Interest Check - Invading the Mind [UN]

Started by Wistful Dream, November 16, 2008, 09:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wistful Dream

So, a question when I applied on another site triggered this. This would be the game where I played my most memorable character, only it never got to be finished. Or really played to its full extent in my opinion because it was played on a PG 13 board for the most part. I am close friends with the creator and chatted with him to see if I could use the storyline somewhere else and since I helped with creating it and played the main character for him before he gave approval. I guess first I want to know if there is any interest.

Catherine Porter was reported missing March 4, 2008. Two months later, she was finally found in the basement of her kidnapper. Since her attacker was shackled and gagged alongside her, she was first thought to be a second victim, however she later admitted to the sexual assaults and torturing of Catherine Porter.

After another month, on April 25th, Catherine Porter was finally discharged to her home; her wounds had almost fully healed, the case of her kidnapping had closed, and her attacker was sent to the county prison. However, as she has been mentally traumatized by the event, she's been ordered to see a psychiatrist daily and a doctor weekly.

It wasn't until after her release that Catherine Porter returned to the police station and informed them that her attacker had a male accomplice in the attack, and that she's beginning to see him around her house. She's also starting to receive hallucinations and develop a case of schizophrenia. Only...what if she isn't? And what if her kidnapping was only the start....

HERE ARE THE POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
Catherine Porter (Victim): Wistful Dream
(Police Detective): [Male] Dawg
Carissa Thron(Police Detective): [Female] NPC
Aimee Beaulieu (Police Psychology Expert): anon
(Family Doctor): [Female] Asku?
Stella Duluth (Female Attacker): NPC
(Male Attacker): Aiden
Nurse (Female) : Seraph
(Victim's Best Friend): [Female] Storiwyr
(Victim's Love Interest): [Male] Will1984
(Victim's Family Members):
Stephanie Porter - Older Sister - Kylie
Needed - Brother
Parents are NPCs unless someone really wants them, youngest sister is a NPC that any of the Porter siblings can play.

*Note on the siblings. There were three in the original, and I would like to keep their basic concepts.
1. Older sister, a few years older then Catherine, was raped sometime in college, perhaps a few years back, perhaps more recently, but it affected her badly, she began to drink a lot, and now is a lesbian, although hiding it from her family. Detached and worried over her little sister, blaming herself and perhaps into drugs.
2. Brother, a year younger or two. He's very protective, and has been a bit crazed since Catherine returned home, violent at times and given to extreme emotions, is set on protecting Catherine from everyone, even as she pushes him away. Perhaps the most grounded of the siblings and upfront.
3. Younger sister, child, nine or so at most. Sweet, carefree, totally clueless of what's really going on. The baby of the family and the one everyone wants to protect. She's also someone that Catherine was extremely close to and now is adamant about making sure no "darkness" touches.

*Note. About Male Attacker : Need to have some sort of medical interest I guess, as it has to do with a plot twist that will come up later.

Note: You might also choose another role if you wish, I'd just appreciate it if you ran the idea by me first.

**Catherine is key only in people trying to figure out what's going to happen next, so in part the story focuses on her but every person in the game should have a moment that shines for them. There are a lot of twists within the original story line and I'm sure the creative people here could throw a few in as well.

****For this game I would want to set up limits per character, so each person would have a set code to what could and could not happen to their characters.

anon

- pounces -

Police psychology expert! Mweehee...finally to put what little I know of it to something else other than torturing the poor freshmeats...
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Wistful Dream

~laughs~ Nice anonkitty pie. ~goes to add you to the list~ Name?

anon

Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Wistful Dream

Pretty...I wonder, think we could lure Dawg into this?

anon

Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Wistful Dream

Wistful Dream

Well it did...just not openly. But we might have ourselves a detective now. And I added notes about the siblings.

Wistful Dream

Profile Rough

Name:

Role:

Appearance: At least a good paragraph please.

Personality : Again, at least a good paragraph, I would like more.

History: Three or so paragraphs.

Limits : Things you will not do in this game.

kylie

Contemplates possibilities :)

About what size town and school are we looking at?  Present day?

Oh, and any particular climate?  School regulations?

Wistful Dream

Probably a large size city, 90,000 or so at tops.

There would be probably two colleges at least within the city, a few high schools, but this is with Catherine as a college student.

Present day yes, or more like a few months ago or so.

And climate, think, I guess, Midwestern area, its going to be taking place in the late spring, so possible rain, not often though, days warming up now.

Wistful Dream

Name: Catherine Porter

Role: Survivor/Victim

Appearance:

Her form is willowy but there is a daintiness about her all the same, regardless of the fact that she reaches 5”5 in height she seems long legged and well proportioned. She seems to be made of contradictions but then by her very blood she is odd, although just the same as most America's with the mixed blood, however the mixture of Egyptian and Irish seems to have worked together in her favor, being born of two such different races certainly gave her interesting features, from the pale skin of the Irish to the dark hair of the Egyptian's.

She prefers to go unnoticed, not shrinking from attention in anyway, nor with her height is she easily dismissed, yet something about her countenance smooths people into thinking she is of little importance and often being looser with their tongues then they should be in her presence. Her eyes are large, almost doe like and with a petite nose it adds to the delicate charm she seems to exude from her very pores. Her body moves with a grace, not the deliberate one of a dancer, meant to draw attention to herself, but rather that of a willow tree in the wind, natural, breathless, effortless. There seemed to never been an aura of strain, worry or concern to cloud this female’s clear, and steady gaze.

Like the color of her clear eyes she prefers neutral colors and expressions, she is not one who was often roused to much emotion, and certainly never openly. She had constant composure, but it goes deeper then that, in her very soul she is not one to be open or loud about her thoughts, rather to ponder them slowly and her overly large eyes, the color a soft misty gray color that at times seem blue seem to suite her personality perfectly. Her face shape is defined but soft, there is hardly any color in her cheeks, her lips a soft shade of pink and her nose merely a slender, well formed fixture upon her face.

Her looks have altered since her experience however, her eyes are darker most of the time, shadowed depths and wary, sunken into her face, her bone structure giving her a slightly gaunt look as she is recovering. There is hardly any color to her skin, since the months of capture and then avoiding the sun after her release. Scars decorate her body at different places, one trailing up one forearm is the most noticeable, her bruises, some from deep internal bleeding at times are still slowly fading. Her eyes are now dull, flat and closed, her lips do not often stretch in a smile and she is not given to laughter.

Personality :

Catherine was always a simple, easily pleased soul, she often solved conflicts merely by being present and lending a impartial ear to the dispute before her. And yet for all the softness of her countenance and personality once her word is given upon something it is taken with earnest. She was a stead fast and loyal friend, committed and quietly passionate to all she did in her life. While she was not as open and loud as most she did have a fire within her.

One does not need to speak the loudest to be heard, she discovered this and used the knowledge often. In fact her voice is never lifted above an average level of sound and certainly never seems to express anything other then indifference but before a few. Yet her soft voice, the sound of words forming upon her lips is often enough to silence those around her and earn her their attention. She had no need to work for attention, either people are wise enough to realize what and who she is or they are not. Cat had no intention of ever working to  gain something she has no need of, each of her actions is clearly mediated through within her mind before acted upon, and even if she may seem ponderous and slow at times she provides a good juxtaposition to her older sister.

Catherine thought of herself as a balance, and in whatever situation she may have been put into she simply adapted and worked through it to the best advantage of her family. She may seem widely indifferent to all yet the truth is to a certain few she does attach herself, and she knows all at her school in passing at least and cherished by her family. She is approachable, trustable, the confider, counselor, keeping peace is just part of who she was.

Since the attack she had become withdrawn, nervous, she hardly speaks, or eats. Her time is spent in sleep or appointments with doctors. Her mind is falling apart under the constant mental attacks her memories give her. She is suffering badly from PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) and instead of taking the anti depressants and such given to her she refuses them for fear of being addicted and her new phobias of medicine and hospitals. Guilt lays in her mind, guilt and sorrow, all she wants is to be left in peace and yet for her family she goes to her doctors, refusing any real help, just wanting them to tell her family she is okay and waiting for her death to come.

History:

A perfect childhood, or something close to it. She was second born, of four children. Her parents were high school sweet hearts, always constant to each other, one of those "lucky" pairs. Her father rose through the ranks of a PR firm while her mother focused on teaching at a local elementary school, the third grade mostly. Catherine didn't have everything she wished for growing up, but then she was quiet compared to her spirited older sister and easy compared to her very active younger brother. The three of them were close though, she loved both her siblings and was glad to provide the balance between them. At school the girl never had many issues through elementary school, sweet by nature and easy to get along with she was often friends with everyone in the class. And her younger brother's penchant for sticking up for her protected her from most bullies, those that weren't under the spell her older sister cast. So she floated, or glided, through her early years, having mostly one close girl friend (name here) that she was always close to.

Middle school was interesting, she started to get involved in clubs and such, found her love for dancing and enjoyed her younger brother's antics. When she was thirteen her youngest sibling and the last of the Porter family were married. Nancy and Mike, her parents, were happy to end their family size with four children. Sadly that same year their house burned down and they ended up moving into a old Victorian and her parents loved the idea of fixing up for her high school years. Her family was always one for group activities, not that her siblings were often into them, but Catherine was always there and often invited friends over for some Sunday BBQ or other fun activity. Summer camps, dance recitals, 

Limits : My Ons and Offs, unless otherwise stated.

*In progress

kylie

So, would it be a good-sized university, then? 

Or a smaller private one?

Wistful Dream

Either or, I have not made my mind up about that for Catherine, but we could have one of each and you can simply put your character where you think best.

anon

Name: Aimee Beaulieu

Role: Police Psychology Expert

Appearance: Standing at 5'8", Aimee dress conservatively, her wardrobe consist of crisp suits and no-nonsense pumps that emphasized the slight curves of her body without drawing attention to any features. She kept her copper-red hair short, the ends of the strands curving against her chin. Her facial features were severe in default, softening only when she payed conscious attention to them. She smiled readily, but only as a mean to gain trust and confidence from her interviewees. Steel-gray eyes observant over dark-wired glasses, her expression was that of general polite interest, a mask that she had long perfected by the virtue of her occupation.

Personality: Aimee kept her thoughts to herself, more interested in the thoughts of others. She hardly ever raised her voice unless necessary, and even then, only to garner the attention needed, which amidst the chaos of the police station, was somewhat of a regular occurrence. She exuded a sense of quiet confidence in her demeanor, her expression betraying none of her thoughts as she worked. Aimee had a clear boundary between that of work and leisure.

Those that met her while she was in her work-mode would see her as an ice queen, aloof and not exactly the person to go to to talk about who's bringing what to the Christmas party. Meeting her in a more social situation, however, would prove to be a different experience to a new acquaintance. Outside of her work, her transformation was instantaneous. Though she remained tight-lipped about things of personal nature to her, she wasn't above knocking back a few drinks to relieve the stress of the day.

History: Aimee Beaulieu grew up playing counselor to her family members and friends, developing a patient ear even before she had figured out exactly what she wanted. The eldest in a family of three, Aimee learned to assume responsibilities from a young age, as both her parents were workaholics of sorts, supplementing what affections and time that they couldn't spare for their children with material replacements.

College was difficult for her, having been her siblings' surrogate parents or the better part of their lives. It was there, though, that she first developed her love affair with that of clinical psychology. Her internship with a local psychologist, however, was interrupted by a tragedy in the family, sparking her interest in that of forensic psychology and criminal profiling, both of which she developed an intense passion for.

Limits: Ons/Offs.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Wistful Dream

anon

Ons/Offs ~ Absences

kylie

Name: Stephanie Porter

Role: Catherine's older sister

Appearance:

In some ways, Stephanie is the opposite of Catherine. She is short, just over 5'3 and the family's Mediterranean ancestry has lent her skin bits of olive on a light caramel hue.  She is also more buxom. In her most social days and before the string of man problems, Stephanie used to joke that she had the "better genes" among the family girls. 

She has a sharpish bone structure, with a long winding jawline and a slightly nobby chin and nose.  Her wide, dark brown eyes and full lips balance the contrast between her full torso and sharp-angled limbs.  Only her curly brown hair with hints of auburn saves her from standing out a great distance; she usually wears it down at her shoulders in a perm that waves up the tiers of existing curls.  She has been known to occasionally add some red or black dye for an event or simple variety.

Stephanie has passed through phases in the finer points of her presentation.  Originally, she tended to be somewhat stiff and come off more as a face in the crowd, a little like Catherine usually.  She has decided that this was a form of modest bearing they both adopted mainly from their mother's postures. There was a more experimental, wild phase after the breakup with her boyfriend.  During that time, she seemed to add bits of purposeful tease and sashay, and her color schemes brightened with sequins and flashy colors.  Now, Stephanie has taken on a somewhat more businesslike, quasi-European flair with more functional cut outfits, rich and feminine but in more subdued tones.  Some of the few friends remaining from her club days refer to her new look rather condescendingly as the "ivory tower avante-garde." 

Personality :

Stephanie has always been fascinated with trust and beauty in people and how temporary those can be.  Yet, she never really felt those as a personal matter - until recently.  She has always been by turns lightly flattering and carefully honest, but the events of the last few years have raised her old concern with openness and honesty to new proportions. Ironically, they have made her much more cautious about being either.  It is more difficult for her to find a voice in conversations about personality now, and she tends to hold back or say things that are simply convenient or harmlessly pleasant.  At times, she throws dark looks that make people wonder... The questions are always dismissed with simple excuses; distractions just seem more important.

During the last couple years, she has found that her new style appeals to some women and has chosen to pursue women since they seem more trustworthy.  She enjoys the opportunity to take on some power in these relationships.  Often but not always, she is regarded as a fair top for her dark looks, clipped sweet remarks and style of urban professional distance.  In any event, most of these partners have remained at the clubs or lasted only a couple months. She is mixed about being with them, often concerned that her family might find out, and sometimes falls into situations where they fail to be honorable enough.  Some simply probe her past too hard.  All the same, she continues to keep her appearance and expressions on the lesbian side of cool beauty, and where possible too firm or haughty for the men.

Stephanie has a taste for art in fine details, both in her work and generally. She collects handmade cards by several other artists, doilies, and woodcarvings. She has made a habit since childhood of adding little tricks and flourishes to some of her daily motions.  Although she has suppressed most if it, it still slips through on occasion. Many of the jokes she used to enjoy have since turned dark, but it is hard for her to get them out of her mind. Some of her friends have wondered just how far they should twist her arm, and if she isn't quietly dying to join some huge practical joke.  The busy, gregarious ones have mostly given up, but the more relaxed and deliberate ones are still trying to catch up with where her life is going.   

History:

As long as anyone can remember (until recently), Stephanie has been happily sociable, a little mischievious, booksmart, and headstrong. She would not usually take on the drama of being best in the class at anything, although she had the ability to compete for that.  Her parents occasionally felt frustrated that she didn't seem to want to do more than what came naturally - but they could not complain too loudly when good grades, friends and activities seemed to surround her. Stephanie has always done quite well and never seemed to have to struggle very much for it.  Besides, there was no stopping her from going on in her way.

Everything seemed perfect when she met Pierre during her senior year of college.  He was well-off, self-contained in his work, had a deep sense of humor and seemed just rougish enough.  She had actually considered becoming a housewife, a simpler life where she might have plenty of time for him, her friends and her art. Even her so-traditional parents would have been completely satisfied: it would have been a miracle.  She could not see that his rogue qualities were only the tip of the iceberg, and that he was biding his time until she trusted, until he could take advantage and thoroughly abuse her.  It was terrible and completely shattering.  He told her she wouldn't dare tell anyone, and he was right. 

