Super Smash Bros. RP Interest Check

Started by SammyGirl, April 09, 2014, 05:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyGirl

I'm returning from a very long role-playing hiatus. I'm hoping to see if anyone is interested in joining me for a Super Smash Bros. RP. Of course the RP will lend itself to developing random illicit relationships between various characters, human and non, male and female, hero and villian, and that will make it interesting. However, I am also hoping that that will not be the primary focus. I would like to develop an RP with a story and goals for the characters involved. The sexual situations and resulting drama would merely be a part of it. That being said, here are my ideas:

As far as character selection, participants would be allowed to use any characters that ever appeared in any nintendo video game (including third party but not including games that did not originate as a game, i.e. movie-based or novel-based games.) Once you selected a character or characters to play as, they would be yours and your name would be placed beside the character on the front page.

There would be fights in the style of Smash Bros. However, in order to prevent arguments and disagreements, the results must be decided before hand by all participants and then the fight would merely be played all to reach the end conclusion.

I was thinking that the story could revolve loosely around the creation of Porta Omnia, a structure housing various teleporters that can transport the Smash Bros. instantaneously to their various worlds (such as Hyrule, the mushroom kingdom, etc.) With the idea being that prior to this they had to arrive at the planetary home of the Super Smash Bros. Stadium by spacecraft. Naturally, with the convenience the new portals would cause there would also come the danger of misuse or worse--the portals coming under the control of someone sinister.

The setting: A pristine planet called Minerva where the Super Smash Stadium resides. It has become a huge vacation spot for various worlds throughout the universe. The Stadium building includes-of course-the stadium where the fights are held, as well as various other attractions such as a shopping mall, gym, bowling alley, food courts, and indoor gardens. The stadium grounds include an amusement park, a pokemon zoo, an oceanside beach walk, a trailer park for the Smash Bros., and a mansion-turned-hotel for guests and high profile vacationers. Other possible settings beyond Porta Omina might include the worlds that participating characters originated from.

Here is what the character sign up sheet would look like:
Character name:
Character Gender and Species:
Originating Game:
5 words to describe personality:
Battle Skills and Weaponry:
Pokemon or other partner (examples include: Navi for Link, pikmin for Olimar, Toad for Peach):
Brief History:

Claimed Characters:

SammyGirl

Character Name: Samus Aran
Character Gender and Species: Female Human
Originating Game: Metroid
5 words to describe personality: Bold, tenacious, compassionate, sarcastic, and confident.
Battle Skills and Weaponry: Power suit allows Samus the use of an arm cannon that can switch between multiple different beams as well as projectile missiles. She is well trained in Chozo martial arts.
Pokemon or other partner: Pikachu
Brief History: Samus is a bounty hunter for the Galactic Federation. She specializes in apprehending space pirates. She earned the trust of a pikachu in Super Smash Bros. Brawl when they fought side by side against the Sub-space Emissary.

Character name: Shadow The Hedgehog
Character Gender and Species: Male Mobian Hedgehog
Originating Game: Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
5 words to describe personality: Aloof, arrogant, obsessive, possessive, and loyal
Battle Skills and Weaponry: Chaos Emeralds allow transformation into Super Shadow. Uses chaos manipulation to alter the tide of battle. Also skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Extremely fast.
Pokemon or other partner: None
Brief History: Shadow the Hedgehog is the "Ultimate Lifeform" created in a lab by Gerald Robotnik. His memories of a girl named Maria haunt him often, but over time he has learned to cope. His relationship with Sonic is competitive, although he tries to portray himself as being above trifling with the blue hedgehog.

