Interest Check for a Survival Game set in the Aliens/Predator Universe

Started by Urbanzorro, November 20, 2012, 02:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

There we go.

AL-21 Combat Laptop

Description
The modern battlefield is as much a place of vital technology as it is one of combat. The AL-21 is part of the USCM's efforts to insure that individual squads of marines are able to adapt to this fact. Designed to be as durable as possible the AL-21 is capable of hacking into nearly any enemy computer system, be it a simple electronic lock or a comand and control mainframe

Effect: Your character is able to connect the laptop to nearly any computer and attempt to hack into it, thus allowing them to contol said computer. The success or failure of these attempts is determined by your character's Intelligence stat.
Cost: 4
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Kk, you just need to readjust your ranged attack stat and you are good to go.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kdyami

Family life is swamping me at the moment. I should have a fleshed out character sometime tomorrow, Tuesday morning at the latest.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Tydorei

What positions are left? You think you can edit the first page with a roster?

Urbanzorro

Here's the list of who had posted what so far. The game is on a first completed first approved basis.

1st Squad Leader: UrbanZorro(Character Pending)
1st Squad's Sergeant: Kdyami(Stats Approved, waiting on character)
1st Squad Smart Gunner:Prince Truhan( Approved)
1st Squad Flamethrower Man:
1st Squad Member:DrGrim(Approved Pending Stat Edits & Image)
1st Squad Member:Baalborn87(Approved)
1st Squad Member:
1st Squad Synthetic

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Tydorei

I'll be the last squad member. Though I am willing to take flamethrower if needed.

Kdyami

Sergeant Kyle Young is a 13 year veteran non-commissioned officer and an infantryman in the Marine Corps.  At 29 he excels in tactics and combat, his repeated acts of insubordination caused him to receive three demotions, with infractions such as fighting with an officer, (which resulted in 2 years in jail time), and striking a superior officer. He sports an ace of spades playing card attached to his left shoulder pauldron, and also carries a 357 sidearm he named "Naomi"

Biography

Since he was born Young's life revolved around the military. His family lineage has been a part of the military for generations, dating back to at least World War II. He signed up for boot camp at the minimum age of 16.

Although not physically gifted, Forge is strong for his size and weight. He displays desire and toughness in nearly everything he does and is incredibly competitive and driven to succeed. His training and discipline have left him with a "unique" personality and method of getting things done. Those under his command trusted him greatly, despite the fact that he failed his last psychological exam.

Young was a born warrior, but has difficulty coping with life outside the military. He has no family ties just the Corps. Forge has been decorated numerous times for valor and gallantry on the battlefield, but just as many counts for insubordination, conduct unbecoming, and striking a superior officer

He spent 2 years in prison, an infraction that removed any chance of moving through Officer Candidate School or even progressing beyond the rank of sergeant. A Lieutenant assaulted a woman in a bar, in which Sergeant Young stopped and confronted the Lieutenant. They engaged in a fist fight, with charges brought upon the Sergeant. Luckily for Young, the woman who had been attacked proclaimed him as a hero and all charges were dropped.

Now Young has loyalty only to the other members of his squad and has only one doomed goal; keep them all alive at all costs, at the expense of his own life if need be.

Stats and Kit
Stats Before Equipment:
Health: 11
Attack:5
Ranged Attack: 0
Accuracy:6
Agility:5
Intelligence:4
Defense:5
Perception:5
Stealth:5
Luck:4

Kit:
M41A Pulse Rifle:Description: The standard USMC firearm, it is as much a symbol of mankind’s mastery of technology and warfare as it is a deadly weapon, the M41A is capable of firing in either semi-automatic, 3 round burst, or full auto modes. It fires the standard high velocity armor piercing round, and is capable of supporting multiple modifications. It is light, compact, easy to use, and even easier to maintain, the only thing that’s hard to do is break it. Every marine must qualify with the M41A before completing their training to insure that, should the need arise any member of the USMC is able to pick up a rifle and join the fight. Effect: + 3 Ranged Attack, Cost: 5

Under slung grenade launcher (Requires Pulse Rifle): Description:  An under slung grenade launcher for the M41A Pulse Rifle, it fires shaped charge grenades at long range giving the average marine a way to effectively eliminate heavily armored opponents.  Effect: + 2 Ranged Attack, -1 Stealth Cost:3

M12 Pattern Advanced Personal Armor: Description:  The current model of body armor issued to USMC marines consists of a chest and back plate, in addition to a helmet, it is designed to effectively stop small arms fire, as well as rifle fire, but is outclassed when pitted against larger caliber weapons, in an effort to correct this problem the M12 Advanced Armor is in development, sporting a thicker layer of protection, as well as chemical resistance treatments for protection against enemy who choose to ignore conventional rules of combat.  Effect:+ 1 Health +3 Defense, Defense stat is immune to Acid based attacks.  Cost:2

