Good Work Never Ends [PATHFINDER]

Started by Ghostwheel, October 13, 2013, 10:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebb

Quote from: Phaia on October 15, 2013, 10:38:07 PM
nice ebb but ya need to turn on access to mythweavers  i have an account there and it would not let me see the sheet!!

Phaia

Oops -- I made a level 1 version, then copied over to make the level 14, and hadn't marked the second one public. Thanks for catching that.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: NicciKotor on October 15, 2013, 06:52:16 PM
Is ninja girl is a okay template to run with here? Need some validation before getting into the gritty.

I think ninja girl is okay concept, more what weights in is background itself and needing study the Runeterra lore and fit her off somewhere.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, updated my char post with the personality and background. A warning though; it's big wall of text :P. Anyways charsheet is ready for view, in Other Notes section is Lanfear's stats as eidolon.

Phaia

i want to sure i have this right this should be the way to build the character ??
race is half elf:
primary class -rogue/ secoandry magus
         base    + racial     +primary   + extra [7]    + 4 too all        final
str    10[0]                                               [10]        +4 [14]          str 14
con  13 [3]                                              [13]         +4 [17]          con 17
dex 17 [13]    +2 [19]     +7 [26]            [26]             [26]           dex 26
int   14 [ 5]                                              [14]         +4 [18]         int 18 [skill points based on 14 +2 per level]
wis  12 [2]                                          +4 [16]         +4 [20]        wis 20
cha  13 [3]                                          +3 [16]        +4 [20]         cha 20

phaia

Ebb

That matches my understanding, Phaia. One small caveat is that it might be worth keeping track of the numbers both before and after that last +4, since that's an 'enhancement' plus that doesn't stack with things like Bull's Strength, etc.

Ghostwheel

Lockepick

Human Spellthief
Appearance

Bresnahan was 'born' three years ago into the body of somebody physically sixteen. His body was built and designed for speed and precision over strength, giving him toned and tight muscles. His hair is dark, shaved close to his scalp along the sides and left longer along the middle. His eyes are a bright blue, that glow when he's channeling or activating a charge. His fair skin is devoid of any scars or marks that one might earn in gaining his level of combat prowess, the expanse of skin only marred by the dark tattoos that run across his left side. When he's channeling or activating a charge, the tattoos will begin to glow with a blue-grey light. When the power is exceptionally strong, it almost looks like the tattoos are shifting and changing to different symbols.
Backstory
In the City of Zaun, there are many wizards, mechanics, and scholars trying to advance their own power through experimentation. The Archmage Diadem was just another citizen, squirreled away in his own little corner, conducting horrifying and twisted experiments for as long as he could before he got caught. In the case of Diadem: he was trying to create an heir. He combined his own genetic material with that of all sorts of other sorcerers and monsters in a hope to create a magically pure being. Most of his experiments turned out as twisted monsters that had to immediately be put down. Occasionally, something would come out that resembled a human, typically with a potent inherent knack for magic. Diadem treated them like his children, though they hardly looked like a family, with each of the children bearing traits for any number of creatures and abominations in their 'lineage.'

Bresnahan was one such experiment that teetered between success and failure. He was designed and born in the laboratory, his first day awake had him physically well into his teens. He was the least deformed and looked the most human, outside of the glowing markings across half his body that almost resembled tattoos. Diadem assumed there was something to learn from Bresnahan, even as a failure, which was the only reason he was kept alive. He learned quickly about what he had inherited from his maker, as during his escape from the laboratory, he absorbed the spells from his guards and fired them back at them.

Bresnahan continued moving out away from the laboratory. The world should have been entirely new and confusing, but he found himself having an familiarity with the world around him. He ran to the north from Zaun into Pitlover, where he eventually got a job in a small machine shop. He originally worked there just to keep the place clean, doing grunt work to afford basic room and board. Over the years, as he developed more understanding and control over his powers, he became more useful in transferring power from one thaumaturgical device to another.

His powers outgrew the needs of the shop, and even though Bresnahan saw no reason to leave; his benefactor did. He was sent off to find the Institute of War, to find a greater use for his abilities. To help prepare him should Diadem ever decide to recollect his experiment...
Personality
Bresnahan is still learning about the world. Every new fact feels familiar, but it's like remembering something he had forgotten. It has given him a strong respect, and reliance, for instinct. He is generally a friendly sort; he's been lucky that most of his experiences with people in the few years of his life have been positive.

Apologies for a rather mundane and low-quality photo. It was hard to find something I liked for the tattoos. Character will wear a shirt normally. I just figured it was more interesting to showcase the tattoos.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Phaia

GW, couple of questions for ya?  could i drop one [or more] of the mw items [amor and weapon] to have a homunculus
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/homunculus

i waqs also planning on taking craft alchemny : poisons....the night dancer [her war name] uses them

also could she have other 'identities'
i see her as the spy, rogue, handler for the IoW

phaia

Ghostwheel

Can't drop the mundane items, but I'll allow you to get it for a Least item. And you have a thousand gold to play around with for poisons and the like.

