Legends: Dare to Defy [CW/DC universe Sandbox] ~LGTBQ Friendly~ Recruiting

Started by MasterOfMyFate, November 26, 2015, 12:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterOfMyFate

"The night of the Particle accelerator exploded a dimensional barrier ruptured, unleashing unknown energies into our world. Anti-matter, dark energies, elements-""Those are all theoretical.""And how theoretical are you?"

"When you've created the singularity above Central City, you created a breach. A portal. Between our two worlds."

"What? You've never seen magic before?"

Aliens

Metahumans

Sorcery

Heroes

Villains

Legends

Plot: Set in the world of CW's DC television universe, multiple incidents have occurred within the world that have brought about the unnatural. Mystical, science, and the battles between good versus evil have inevitably created more than just victims. What the public believes to be the beginning was the particle accelerator failure of STAR Labs, awakening latent metahumans to unnatural abilities that were thought unbelievable. Super-speed, strength, etc., it's been seen all over the media. Some people try to hide it. Some have tried to use it for their own personal gain. But few have tried to be a hero with their new found gift.

But for true believers, they know that it doesn't take power to be a hero. Some have stood for what's right with their own strength and wits to guide them. And then there are some who've reached extra-dimensional sources to obtain abilities while some didn't even seek it to obtain it. Martial-Arts, Super-powers, aliens, magic and even assassins; it all exists. Now, a breach between two Parallel Universes (Earth-1 and Earth-2) has been open. This has left Earth-1 open for invaders of a different universe to come and either wreck havoc or try to stop chaos from happening.

You, the player, have a choice. Side with the heroes of today. Armed with either yourself, your power, or your magic, you will come together with other heroes to form a team tasked with dealing with those who wish to either rob, kill, or destroy Central City. You also have the choice of siding with the villains who have put aside their own greed to ban together against the heroes who wish to take away what they took themselves. As a villain, you could even be out for your own hide, backstabbing your way through to the top with aspirations of being the best. You could be from Earth-1. You could be from Earth-2. You could be from space or hell or even a league of men and women who have trained to fight for most of their lives. Whoever you are, history will tell of your tale the way you've spun it for centuries. For whatever you are, you will always remain to be one thing. A Legend.

Alright. The idea is to be a freeform sandbox game of you, the player, telling your own tale of heroism or villainy. You have the capability of recreating characters from DC comics that have not appeared in the CW tv shows The Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow. Or, you can even make your own original character with an origin story based around events that have transpired within the universe. Magic is a bit iffy, but it exists thanks to John Constantine revealing it. The setting of the story will take place in Central City, but it will be away from the The Flash and The Arrow. This is your story, not their's. That doesn't mean they can't cameo once or twice however.

Also, certain characters within the DC Universe will not be allowed to be taken for use within this role play. Mostly it will be characters that have already been sited on the CW shows, but big names such as Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are reasonably over powered. However, you can take Blue Beatle, Booster Gold, and certain heroes/villains that are considered big (such are side-kicks of heroes, certain Green-Lanterns, and even members of the Justice League and Teen Titans.) Keep in mind that not all people from Earth-2 has to be evil.

CHARACTER SHEET: (Edit: Affiliations will come later during the game)

[float=left][img height=400 padding=5]IMAGE URL GOES HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Build:[/b] (Height and weight plus body structure)

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Power/Ability/Skills:[/b]
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Angie

I'm interested. Maybe as a fire tossing hero...or an ice slinger. I will most definitely be on the hero side, though.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Chaosfox

Oh I love this idea love Arrow and The Flash.....Though haven't been able to keep up with them this season. 
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Chaosfox on November 26, 2015, 05:52:22 PM
Oh I love this idea love Arrow and The Flash.....Though haven't been able to keep up with them this season.

You should. Good things are happening for the Flash and Arrow is starting to get that comic book chill that I missed from Season 2. Then Legends of Tomorrow hits January 21st.
Master ON/OFF

Chaosfox

Well Flash come on at the same time as a show my mom watches and I have been watching Arrow since the third episode of the season.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Chaosfox on November 26, 2015, 10:56:39 PM
Well Flash come on at the same time as a show my mom watches and I have been watching Arrow since the third episode of the season.