Character name: Soren
Character Gender and Species: Male Black Dragon Laguz/Human Hybrid
Originating Game: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
5 words to describe personality: Shy, Intelligent, Realistic, Prejudiced, and Self-deprecating
Battle Skills and Weaponry: Elemental magic, especially wind. Various forms of sorcery. Able to battle using staves and small knives.
Pokemon or other partner: None
Brief History: Soren was the tactical commander of Ike's army. He is very skilled and extremely intelligent, but when he found out that he was part Laguz, he became ashamed of himself and his history. He now does not know where his place is, and is a very lonely person.

apygoos
Link (apygoos)

I would recommend limiting yourself to a maximum of 3 characters to start, to give other people a chance to get good characters, as well as so you don't become overwhelmed.
Does anyone think this might be a fun rp idea? Any questions, comments, or suggestions?

apygoos

This might be interesting.
id like to call dibbs on Link [adult]
as for other characters, i noticed you took Shadow, would that imply that we could add /any/ nintendoverse character?
like, there's pokemon trainer red [the one we all know], but there's also Gold, May, Dawn, Blake, Nate, and Serena.
various versions of link[oot, TP, MM, SS, etc], various versions of samus[Prime, fusion, other M,  etc.]

SammyGirl

You're more than welcome to be adult Link. I'll put your name down so that nobody else takes him.

As for other nintendoverse characters: Yes. As long as the character appeared in a game on a nintendo system, regardless of whether it was a third party game or not, it's perfectly fine to pick them. This allows for not only more diversity, but also more opportunity for people to play as their favorite characters.

I only have a few rules as to what characters can NOT join:
I don't want any OCs for this rp.
No alternate versions of the characters. For example, since you want to be link, nobody else can play as any version of link, such as toon link, even though the characters were different in the different games.
I also don't want any child characters under 18. However, I would be okay with the idea of characters that were children in the games, so long as they have grown up. If someone wanted to be Ness, that would be fine, but it would have to be an 18 year old Ness, if only for the sake of the fact that there will be sexual situations in the rp.

I'm going to put you down as having chosen Link. If you want any other characters, let me know.

apygoos

thank you, still unsure who i might take on as extras, but for now im good.

Mathim

I was thinking about making a character but the inclusion of third-party things killed it for me. Sorry. No idea what Nintendo was thinking allowing those outsiders into Brawl...
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

SammyGirl

Aww. I just figured that since Brawl included third party characters there was nothing wrong with me including them in the rp. Plus it gives people a lot more choice.

Oh well. Hopefully we get some more people with interest. It won't be much fun as a small group since Smash Bros. is so expansive.

apygoos

guess theres really no interest here :/

Roxy Rocket

I thought the idea was great, but as much as I'd love to narrate the unholy alliance of A Man-Boy and his Blob, one of the racing Unicycles and Bad Mr. Frosty as they try to take their revenge on various N64 characters who crowded them out... what was I... oh yeah.

Narrative only player on player combat doesn't appeal to a lot of folks, I reckon'.

Otherwise Smash Bros. was[ a neat premise. Because that's what the game was: The kid playing imagination with the Nintendo toys. Or... that was the ending to the one on the 64.

SammyGirl

AndyZ

I don't usually post to threads where I'm not going to be playing, but I wanted to give this encouragement.  I just wanted to explain that I won't be joining because out of my two favorite characters, one would fit into the Vore issues, and the other breaks the rules of Elliquiy.

I suppose I could consider a Ness who's grown to 18+ but I'd have to come up with all kinds of backstory.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Lightshock16

Damn can't remember the last time I played Smash Bros. I may have to think about joining this...although not sure what character's I'll use...my current obsession with Dragonball Z might not go down well since most people consider character's from that series overpowered. xD;

Roxy Rocket

Quote from: AndyZ on April 15, 2014, 05:22:14 PM
I don't usually post to threads where I'm not going to be playing, but I wanted to give this encouragement.  I just wanted to explain that I won't be joining because out of my two favorite characters, one would fit into the Vore issues, and the other breaks the rules of Elliquiy.

I suppose I could consider a Ness who's grown to 18+ but I'd have to come up with all kinds of backstory.

Earthbound forevs. And people do age ups all the time. And since when is vore a bad thing?

Maybe leave it open till after the weekend, Sam wham babe? Maybe some folks didn't run on it or were worried it was gonna be all filled and and shizzazulz.