Phaia

are we considered to have whatever mundane ites we need like bed rolls, horses etc or do we have to buy all that as well?

phaia

Ghostwheel

Phaia

i am leaning toward this as the image for my character

phaia

Inash

I have my sheet more or less finished I think.  I tried to guess on how the armor and weapons enhancement works.

How does the weapon enhancement interact with Magus class features though, especially the bladebound archetype?

For reference, here is the sheet:  http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=681357

ShadowFox89

Might have been missed, but can I use an adaption of the Warblade from 3.5's Tome of Battle?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

hey GW how ya doing?

I Gots more questions!
I may very well take the homunculus since it costs 2000 gold and can have its hd increased  by paying 2000 more which keeps it right at the least cutoff . would that be allowed?

also can i mix items that are less then 25000 example i was considering winged boots [16000] + boots of springing and striding [5500] they are simalar in that they work on movement?

last thing i would love to have as her weapon a bladed belt iwould  be willing to drop a + of enchanement to keep it a least item with +2 frost on it? it adds color to how i see her...normally appearing at best to carry throwing knives or a dagger at not much else.

phaia

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Inash on October 16, 2013, 02:19:33 PM
How does the weapon enhancement interact with Magus class features though, especially the bladebound archetype?

The Black Blade explicitly says that it cannot be enhanced in any way but through the Magus abilities, so you'll need to enchant it through your arcane pool.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 16, 2013, 02:28:01 PM
Might have been missed, but can I use an adaption of the Warblade from 3.5's Tome of Battle?

Sorry about that, been really hectic at work the last two days, but should calm down by the weekend.

As much as I love the class, this game's going to be completely Pathfinder, partially to see how the system handles power at higher levels.

Quote from: Phaia on October 16, 2013, 09:58:06 PM
I may very well take the homunculus since it costs 2000 gold and can have its hd increased  by paying 2000 more which keeps it right at the least cutoff . would that be allowed?

Sure, that's fine.

also can i mix items that are less then 25000 example i was considering winged boots [16000] + boots of springing and striding [5500] they are simalar in that they work on movement?

While I'll let you reassign item effects to different slots, no, you can't mix enchantments. That kinda takes away from the "iconic" nature of the items--I don't want to be mixing 5 different effects into one item when people get Greater items.

last thing i would love to have as her weapon a bladed belt iwould  be willing to drop a + of enchanement to keep it a least item with +2 frost on it? it adds color to how i see her...normally appearing at best to carry throwing knives or a dagger at not much else.

Remember, for weapons and armor, the bonus enhancement number doesn't matter for the purpose of Least/Lesser/Greater--just the number of enchantments it has on it.

So you could have a Frost dagger, a Flame Bladed Belt, and a Corrosive scimitar; each one would be a least item, but as long as you didn't use them at the same time they would all be at your normal enhancement bonus. If you used two of them at the same time, only then would you need to split the enhancement bonus.

So yes, you can take that as a Least item if you only have a damage booster on it.

ShadowFox89

Understandable.... How about an Aegis then? It's from Dream Scarred Press, and essentially turns you into Psionic Iron Man. Or maybe a Marksman.....

Though when Path of War comes out.... >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Either of those work, though I think someone's already got a marksman in mind. That said, I personally like the Protector archetype (at least to 5th level) as a way to tank effectively for your party, one of the (very) few ways that you can build a decent tank who can effectively stop his teammates from taking damage in Pathfinder.

Ebb

A bump to the top, and a question: How many players do you plan to take for this game?

Inash

Ah, I figured part of it out.  The enhancement bonus listed in the black blade progression table, is the damage bonus for the 'black blade strike' ability.

Ok, so as far as magic items go.  I get three least and three lesser + a mundane weapon and a suit of mundane armor.  I then get to add the enhancement bonus for the balanced wealth system to the weapon and armor.  So I could get a suit of Hellknight plate, It would effectively be +4.  If I understand your system, I could also add a special ability and a material to it?  So I could effectively have Fortified Admantine Hellknight Plate +4?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ebb on October 17, 2013, 04:04:57 PM
A bump to the top, and a question: How many players do you plan to take for this game?

So far GM has planned take 6. He selects from all finished applications the ones which he likes.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Ebb on October 17, 2013, 04:04:57 PM

4-6, to be exact. I'll be giving people another 2-3 days to finish their applications, and then deciding.

Quote from: Inash on October 17, 2013, 04:10:40 PM
So I could effectively have Fortified Admantine Hellknight Plate +4?

Correct, and that would be a Lesser item. If you removed either Fortified or Adamantine, it would drop to a Least item.

Inash

Ok, so that replaces one of the lesser items, and the returning dagger would replace a least.  got it, thanks.

Ghostwheel

Yep. And remember that you can also add a damage boost (like Shocking) to make a lesser item.

ShadowFox89

Would a Cryptic working as a Royal Inquisitor work then?
Call me Shadow
My A/A