You can always watched the episode you missed on the CW website for free.
Master ON/OFF

MasterOfMyFate

Name: Virgil Ovid Hawkins
Alias: Static "Shock"
Sex: Male
Build: 6'2, 202 lbs, athletic build
Face Claim: Michael B. Jordon

Personality: Virgil is sarcastic and witty in nature. He tries to be the man who lightens the mood with a joke or two all the while battling with his own depression. Every Sunday Virgil visit's Central City's cemetery to lay flowers for his mother who lost her life in the line of duty as a medic during the 1992 riots. Virgil aspired to be a professional boxer and even had the skill/technique for it while being in the prime of his life. When the particle accelerator exploded, Virgil lost his chance of fame and blames himself for it. He tries to not show off that he's a metahuman, but it does not stop him from doing the right thing as his mother's memory had taught him. Virgil can be easy to forgive someone who wronged them and tries to be on the right side of the law.

History: Virgil was born into a average family as an only child in Central City. At a young age, Virgil barely remembers his mother who vanished when he was three. In truth she had died in the line of duty during the 1992 riots against law enforcement. Growing up Virgil tried to honor the memory of the mother he barely knew by staying away from gang violence. He was bullied as a child with low self-esteem. It was then that Virgil turned to boxing for a means of self-defense and, later on, a career path.

At the age of 18, Virgil graduated highschool and moved out of his family's home in order to establish himself as a man. He had a job working at Big Belly Burger that allowed him to save enough money to afford a decent apartment with great pluming. Trying to apply for colleges, Virgil took working at a local gym as a part-time job on top of his part-time job at Big Belly Burger. Around that time, Virgil continued to hone his boxing skills that he learned throughout his junior years and was scouted by a sponsor, who would later to have been revealed to have been associated with criminal activity. At the time, Virgil thought he had his ticket to the big names.

At the age of 25, Virgil found out about his sponsor fixing fights and tried to inform the police. He was kidnapped and dragged to a power plant on the night of the particle accelerator explosion. If it wasn't for the explosion, Virgil would've had a bullet in his head. Luckily, or unluckily, he was the only survivor as lightning struck the power plant and fried everyone within the general vicinity. He, however, was left with no injuries and stuck in a coma for 3 months. Waking up, he found out that he had been replaced at big belly burger and that the owner of his local gym had passed away. Left on the will of the owner was the rights to the gym in Virgil's name.

To this day, Virgil runs the gym in downtown Central City while now being a licensed fitness trainer and boxing trainer. Sometimes he'd stop a mugger or two with his power, but does his best to stay away from sight and not expose the fact that he was a metahuman. He fears that if people found out, they'd look at him differently or even try to take away everything he owns in an effort to hurt him for being different. Sometimes he wishes he could be as courageous as the Flash; the hero of Central City.

Power/Ability/Skills:

Electro-magnetic control: Virgil has the power to harness and control eletcro-magnetic pulses and even manifest them in the form of physical electricity. He can levitate, push, pull, and even reshape any metallic alloy by surrounding it in electricity to utilize the magnetic force of positive and negative to his will. He can also absorb electricity from power sources to give him a temporary boost in power. He does not need to "recharge" his power to harness it. Sometimes, if he focuses hard enough, he can shroud any object, regardless of whether or not it's metal, and move it by as if it was metal. He is also capable of throwing electricity in the form of an attack that would have the same effect as natural electricity.

Boxing: Virgil was a boxer of professional level and has even been able to use it in a street fight with great skill. With his skill in Boxing, Virgil has become physically fit, fast, and strong for a man his age.

Healing Factor: Virgil can heal from almost anything within the matter of a good night's rest. He broke a finger bone one night and it healed within three hours of his sleep. This leaves his metabolism running fast so he has to consume large quantities of food to keep him not hungry.

costume
Master ON/OFF

mia h

So you are looking for characters that are Arrowverse but not in the shows? *wonders if having an E2 version of an Arrow character would just be cheating*
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: mia h on November 27, 2015, 02:18:42 AM
So you are looking for characters that are Arrowverse but not in the shows? *wonders if having an E2 version of an Arrow character would just be cheating*

Well technically they haven't shown up yet. *hint hint hint* (Btw, the Arrow in Earth-2 is Robert Queen instead of Oliver Queen. Keep that in mind.)
Master ON/OFF

mia h

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on November 27, 2015, 02:27:31 AM
Well technically they haven't shown up yet. *hint hint hint* (Btw, the Arrow in Earth-2 is Robert Queen instead of Oliver Queen. Keep that in mind.)
Who is they?
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: mia h on November 27, 2015, 02:30:39 AM
Who is they?

Earth-2 versions of Arrowverse characters. However, if you choose to pick them for use please make then differ from the already established Earth-1 characters. If you want, you can make a member of the League of Assassins who could be on a mission in Central City or is running away to do their own thing.
Master ON/OFF

Landshark

So aside from it being sandbox, is there a storyline or is it just open to whatever folks want to do and suck. If its open, how much flex is there for what your character does? Example being...could I have my character take out a group of gangbangers Or burn a building down on "accident"? What city/cities does it take place in? Are the established heros/villians already in play? Can I attach my character to them starting out or does that need to be RPed?

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Landshark on November 29, 2015, 08:06:23 AM
So aside from it being sandbox, is there a storyline or is it just open to whatever folks want to do and suck. If its open, how much flex is there for what your character does? Example being...could I have my character take out a group of gangbangers Or burn a building down on "accident"? What city/cities does it take place in? Are the established heros/villians already in play? Can I attach my character to them starting out or does that need to be RPed?

It's going to be a bit of both in the sense that people can interact freely and build drama with each other. However, doing vigilante justice and starting organized crime will be allowed. I ask that people don't make a total anarchist, but doing crime is part of the job. There will be a seasonal storyline with a big bad with each season where the heroes and villains may have to compromise to survive. It's the main reason why I don't want people taking anyone overpowered.

As for established heroes, some of the original cast of the shows WILL appear in some form or another during this show but I ask that the player don't make someone who is totally closely tied to them. However, under circumstances where your character is from Earth-2, you can be "intimate" with certain characters from that world such as Jay Garrick and Earth-2 counterparts of the Earth-1 heroes.

As for setting, everything will be taking place in Central City, but far away from STAR Labs. Despite the Flash operating there, he won't be too involved in some of the storyline I've planned for the players. It's more going to be like "Oh hey, there are other heroes other than me. I can trust them to take care of this part of town." Considering that this taking place during Season 2 of Flash and Season 4 of Arrow, Zoom is available for interaction regarding the villains.
Master ON/OFF

Orange Marmalade

MOMF!

Interested....

Possibly a version of Dick Grayson from Earth-2. Or maybe a Donna Troy or Cassandra Cain.

TheRaven

Name: Terry Trager
Alias: The Magician (in the future; currently n/a)
Sex: Male
Build: 5'11", 160 lbs., and rather slim

Personality: Terry is a wry, reserved sort of fellow. He keeps quite a lot of his own personal issues bottled up behind well-timed deflections, dry commentary, or even just outright changing the subject. He frequently uses his talent of manipulation for personal gain as a lawyer, but that's not to say he doesn't put it to use for more positive ends either. On multiple occasions he's demonstrated an altruistic streak, and has on more than one occasion persuaded some of his legal colleagues to do charity work with him during their off hours.

History: A lifelong dabbler in the occult, Terry was fascinated from a young age with divination, tarot, and other assorted magical paraphernalia. However, mere illusions and sleight of hand didn't entertain him; he wanted to achieve the truly magical. Of course, with the passing of time, he grew out of his fascination.

He graduated from Gotham University with a bachelor's in law, and followed it up with a masters and a license to practice law from Central City. When the particle accelerator failed, he thought little of it. Then he dug out an old tarot deck, just for fun, between cases and did a three-card flip for his current case: inverted Three of Pentacles, Judgement, and the Ace of Pentacles. A failure on his part for creating something; looking at his past, his present, and his future; and some new fortune or health to come.

He failed to defend his client on that case. However, he did discover, oddly enough, that he seemed to be finding that his luck had started to turn for some reason. A dollar bill left on a snack machine at the law office with "On me :)" scribbled on the post-it adhering it to the glass; not hitting a single red light on the way home; and mercifully waking up without a hangover despite despondently drinking away his failure on the case.

He did another reading. He needed to test this.

The Two of Swords, the Six of Pentacles, and the Devil. A choice, generosity, and materialism. Well, that spelled it out rather clearly. He had power, the question is what to do with it.

What was this power, though? The Magician, the Ten of Wands, and the Ace of Swords inverted. Power, a burden, but ultimately unclear. Well, that was marvelously unhelpful. Terry needed a smoke.

He had quit for a while, but the stress of that case merited one. And what was happening now. As he squeezed his lighter in his hand, though, the fire seemed to leap from it at once, and lit his cigarette. He hadn't even moved his hand but to flip the lighter open. He paused to inspect it for a moment. "1945: We survived," an engraving pressing into his palm. It had been his grandfather's, something the man had purchased in France while serving during World War II.

With further experimentation, Terry found a particular vocation as a spiritualist and diviner, though he hasn't exactly been broadcasting this. He's stopped a few muggings here and there, sure, but only because he phoned in tips about it.