M111 Combat Helmet: Description:  A stronger combat helmet, than the standard issue, the M111 possesses a radio transmitter and receiver, and is also capable of supporting a side mounted camera.   Effect: +1 Defense, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event, Allows its user to communicate with any member of the platoon who also possesses radio equipment. Regardless of location as long as there is nothing jamming the signal.  Cost:1

Side Mounted Helmet Camera (Requires Helmet): Description:  A side mounted camera for the M111 Helmet, it provides a constant feed to the platoon's officer, allowing him/her to evaluate the tactical situation of every member of his/her squad.   Effect: +1 Perception, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event. Cost:1

Stogie:  Description:  Bad for your health, but good for your nerves, frowned upon by doctors yet smiled upon by fighting men and women for years.  Effect:  +3 luck, -1 Health.  Cost:1

357 Magnum Revolver: Description:  Any marine who’s ever seen combat can attest to the near uselessness of the M4A3 with this in mind many NCO’s choose to carry ‘non-uniform’ side arms which are able to prove useful in close quarters as well as at range. Effect:  +2 Ranged attack, +2 Attack Cost:3

Advanced Communications Gear: Description:  The communication between a platoon’s NCO and Officer is vital, with this in mind Platoon Sergeants are granted access to better radio communications gear. Effect:  Allows its user to communicate with any member of the platoon who also possesses radio equipment regardless of location, Advanced Communications Gear signals cannot be jammed allowing the Sergeant to always hear who is talking to him/her and who he/she is talking to to always hear him/her.  Cost:4

Stats After Equipment:
Health: 12
Attack:7
Ranged Attack: 7
Accuracy:6
Agility:5
Intelligence:4, 6
Defense:8
Perception:6
Stealth:4
Luck:7

Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Urbanzorro

@Tydorei: Sounds good ;D

@Kdyami: He looks good though I think the profile image you're trying to use isn't working as nothing comes up on my end :S Also, I don't see his age listed anywhere.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Here's my character's skeleton I'll have a bio up shortly

Name Wade “Lt”  Reynolds
Age 30
Position in platoon/Rank Squad Leader (Lieutenant)
Personal History:
Wade was born on Earth, in New York City. Ever since he was a little boy, Wade always wanted to ‘be somebody.’ He was always thinking of ways to be a success and dreaming of the day that he could take action on them. During high school this drove him to achieve high grades in nearly every subject. And after high school it was a contributing factor in his decision to go to college for business management as opposed to many of the other fields available to him.

After college Wade attempted to start up his own cargo hauling company. He invested all his available funds into purchasing a run-down cargo hauler and trying to get contracts lifting cargo from the planet’s surface to the planet’s primary orbital facility, Gateway Station.  But sadly luck was not no his side and no matter how hard he tried he was unable to turn a profit on the business. Eventually he wound up selling the ship and shuttering his business.

Deeply in debt Wade needed a way out, it’s around that time that he go the idea to join the military. At the time it seemed like the perfect escape. He’d get meals and a bed for free as well as getting the hell away from the debt collectors breathing down his neck.  Hell, if he was lucky he’d even be able to find some out of the way colony to retire on and never even have to think about the money he lost on Earth. And so, at the age of 26

Given the fact that he entered with a higher education, and that he showed good leadership potential during basic training Wade qualified for OCS (Officer Candidacy School) after his first two years of service in The Corps.  When he was notified of this fact his old drive to ‘be somebody’ kicked back in and he jumped at the chance. Since then Wade has served as a squad leader in the USCM. He currently has a strong desire to make a career out of The Corps. With thoughts of eventual promotions to even higher ranks driving these ideas. Wade tends to take his responsibility for the lives of those under his command very seriously he has not yet realized that placing his soldier's lives as his top priority may not be his best path towards upper level command.
Stats Before Equipment
Health 7
Attack 4
Ranged Attack
Accuracy 7
Agility 6
Intelligence 6
Defense 5
Perception 6
Stealth 5
Luck 4
Kit
M190 Key Personnel Body Armor
L7 Personal Computer
Reputation-He’s a damn loose cannon!
M33 Shotgun
Full Auto
ARORA Uplink
M4A3 Pistol
Combat Knife
Stats After Equipment
Health 8
Attack 11
Ranged Attack 0
Accuracy 7
Agility 7
Intelligence 8
Defense 12
Perception 9
Stealth 5
Luck 4

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Tydorei

Let me know if its okay to have my Luck at 0. You know. Give the party the worst of luck. I mean, how else would they had gotten this assignment? (^_^)

Image: Coming Soon

Name: Sharon 'Jinx' Cox

Position in platoon/rank: Squad Member

Personal history: Will be up sometime.

