normal bullet at not point blank range. He drops for a good two minutes. X-men origins. Logan is shot point blank in the head with an adamantium bullet and doesn't even fall back. He only keeps moving forward so take his healing factor with a grain of salt. I believe it is effected greatly by how much adrenaline is pumping thew him.  As far as the movies go...I have a theory as to why he can't remember his past. In origins when he was shot in the skull by the adamantium bullet dented into his brain causing permanent damage because his brain cant heal around the dent.

Well, the movies are inconsistent with a lot of things. For yet another example, in the first movie when they showed an X-ray of Logan's hands, they had mechanical shit around them as if they were mechanical and added in. This contradicts both Orgins and the comics :p

Strifesblaze7

I was speaking for the movies, lol. I just knew it was mentioned in there. Seemed appropriate.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on June 17, 2013, 10:05:44 PM
You have to destroy his spinal column and the adamantium makes that pretty much impossible. He and sabretooth can only die that way.

Hulk has done it.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

AribethAmkiir

The movies were crap, all of them.  The comics are the only thing worth talking about, and with the comics you have to take in to account if it's an actual 616 timeline, or if it's a single author's homage to a particular character, like Planet Hulk.   

The above is simply my opinion and is by no means a statement to be considered as complete truth

Strifesblaze7

AribethAmkiir

In Planet Hulk, yes.  The Hulk defeats the entire X-Men roster.  Of course, Planet Hulk, and many other titles, are not actually 616 cannon, simply an author's homage to a character.

RockSalt

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on June 17, 2013, 11:24:02 PM
Hulk has FULLY removed his head?
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I haven't read any of Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe but I'm sure he's managed Wolverine somehow too.

Strifesblaze7

Well if it isn't canon it doesn't effect much.

Ember Star

Quote from: RockSalt on June 17, 2013, 11:28:35 PM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

technically his head is still attached to half his body
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony