Secret Text

Started by TheKhan, January 08, 2012, 04:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKhan

So I've also got a game going over at dndonlinegames.com, which like many other roleplaying forums also uses BBCode for its formatting. One of the coolest features they have over there for GMs is the ability to include secret text that only some individuals see. We use it if some players are in the loop out something, but others aren't, such as being mind controlled. Would that be something possible to impliment at E?

Oniya

You might want to drop that suggestion in the CMS Suggestion Thread, as Veks is in the process of rewriting the server-end software.  I'm pretty sure there's nothing at the moment to allow that precisely.

The only current options would be to a) use the spoiler tag and trust in the honor system, or b) send a PM to the group of players that are 'in the loop' while leaving the story thread limited to what everyone sees.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17