Stats Before Equipment:
Health: 5
Attack: 5
Ranged Attack:
Accuracy: 6
Agility: 8
Intelligence: 5
Defense: 5
Perception: 7
Stealth: 9
Luck: 0 (AKA Jinx the Cat)

Kit:

M41A Pulse Rifle:

Description: The standard USMC firearm, it is as much a symbol of mankind’s mastery of technology and warfare as it is a deadly weapon, the M41A is capable of firing in either semi-automatic, 3 round burst, or full auto modes. It fires the standard high velocity armor piercing round, and is capable of supporting multiple modifications. It is light, compact, easy to use, and even easier to maintain, the only thing that’s hard to do is break it. Every marine must qualify with the M41A before completing their training to insure that, should the need arise any member of the USMC is able to pick up a rifle and join the fight.

Effect: + 3 Ranged Attack,

Cost: 5

Combat Stims:

Description: A set of stimulants issued to marines to be taken at their own discretion, these drugs increase their physical abilities for a short period of time with not immediate adverse effects, though they have been known to be habit forming.

Effect: +1 Attack, +1 Agility, +1 Accuracy, +1 Health

Cost:3

Demolition Charges:

Description: Charges used to destroy walls, doors, and in large enough ammounts buildings, they can prove a useful tool to a group of marines who need to make a new 'door'

Effect: +2 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event.

Cost:2

Stun Grenades:

Description: Specialty grenade used to stun an opponent with a flash of light and a loud concussive bang, causing temporary blindness, deafness, and disorientation. A bit more complicated to use than the average grenade they have been known to allow marines to clear an entire room without taking any fire at all.

Effect:  +1 Intelligence, lowers enemies Agility by 1,  Has a 50% chance of  permanently lowering a 'boss' opponent's Perception, and Accuracy

M111 Combat Helmet:

Description:  A stronger combat helmet, than the standard issue, the M111 possesses a radio transmitter and receiver, and is also capable of supporting a side mounted camera.   

Effect: +1 Defense, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event, Allows its user to communicate with any member of the platoon who also possesses radio equipment. Regardless of location as long as there is nothing jamming the signal. 

Cost:1

Side Mounted Helmet Camera (Requires Helmet):

Description:  A side mounted camera for the M111 Helmet, it provides a constant feed to the platoon's officer, allowing him/her to evaluate the tactical situation of every member of his/her squad.   

Effect: +1 Perception, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event.

M4A3 Pistol:

Description: The USMC’s standard issue sidearm, the M4A3 fires 9mm rounds, and possesses an impressive level of accuracy, albeit at the sacrifice of stopping power. Marines are advised to use the M4A3 only on ‘soft targets’ or as a weapon of last resort should their heavier armaments be exhausted. A common joke amongst Marine grunts about the M4A3 being that the only way to really put down a target with it is to score a head shot….and even then you may have to do it twice just to be sure.
Effect: +1 Attack, +1 Accuracy

AP Rounds(Requires Pistol):

Description: Many marines find their M4A3 lacking in the ability to penetrate its target’s defenses, with this in mind many arms manufacturers have taken to producing alternate forms of ammunition to be sold privately to the marines, the most popular is the armor piercing round, replacing the standard 9mm round with a uranium tipped round more capable of penetrating most  light armors.

Effect: +1 Ranged Attack

M10 Pattern Ballistic Armor:

Description:  The current model of body armor issued to USMC marines consists of a chest and back plate, in addition to a helmet, it is designed to effectively stop  small arms fire, as well as rifle fire, but is outclassed when pitted against larger caliber weapons.

Effect:+ 1 Health +2  Defense,

Combat Knife:

Description: Blades, in one form or another have been used by men and women for thousands of years, this primitive weapon is still in use within the USMC which prides itself on training marines who are not only expert shots, but excellent hand to hand combatants. A combat knife is standard issue to every marine both for its usefulness in combat, and as a simple tool.