Soon after, Stephanie moved across the city.  She left behind her parents' constant questions about the relationship and her old routines that he knew so well.  She shows up less frequently at the family functions where she used to always at least pop in for a bite and a laugh, albeit on her way to meet her own friends.  Alcohol and long weekends staring at the cityscape with her sketchpad are still the consolations of choice. 

Stephanie had majored in education and minored in art.  She had once planned to teach high school, but discarded that after "the incident," as she dubs it now.  She teaches ESL classes part-time with Asian students.  She regards them as better behaved - especially, nicer to teachers than fathers she just might hear from at the high school.  She produces handmade cards and sketches, placing a few in small art galleries.  Lately, she has gathered courage to return to the campus, adding a class in hair care and working at the salon.  Some of her lesbian friends told her they go there for an inexpensive do.  While working there, she occasionally scores a new fling.

The situation with Catherine has tossed her life around once more. She speaks less to everyone, but drifts back home more often to see her little sister.  Something tells her the family should come together over this, but she doesn't see exactly how yet.  She makes feeble gestures, trying to tutor her little sister in schoolwork - but more so, quietly, in people. It is still shocking that this happened: the wrong club, the wrong time and she hadn't realized anything until afterward.  She tries to listen, to be there, but doesn't really know what to do.  It does seem odd that Catherine would claim to see someone in the house, difficult to believe, but she worries that there might still be a man out there...

Limits :

A little blood is okay; some will fade to black and may leave a few marks; a lot is not okay.

Violent struggle scenes: It really depends how they are done. If they aren't appealing to me, I'll ask to make some excuse and/or fade out after a couple posts.

X-rated genital stuff will generally fade to black after around 1-3 posts. You can have "this sort of thing happened" in the story with appropriate build-up/PM, but I don't find the graphics so very interesting by themselves.  Now, if you're really going to accomplish something else during that and give me something more to talk about, make your case :) 

I'm more open to non-consensual bondage and control scenes that are not so vanilla though somewhat genital-oriented, but please ask.

If you think it's really weird or extreme, just ask.  It may help to give me some idea how it could fit with everything else, too.

Wistful Dream

kylie

Whee.   :)

So, we've filled about half the cast, yes? 

Now that I look again, this is kind of big.  I don't suppose doubling up would be good for information flow...  *ponders mildly

Where are the attacker sorts?

Wistful Dream

Well I might make more characters NPCs now that I think about it. ~ponders~ I do want to get a few more guys though.

Wistful Dream

We have our male attacker and I made two characters NPC's so that the plot twists can be handled easier by me.

Wistful Dream

Okay well other then the brother and then  perhaps another detective and the female attack who are both NPC's for now, we are full up. Once we get all the profiles up I'll start the game.

Aiden

(Couldn't resist using my favorite Dr...  ;D )

Name: Abel Elmal

Role:Male Attacker

Appearance: Abel keeps his hair short and styled, his face clean shaved at all times but normally has a shadow before the end of the day.
His hair recently dyed black, to allow his green eyes to stick out. He is well toned and built for his age, his 6'0 tall body completing his overall look. (See attached pic)

Personality :Abel is a very self driven and determined individual, stopping at nothing to get what he wants. His is also very single track minded, focusing on one thing at a time and never the one to grasp the concept of the "whole" issue or problem at hand. He is Bi-Polar and refuses to take any drugs to control him, something triggering him to change and turn around in a heartbeat. He can go from a calm and caring person into a raging storm of violence and intimidation. He keeps to himself most of the time, but does venture out to socialize if there is something to gain from the endeavor.

A closed sadist with no remorse to his victims or anyone else he affects. Can be brutally honest and forward of his intentions but knows how to prevent himself from becoming exposed or raise suspicions. His work is to valuable to risk getting caught and sentenced for his extreme measures and brutality.

History: Three or so paragraphs.

Limits : Anything involving another male or the normal "no" of E. 

IN works, will have it up asap- Stilling working on it!

Wistful Dream