Conflict

Awww, don't give up on this RP! I can't believe it doesn't have more interest! I'm putting my name in for Ganondorf and a pokemon trainer, at the very least. Not sure how you feel about pokephilia, futa, other things like that. Ooh, Wii fit trainer sounds like she'd be fun to play, too.
Currently Playing: This War of Mine
Currently Reading: Robinson Crusoe

Savant of the Wastes

This looks like my kind of game. I hope you haven't given up on it yet? I'm still debating between Princess Zelda/Shiek or Lyndis from the Fire Emblem series. Both of them could be really fun to play here.

SammyGirl

I'm surprised that more people showed some interest. I would certainly like to give this a try, but I can't do it alone.

As for Ness: Aging him up to 18+ is not a problem. For the same reason that young link will not be allowed to participate, I understand the situation. Similarly, if anyone has a favorite game character that happens to be under age, aging them up doesn't bother me in the slightest. I also am not putting limitations on the types of interactions characters can have soooo

pokephilia and vore are okay. I'll probably be putting this into the extreme category of RPs if anyone still wants to play. I'll check back tomorrow one more time, and if more people are interested, I'll start a registration thread.

ManofDawnLight

Is there a link (ha-ha) for me to read up on the smash bros storyline?  I never knew there was one.
Short stories for now.  Light posts.

I am returning slowly.

SammyGirl

Well the original Smash Bros for N64 didn't really have a storyline, and neither did Melee, but i sorta made one up for those two. Brawl had a storyline, though. You can read about it here:

http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Mode:_The_Subspace_Emissary

And if you want to watch all the cutscenes for the story, you can find them here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU2CzynZqmI

Green Goo Theory

Interested. Going to peek through the old Nintendo archives for character choices.
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

I saw this thread, and have been debating for the past few days about joining.  I decided I might be willing to try two characters, potentially...the first being Zero from the Megaman Zero series, with the other being Sheena Fujibayashi from Tales of Symphonia/Tales of Symphonia 2...provided those work okay.  Just as fair warning though, I may not play them to the letter canonically....canons seem to give me hassles due to me working better with OCs, but I am perfectly willing to try.

SammyGirl

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on May 11, 2014, 04:38:21 PM
Interested. Going to peek through the old Nintendo archives for character choices.

Okay, well it looks like I have enough people interested to start an official registration thread. I'll start working on it and attempt not to make it too complicated XD

Quote from: EdwardShane on May 11, 2014, 10:34:33 PM
I saw this thread, and have been debating for the past few days about joining.  I decided I might be willing to try two characters, potentially...the first being Zero from the Megaman Zero series, with the other being Sheena Fujibayashi from Tales of Symphonia/Tales of Symphonia 2...provided those work okay.  Just as fair warning though, I may not play them to the letter canonically....canons seem to give me hassles due to me working better with OCs, but I am perfectly willing to try.

Those characters would both be fine. And as long as you get the gist of the characters' personalities, it's really not a problem if they're 100 percent canon in how they act. I've noticed in the few times that I've played smash bros' RPs that somehow Smash Bros. tends to bring out the extremes of personalities anyways XDD It makes it fun.

BTW, sheena rocks XD

EdwardShane

Quote from: SammyGirl on May 12, 2014, 11:10:44 AM
Those characters would both be fine. And as long as you get the gist of the characters' personalities, it's really not a problem if they're 100 percent canon in how they act. I've noticed in the few times that I've played smash bros' RPs that somehow Smash Bros. tends to bring out the extremes of personalities anyways XDD It makes it fun.

BTW, sheena rocks XD

All right, good to know lol...and yes XD yes, she really does...I actually usually switch the party around so I am controlling her, and not Lloyd.  (plus she was admittedly my first video game character crush...I was so happy when she joined the party >_<)

SammyGirl

Sheena was my favorite ToS character besides Kratos. She reminded me of myself XD

EdwardShane

Quote from: SammyGirl on May 12, 2014, 11:53:22 AM
Sheena was my favorite ToS character besides Kratos. She reminded me of myself XD

Kratos was a favorite of mine too...but so was Regal.  those were my top 3 favorite characters

Neysha

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on May 11, 2014, 04:38:21 PM

Yeah me too I guess... barely played much Nintendo.... argh.

Maybe I can join as Sonya Blade, that might be workable.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

SammyGirl

Okay. if you guys think of any characters you like, be sure to check out the registry thread here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=203784.0