Effect: +1  Attack

****Can I's gets this?****

Red Dot Sight

+1 Accuracy

Cost: 1

Stats After Equipment:
Health: 7
Attack: 8
Ranged Attack: 4
Accuracy: 9
Agility: 9
Intelligence: 6...9
Defense: 8
Perception: 8
Stealth: 9
Luck: 0 (Freaking JINX!)

mayovagn

Image:

Name: Sanders

Position in platoon/rank: Synthetic (Model 342-F Serial number WY17/TR7.3.55548S3)

Personal history: Assigned to the squad for the past three tours Sanders, was a replacement for an earlier 341-B model that was destroyed in a training accident. She is designated support and has extensive programing in communications, the sciences, medical care, armoury of all Colonial Marines equipment, aero/space flight, psychology and administration. She provides what support she can to the squad without involving herself in combat situations. As a synthetic she is considered too valuble dollar wise to risk in open combat, though in the support role she is able to provide valuble aid to the squad.
She has a friendly if slightly reserved personality, a british accent and manner. She is prone to making off colour jokes though some of this is bleed through from living with the grunts for a while.

Stats Before Equipment:
Health:8
Attack:2
Ranged Attack:0
Accuracy:4
Agility:8
Intelligence:9
Defense:2
Perception:9
Stealth:4
Luck:4

Kit: Synthetic Body, Modular Construction, Construction & Repair Programming, UA-571C Sentry gun,  MS3 Medical Kit

Stats After Equipment:
Health: +2 +2 =12
Attack: 2
Accuracy: 4
Agility: 8
Intelligence: 9
Defense: +3 =5
Perception: 9
Stealth: 4
Luck: 4
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

DrGrim

Sorry for the long wait but I went and updated my stats and added a picture for my character in the original post with my stats. Hope she gets approved :)

Urbanzorro

@mayovagan: Your Character is approved.
@Tydorel: I'll allow the sight and the luck just be warned that your character will probably never score a critical hit. So just find a picture and she's approved
@DrGrim: She looks good and is approved.
@Everyone: Looks like we just need a flamethrower man/woman

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

mayovagn

I don't know what else I could write about personal history for a support synthetic, so there wasn't my usual detailed history...

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Baalborn87

looks like mine and your characters might have a bit of "friendly" competition going on.

mayovagn

They could be playful certainly. Active rivalry is unlikely as Sanders will be loathe to go near combat situations where Holt will be loathe not to.

Sanders is support, administration, communications, science and technical. She will be behind the scenes checking and testing. Certainly the two of them could work together while Holt isn't actively engaged in the fun dangerous stuffs.

Urbanzorro

@Everyone: Well I was trying to wait to see if we could he Simons to take up the flamethrower slot but it looks like that may not happen. With that in mind I'll most likely be kicking this game off sometime today/tomorrow.

@Tydorei: Please try to get an image up so I can approve your character.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Sorry for the overly long delay, I wound up losing the USB drive with all my game files :S and had more on my plate with Real Life than I expected. Anyways excuses aside here are the IC and ooc threads. Let's have some fun!

OOC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159690.0
IC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159689.0

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

TheRedFear

Hey Urb, welcome back :)

Would it be possible to play a colonist who knows more than he appears to know?

The basic concept in a nutshell is a character who's parents were killed by a Predator on earth when he was a boy. He's spent his life since trying to hunt the hunters. He chases down every bogeyman story hoping it will lead him to what he seeks, and trying to peice together some pattern so he can predict likely places they might strike. Every such prediction has been a bust of course...until now. Whether it was brilliant deduction or random chance, he's about to find what he's been searching for...

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Baalborn87

Writersblockade

Submitted for your approval!

Image:

Name: Andrew "Arson" Patterson

Position in platoon/rank: Flamethrower

Personal history:

The Corps reserves some of the more...unique jobs for those it has viewed as just the right amount of crazy to do them. Becoming a walking funeral pyre seemed right up Andrew's alley. The "Koopa Suit", as he loved to call it, has grown into a piece of himself. He's come to cherish it as a man would cherish a vintage automobile, or a hard to find bottle of liquor. Inside he can hide from harsh realities of war, while delivering pain up close to the enemy.   

Stats Before Equipment:
Health: 8
Attack: 6
Agility: 5
Intelligence: 7
Defense: 5
Perception: 5
Stealth: 5
Luck: 3

Kit:
M240B Flamethrower w. Range Reactive Nozzle - 8pts
   +5 Attack, +3 Ranged attack combined
M119 Ape Suit w. NBC Kit - 5pts
   +1 Health, +3 Defense - Acid Immunity
Powered Joints - 2pts
   +2 Agility
White Phosphorous Injection - 3pts
Kinetic Dampeners - 1pt
XV35 Motion Tracker - 1pt
   +2 Percep, -1 Stealth

Stats After Equipment:
Health: 9
Attack: 11
Ranged Attack: 3
Agility: 7
Intelligence: 7
Defense: 8
Perception: 5 (7 when motion tracker is on)
Stealth: 5 (4 when motion tracker is on)
Luck: 3

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!