News:

Main Menu

The Legend of Korra.

Started by Wolfy, March 17, 2012, 05:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Aidonsious on June 27, 2012, 07:54:56 AM
Oh yes she did!  Season finale was epic!

I wouldn't call it epic.  It was a good finale that wrapped up the season but nothing hugely spectacular happened....
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
until the last like 3 minutes of the show where she accessed her avatar state and restored the rest of her bending and the bending of others.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

Yeah, I can't say anything particularly legendary happened.

@NotoriusBEN: While I'm completely willing to believe studio executives are being dumb with regard to this series, I find it odd that, if this was intended to be a single-shot series, it would be titled "Book 1." Generally speaking, you don't number your books if you're only planning on making one of them.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

NotoriusBEN

Who knows, shjade.

Im just relaying some of the politicking I've seen of Nick over the last few years. Like I said, LoK was created and Nick bought 14 more episodes at a point in time that would have made it extremely hard to go back and make the seasons over arc like ATLA 1 through 3. Maybe Title Cards are easier to push through production than animation is.

Callie Del Noire

Ben has a point. Politics are a BIG gig in the networks. That is why sci-fi shows tend to implode no matter how good they are (along with some other genres) because they are expensive and take time to build momentum while 'reality shows' are cheap, you can sell/hype them really intensely and costs are damn small compared to a potential Buffy/Angel/Xfiles/whatever.

Not to mention American studio execs seem to want to be 'kingdom builders'. They don't like things they can't completely put under THEIR name.

Aidonsious

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 27, 2012, 06:31:51 PM
I wouldn't call it epic.  It was a good finale that wrapped up the season but nothing hugely spectacular happened....
until the last like 3 minutes of the show where she accessed her avatar state and restored the rest of her bending and the bending of others.

She went further than Aang ever got spirit related (in a shorter time) and learned a technique that no one knows...I saw that calls for a little bit of epicness....

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Aidonsious on June 27, 2012, 10:00:51 PM
She went further than Aang ever got spirit related (in a shorter time) and learned a technique that no one knows...I saw that calls for a little bit of epicness....

What technique?

Shjade

Quote from: Aidonsious on June 27, 2012, 10:00:51 PM

She's been training to be the avatar since she was like five or six years old and she's older now than Aang was in The Last Airbender. How do figure she did it in a shorter time?
◕/◕'s

Aidonsious

She was unable to make a connection with the spirit world in the beginning, Aang could only talk to one or two people max regarding advice. What she did in the last episode far exceeded that one to two past avatar that Aang mastered. Also, Aang struggled with the other three elements, when Korra was 5 or 6, she already pretty much mastered 3 of teh four elements on her own.

Aidonsious

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 27, 2012, 10:20:58 PM
What technique?

I am trying really hard not to spoil but the one that reversed what Amon had done to everyone....Aang gained the ability to do what Amon did but never the one to reverse it..

Chris Brady

Quote from: Aidonsious on June 28, 2012, 02:55:57 PM
She was unable to make a connection with the spirit world in the beginning, Aang could only talk to one or two people max regarding advice. What she did in the last episode far exceeded that one to two past avatar that Aang mastered. Also, Aang struggled with the other three elements, when Korra was 5 or 6, she already pretty much mastered 3 of teh four elements on her own.

Aang was never formally taught the other elements, like Korra has.  I think Aang had the harder journey in that regard.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

vin26m

Quote from: Aidonsious on June 28, 2012, 02:57:41 PM
I am trying really hard not to spoil but the one that reversed what Amon had done to everyone....Aang gained the ability to do what Amon did but never the one to reverse it..

Aang gave Korra back her lost bending. 

It was Spirit Aang, but still Aang. 

I think Aang went into an avatar state when he returned Korra's bending, and I think Korra entered the avatar state when she returned Lin's bending.

The Golden Touch

Remember to use spoilers to hide endings to shows for those of us that have not seen it.

[spoiler](Insert ending here)[/spoiler]

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

vin26m

Quote from: The Golden Touch on June 28, 2012, 05:35:39 PM
Remember to use spoilers to hide endings to shows for those of us that have not seen it.

[spoiler](Insert ending here)[/spoiler]

Fixed.

Shjade

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 28, 2012, 03:34:36 PM
Aang was never formally taught the other elements, like Korra has.  I think Aang had the harder journey in that regard.

Nah, when we first see Li'l Korra her reason for being so confident that she's the avatar is that she's already slinging around water, earth and fire like nobody's business.

That has no bearing on how long it took her to get in touch with her spiritual side at all, however. Korra and Aang are basically opposites: Korra's very pro-conflict and likes solving problems via force. Aang avoids conflict and prefers to just have things resolve peacefully if possible. It makes sense, then, that he more easily taps into the spiritual side of things, has mastery over the less directly combat-oriented forms of bending (air and water both came first and easiest to him as I recall) while having more difficulty with the destructive-inclined elements of earth and especially fire. Korra, on the other hand, has no problem kicking all kinds of ass with earth, water and fire, but can barely even wrap her head around the concept of avoiding confrontation or considering alternative methods of problem-solving, blocking her completely from the spiritual side of things and the whole realm of airbending due to her all-I-have-is-a-hammer mindset.

Even when, in full panic mode, she gets access to airbending it's basically just used as a substitute for fire; she doesn't show any kind of mobility-related usage for it, which is practically the main draw of that element. Likewise, her finally getting in touch with the other avatars is solely driven by, essentially, having no choice but to do so. Like Aang tells her, she's hit rock bottom at that point, the best possible state for being open to looking for answers (or something like that, I'm paraphrasing). It took her longer to reach that point than Aang, age-wise, and still required a massively life-altering event to trigger at all. I'd hardly call that epic progress.

As for the returning bending thing, that's just Avatar stuff. I don't think we ever saw Aang failing to return someone's bending, did we? Pretty sure the whole point of Avatar state is that it teaches you all the stuff the other Avatars know/can do. It's not as though Korra spontaneously invented a technique no one had before; she just tapped into the whole Avatar do-whatever-plot-dictates-you-need-to-be-able-to-do power.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Aidonsious on June 28, 2012, 02:57:41 PM

Yeah that is called energy bending... Aang was able to do it as well.  Aang's journey was more difficult than Korra's.  He had to experience so much loss in order to become who he was in the end.

I put is all in the spoiler just in case someone hasn't seen Aang's story.

Shjade

◕/◕'s

Styx26

I've got some predictions (maybe hopes?) for Book 3: Change. Korra and Asami go to the Earth Kingdom to deal with reports of chi blockers and spirits working together, though Asami is there because of her company. Mako is back at Republic City as a detective, but gets a tip about a firebender connected to the murders of his parents and Asami's mother. Bolin is now a celebrity, he could use his fame to help people dealing with the influx of spirits in the world. Really, I just want Korra and Asami to have more screen time. If all we get is subtext, then let it be subtext. :)
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!