Empire of the Indigo Star -- Sci Fi political intrigue freeform original setting

Started by Niferbelle, November 10, 2015, 08:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Crash on November 30, 2015, 04:15:45 PM
Umm yeah.  Definitely a fan.

She was the bee's knees as badgirl Perkins in John Wick. In fact she usually manages to be the bee's knees even in tragically shitty roles.
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Caela

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 30, 2015, 04:32:58 PM
I thought someone was already using her? Or am I wrong?

I tossed her up as one of the options when Koka asked for someone who wouldn't like she could be blown over by a stiff breeze. I believe Koka settled on Jaimie Alexander however and that Adriene is available. :)

As for the ones you listed, I like the first and third better than the middle girl but that without knowing anything about the character's personality or background.

Ontan

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 30, 2015, 01:00:07 PM
OK these are the faces I have narrowed my choices down to, let me know what you think :)

Alexandra Park

Holland Roden

Gatto Nero Katzenkunst
Quote from: Caela on November 30, 2015, 04:39:29 PM
As for the ones you listed, I like the first and third better than the middle girl but that without knowing anything about the character's personality or background.

Katzenkunst or Roden get my vote, if only because House Atalaryk seems to have a monopoly on the smouldering, dark hair & dark eyes look. That, and redheads are just the best.

And speaking of things that are the best: Cyrano! I finally got around to reading your entries in the Out of Time thread, and they were fantastic. I thought you should know that ;)

Edit: Here's the updated roster of approved characters. I've added faction specialties in there as well, the idea being that new / prospective players can get a rough idea of what's happening at a glance, without the need to flip back and forth to the info thread.

Approved Character Roster

CharacterFaction (Specialty)Primary SkillCharacter Concept
Crown Princess Azurine Udel Xavendir     House Xavendir (The Emperor’s House)     Deception / Manipulation          The Emperor’s oppressed eldest daughter, who is looking to establish a powerbase of her own.
Princess Hana AtalarykHouse Atalaryk (Naval tacticians) SpacefaringAn unmarried princess, and secretly a skilled commando.
Princess Illyana AtalarykHouse Atalaryk (Naval tacticians) Intelligence / DiplomacyAn acknowledged bastard daughter, who’s turned her interests to information gathering.
Princess Rhebekka Emanuelle AtalarykHouse Atalaryk (Naval tacticians) Space CombatA married Lady and Naval Officer, with a flair for diplomacy and combat.
Duke Tarrek El'Essen AtalarykHouse Atalaryk (Naval tacticians) StrategyThe incumbent Duke of his House, and a brilliant commander in his own right.
Ghalia PrawomirHouse Prawomir (Religion) BeguilmentThe controversial but hugely influential ruler of House Prawomir, and a figurehead for the Empire’s faith
Princess Maleida BroedinHouse Broedin (Landowners and traders) Trade ExpertThe Duke’s beloved daughter, who’s fated to be used as a political bargaining chip in order to secure her House’s future.
Prince Gallatin DhaazHouse Dhaaz (Wealth and Biotechnology) ScholarA philosopher-politician, with an endless thirst for knowledge and an extensive web of correspondents.
Prince Jalen NovariHouse Novari (Xeno-ambassadors) AdventurerThe notorious rake of House Novari, famed for his adventuring exploits and wild parties.
Diarivo Kairitsu Sundosa-ZurunHouse Rovona (Espionage and modern ships)     DisguiseA second-generation Orzorone exile; publically a skilled performer and privately an agent of espionage.
MartiusIndependent (GEL Rebels)     Tactics (ground and ship)The enigmatic GEL liberator stirring up unrest throughout the Empire.

Niferbelle

Really love this awesome chart, Ontan. I've added it to the information thread :)

Also, if you are creating an NPC, please consider one of the connections being sought by other players.

Amelita

My girl's name is Maleida Broedin ::)

When you say create NPC's, do you mean we can write them up sheets?

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: NiferbelleReally well done, Cyrano. I was impressed with all of it, but especially the way you captured the atmosphere and the culture of the place.

Quote from: OntanAnd speaking of things that are the best: Cyrano! I finally got around to reading your entries in the Out of Time thread, and they were fantastic.

Much appreciated! :D

Love your work with the character tables, Ontan, that's damned handy.

Quote from: AmelitaWhen you say create NPC's, do you mean we can write them up sheets?

Hoping that's what it means. I'm working on a sheet for Laila right now...

Ontan

Quote from: Niferbelle on December 01, 2015, 01:14:24 AM
Really love this awesome chart, Ontan. I've added it to the information thread :)
Quote from: Cyrano Johnson on December 01, 2015, 04:44:22 AM
Love your work with the character tables, Ontan, that's damned handy.

Happy to help – hopefully it comes in handy. I’ll keep it updated as more characters get added to the roster.

Quote from: Amelita on December 01, 2015, 03:50:33 AM

That was a test. As a reward for passing, I’ve corrected the spelling of your character’s name.
… *awkward cough*

Niferbelle

Quote from: Amelita on December 01, 2015, 03:50:33 AM

When you say create NPC's, do you mean we can write them up sheets?