As the Ace of Swords inverted told him before, his future is unclear. For the moment, though, he's content to practice his magic in secret and flex his legal degree in public.

Power/Ability/Skills:

Divination: With the aid of a tarot deck, Terry can interpret future events, often with startling accuracy. His powers have acted up before over what exactly a particular card is supposed to mean, but by and large he is achieving more precision with his divining.

Spiritualism: Drawing on the experiences and memories of an object and the person who used it, Terry can magically influence the item. For instance, he can move the flame from a lighter to objects similar to those it frequently lit before, he can rather jerkily go through the practice forms with a weapon and make a passable attempt at defending himself, and he can turn locks just by holding their keys.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Landshark

Thinking of either an OC version of Black Canary from E2 or Red Arrow from E2 (Connor Hawke)

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Landshark on December 01, 2015, 12:31:41 PM
Thinking of either an OC version of Black Canary from E2 or Red Arrow from E2 (Connor Hawke)

These might be fine, but the Connor Hawke idea may need to be adjusted considering in The Flash show Robert Queen was revealed to be the Arrow in Earth-2. So if you are doing Oliver's son Connor Hawke you need to work on a timeline. Otherwise Earth-2 Black Canary is up for grabs.
Master ON/OFF

Landshark

oh i didnt recall that having been said in the show. Mkay no big deal. Since it hasnt ben established then and we are going by CW canon i could still play E2 Red Arrow though just not call him Connor Hawke yes? Also IF I made an OC E2 Black Canary style character is it allowable for her to be completely OC?

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Landshark on December 02, 2015, 10:57:54 AM
oh i didnt recall that having been said in the show. Mkay no big deal. Since it hasnt ben established then and we are going by CW canon i could still play E2 Red Arrow though just not call him Connor Hawke yes? Also IF I made an OC E2 Black Canary style character is it allowable for her to be completely OC?

We are going by CW canon with the events happening there applying to here, but we will be away from their craziness. Some of it may even bleed in as either Easter eggs or plot related.

What you can do for Connor Hawke is have him be the son of Oliver Queen from when he was fiddling around at a young age in Earth two. Most of Earth-2 remains the same as Earth-1 just that the heroes are different people like Flash being Jay Garrick and Arrow being Robert Queen. That would mean Connor would have to be around 16ish when Oliver began fooling around in highschool at the age of 15-16. Otherwise, for an OC idea, there was an Earth-2 comic where Connor Hawke was Red Arrow (which is where I believe you got the idea from), but the original concept of his character was to have him named Roy McQueen as a mix between Roy Harper and Oliver Queen. It all really depends on how much you'd like for Connor Hawke to be a thing. Since time travel is a thing in the CW universe, I may allow that.

As for OC Black Canary being completely OC, that is allowed as well. This is literally a game where you can build your own character from either scratch or existing parts. I encourage creativity.

Master ON/OFF

Landshark

Would an E2 version of Thea be allowed where Malcolm ended up with her as a preteen? Shes been trained from an early age and Sara was a good friend. Thea took up being a Canary style hero after her death. Comes to E2 on the trail of some Baddy.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Landshark on December 06, 2015, 07:59:24 AM
Would an E2 version of Thea be allowed where Malcolm ended up with her as a preteen? Shes been trained from an early age and Sara was a good friend. Thea took up being a Canary style hero after her death. Comes to E2 on the trail of some Baddy.

I'd allow this. Also you could intergrate into her story that Tommy is still alive on Earth-2. I figured he'd still be alive in an alternate universe.
Master ON/OFF

rrichmon

If this is still going on I'd like to join in. Although I do love me some Sara Lance. I'd like to be an earth 2 White Canary, not sure if I'd want to be a hero or villain though.

Name:
Megan Bliss

Alias:
White Canary

Sex:
Female

Build: (Height and weight plus body structure)
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 140lbs
body structure: athletically fit nice booty, 34B cup

Personality:
Loner, doesn't play well with others. She has a temper and tends to let it show no matter who is on the other side of it. Not necessarily good or bad, she is mostly in it for herself.

History:
trained by Argus as part of a super warrior program, Left because she couldn't stand Waller paired with Talia Al Ghul(not in arrow...yet idk if she will) trained as her #1 assistant. Struck out alone after Talia killed her former beloved.

Power/Ability/Skills:
Master at martial arts.
Skilled with swords.
Extreme durability.
Perceives at metahuman speed.

Hope I am not too late
"How sad, to work so hard for.. so little"

Batman4560