News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Inkidu, January 11, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwolf85

funny fact, did you know nobody else but the player character can completely kill a dragon? if you don't finish them and take their power they respawn in a week (in game time) I found this out after a number of orcs and foresworn killed a named dragon, I ran to investigate but they'd already killed it with lots of arrows so I let it go, a week later in the same area it was back and burned the foresworn encampment to the ground. Knocked it out of the sky with dragonrend and beat it into submission.
oddly it summoned ghosts and reanimated foresworn corpses to fight me, it was a challenge but fun.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

Summoned undead to fight you? That's a new one on me coming from a dragon. Was it a named one or just an Elder/Ancient/Whatever Dragon?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

MercyfulFate

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on December 07, 2011, 01:05:55 PM
funny fact, did you know nobody else but the player character can completely kill a dragon? if you don't finish them and take their power they respawn in a week (in game time) I found this out after a number of orcs and foresworn killed a named dragon, I ran to investigate but they'd already killed it with lots of arrows so I let it go, a week later in the same area it was back and burned the foresworn encampment to the ground. Knocked it out of the sky with dragonrend and beat it into submission.
oddly it summoned ghosts and reanimated foresworn corpses to fight me, it was a challenge but fun.

Yup, you have to take their soul to truly kill them and you're the only one who can.

consortium11

Quote from: Shjade on December 06, 2011, 05:59:58 PM
Spect: sure, you can kill things in two or three hits. On the other hand, they can kill you in two or three hits, too. Or one hit. With this magic resistance bug I'm getting regularly one-shot by boss mages, and even run of the mill master mages hurt quite a bit. I killed a Volkihar Master Vampire by the skin of my teeth through all his draining and lightning blasts after attempting it five or six times in miserable failure, and I'm at level...39, 40, something like that.

Most of the game's enemies will eventually become fodder if you invest heavily in combat perks, yes. But then, that's the point of investing heavily in combat perks, so...I can't say I see the problem. If the game's too easy for you, specialize in lockpicking/pickpocketing/speech?

My issue isn't that the game is too easy... almost all Bethesda games are far too easy, even the ones I love such as Morrowind (where even if you deliberately nerfed yourself you'd still find the end-game a walk in the park).

My frustration is that a fairly fun and unique aspect of Oblivion was removed, with the reason given being that it was too easy to exploit to make the game a cakewalk... but instead we have another system introduced which if anything is even cheaper and makes the game even less balanced, especially considering the way that as a min/max or power-gamer magic has been toned down immensely...

Shjade

Ah, I see.

I wouldn't know about the brokenness of the previous two games: I really hated the magic system in Morrowind and what little I saw of it in Oblivion, so I basically used none at all.
◕/◕'s

Slywyn

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on December 07, 2011, 01:05:55 PM

Just a couple things. I'm suspicious, but not calling you a liar. One: Even if you as the player character kill a dragon, they often respawn. They just don't give you souls(usually) if they've respawned.

Two; I chcked the Wiki, aaaand... unless you had a mod or a bug or something else going on, I couldn't find a dragon who summons ghosts or other things to fight.

Three: the ghosts and such can likely be explained by the forsworn themselves respawning. Everything in the game respawns or otherwise returns after a period of about a week. Even ore nodes.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Tsenta

Dragons don't have the ability to raise the dead

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
*Spoiler* Short of Alduin himself but only for plot purposes. *Spoiler*

We have a Spoiler tag. -Vek
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Ironwolf85

well... the ghosts might've come from nearby ruins but they coensided with a thu'um it used that didn't do anything else. the dragon was named, so he probably respawns if you don't kill him persionally, deprive you of the fight and all that.
the foresworn were raised as zombies, one at a time, it was night so there could've been a vampire or one of their hagraven nearby but I still blame the dragon.
on the offchance, can hagravens raise dead? I don't think they can, don't know all of what briarhearts can do either, each one has cold powers, but I've seen varied spells. usually I take them out as fast as possable.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Tsenta

Hagravens are basically bird-like pyromancers with some healing mixed in but no corpse raising. Forsworn shamans can't raise dead either.     Higher dragons can use Unrelenting Force, Ice Storm/Fireball, and Ice/Fire breath shouts.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Nadir

... I just got approached by a messenger wearing only a loincloth who gave me a letter. Dude, I'm not touching that, where did you carry it?!

Tsenta

I'd be more interested as to who in their right mind would send a nekkid messenger.

Nadir

He was in the icy city too, with the mage's college. I had a look in his inventory and he had clothes... just refused to wear them.

Shjade

Quote from: Eden on December 07, 2011, 08:25:46 PM
... I just got approached by a messenger wearing only a loincloth who gave me a letter. Dude, I'm not touching that, where did you carry it?!

In his hand?
◕/◕'s

SilverStarfish

Braioch

Quote from: Tsenta on December 07, 2011, 08:32:47 PM
I'd be more interested as to who in their right mind would send a nekkid messenger.

I could name several people on E who would do that...

-eyes Eden pointedly-
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

SilverStarfish

I don't really know anyone here very well yet, but somehow that wouldn't surprise me. (:

Nadir

Quote from: Braioch on December 08, 2011, 05:04:32 AM
I could name several people on E who would do that...

-eyes Eden pointedly-

Didn't you like the manner in which your christmas card arrived, Brai?

Jacqueline

I found this video of a madman trying to play Skyrim as a pacifist, it's funny so, enjoy!

Felix the Peaceful Monk - Skyrim Commentary

Braioch

Quote from: Eden on December 08, 2011, 05:17:37 AM
Didn't you like the manner in which your christmas card arrived, Brai?

It was fine until the slinging and helicoptering occurred, then I became deeply disturbed.

They should have a policy against that sort of thing...
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Limoncello

Just watch that youtube video. Wow. He really does not kill a single thing. I want to know how he will be planning on how to take on a dragon?
Cello Ons and Offs Work in process
Absence  Updated 12/8/2011

Currently accepting rps. Currently updating Ons and Offs. Message me for any ideas you may have or want to try.

Braioch

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Inkidu

Quote from: Braioch on December 08, 2011, 08:54:34 AM
Ding!

Level 50  8-)
I hit level 37 or so my first playthrough. I can't imagine 50... D:

So what's it like being an unstoppable demi-god made flesh?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Braioch

I'm not THAT invincible, magic still hurts...but you know that 20% magic resistance from the Alteration tree, various resist whatever element potions from Alchemy, and decent Health doesn't make it all that bad. ::)

But too be fair, I'm a badass mofo, and I easily whoop some ass, melee attacks are quite a lot like using a BBgun on a tank, not going to lie. Takes high strength/damage+power attack or magic to really make me feel it.

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Shjade

Quote from: Limoncello on December 08, 2011, 08:14:35 AM
Just watch that youtube video. Wow. He really does not kill a single thing. I want to know how he will be planning on how to take on a dragon?

He won't. He's never going to even see a dragon.

Why?

He can't get the dragonstone from Bleak Falls Barrow. You have to kill the draugr boss at the end of the barrow to get the dragonstone - it can't be pickpocketed - and the first dragon fight doesn't happen until you give the dragonstone to Farengar. Therefore, Felix the Cat is never going to see a dragon, much less kill attempt to fight one.

Felix is a pretty cool cat, but he's not the Dovahkiin.
◕/◕'s