Yep! I would just use the same template. The major difference is just the focus of the GMs in getting the character interated into the game. Those from HaF know 'NPC's can become important characters in their own right.

Announcement!

We now have an OOC Thread

Flower

Niferbelle

Still accepting characters! I'd like to remind you, if you're finding the setting overwhelming for now, you can always PM Aiden and me an idea of what kind of character you would like to play and we can help you put the concept together :)

Niferbelle

Still plenty of room for more characters. Ontan put together a great 'game-at-a-glance' chart that might help when picking out a character. Not too late to jump in!

CharacterFaction (Specialty)Primary SkillCharacter Concept
Crown Princess Azurine Udel Xavendir     House Xavendir (The Emperor’s House)     Deception / Manipulation          The Emperor’s oppressed eldest daughter, who is looking to establish a powerbase of her own.
Princess Hana AtalarykHouse Atalaryk (Naval tacticians) SpacefaringAn unmarried princess, and secretly a skilled commando.
Princess Illyana AtalarykHouse Atalaryk (Naval tacticians) Intelligence / DiplomacyAn acknowledged bastard daughter, who’s turned her interests to information gathering.
Duke Tarrek El'Essen AtalarykHouse Atalaryk (Naval tacticians) StrategyThe incumbent Duke of his House, and a brilliant commander in his own right.
Ghalia PrawomirHouse Prawomir (Religion) BeguilementThe controversial but hugely influential ruler of House Prawomir, and a figurehead for the Empire’s faith
Princess Maleida BroedinHouse Broedin (Landowners and traders) Trade ExpertThe Duke’s beloved daughter, who’s fated to be used as a political bargaining chip in order to secure her House’s future.
Prince Jalen NovariHouse Novari (Xeno-ambassadors) AdventurerThe notorious rake of House Novari, famed for his adventuring exploits and wild parties.
Lord Al-Karim ibn Novari-OrzoroneHouse Novari (Xeno-ambassadors) Martial ArtsHead of the Xeno Alliance-Novari consulate project, and a radical force for social reform.
Inara Delvina NovariHouse Novari (Xeno-ambassadors) KnowledgeA model noblewoman… but also a ‘dark horse’ candidate for Xeno-diplomat, and a cunning information broker.
Diarivo Kairitsu Sundosa-ZurunHouse Rovona (Espionage and modern ships)     DisguiseA second-generation Orzorone exile; publically a skilled performer and privately an agent of espionage.
Othoro Laila Rovona (Player NPC)House Rovona (Espionage and modern ships)     SchemerAn ambitious princess with plans to rule through her husband, Prince Kaga.
Martius Independent (GEL Rebels)     Tactics (ground and ship)The enigmatic GEL liberator stirring up unrest throughout the Empire.
626, “Little song bird” (Player NPC)Independent (Privately owned GEL) PleasureA concubine GEL with dreams of finding her freedom.

Unrepresented Houses:

FactionSpecialtyStatus
House Dhaaz Wealth, Biotechnology, and GEL troop productionUnrepresented – players needed!
House Saiah Pervasive economy, elite soldiers, and the Emperor’s favourUnrepresented – players needed!
House ChainerMineral rich, trade, and shipbuilding Characters / NPCs pending
House Potemkin   Ruthless technological development, advanced burrowing, homogenous society    Non-playable

Flower

I would love a handmaiden for my lady! Just wanted to put that request out there.

Swashbuckler

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Swashbuckler on December 09, 2015, 01:59:33 PM
What is Pervasive Economy?

I was a bit confused by that, too. It seems to be a reference to this in House Saiah's description:

QuoteThey often make their investments through third parties and so occasionally will pop up in other Houses’ financial affairs unexpectedly.

Maybe Diversified Portfolio would be a better way of putting it?

Niferbelle

Regarding House Saiah, I agree with Cyrano, diversified portfolio might be a better way to describe. I made that statement just to let everyone know about one of their financial tactics.

*tries to lure Swashie in with nudie photos*

CShades

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

Swashbuckler

Ontan

Quote from: Cyrano Johnson on December 09, 2015, 03:51:09 PM
Maybe Diversified Portfolio would be a better way of putting it?

That’s definitely better wording. “Stealth investments” sounded a bit weird, but I wasn’t quite sure how else to phrase it. Diversified Portfolio hits the mark much better – cheers Cyrano!

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Ontan on December 09, 2015, 05:53:41 PM
That’s definitely better wording. “Stealth investments” sounded a bit weird, but I wasn’t quite sure how else to phrase it. Diversified Portfolio hits the mark much better – cheers Cyrano!

Pleasure's all mine, bruv. :D

Kythia

How feasible would a female scientist be given the setting. Assuming there's no "no Kythias allowed" policy, of course.

Cyrano Johnson

We already have a female commando. I don't think a female scientist would be a stretch, though she might have to hide her light under a bushel a little bit. House Dhaaz, maybe?

Kythia

That was the plan yeah. And I was planning an npc husband for bushel purposes