(WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?

Started by LunarSage, July 04, 2011, 07:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

They'll never release Pandarens as a playable race, because it means an entire game they can't sell to the China market (Chinese law forbids pandas or panda-likenesses depicted involved in violence). China's just too big of a sales pool to give up for the sake of lore.

Callie Del Noire

Well they could do what they do to the undead and reskin them. I want mah drunk panda death knight!

Aiden

I would rather see Slyvanus redeemed then become a villain, Blizzard loves redemption.

I don't think Blizzard gives a crap on China's standing, this game can be controversial depending on how you spin something.  Panderia was a joke concept that grew like crazy, I still hope one day they will bring them in but they would not side with one faction over the other so this game does need a neutral faction.

meikle

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 01, 2011, 11:03:18 PM
They'll never release Pandarens as a playable race, because it means an entire game they can't sell to the China market (Chinese law forbids pandas or panda-likenesses depicted involved in violence). China's just too big of a sales pool to give up for the sake of lore.

Nobody seems to have stopped WarCraft 3 from being played in China.
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Fieryone

Ya know, I'm curious. How many of you play on Moon Guard and roleplay? If you do, where do you usually hang out?

I only ask because I play on Moon Guard as a B. Elf Mage named Nelloran, usually at Silvermoon when I'm not leveling him. I would love to play with you guys.

Fieryone

It's just a server, and yes I do know its reputation, I see no reason to not admit I play on it. I have played with plenty of fine people on the server.

And on the subject of Slyvanis I have to agree, I don't see anyway you can make her redeemable, especially after playing through the Worgen Starting Zone where she pretty much goes behind Garrosh's back to use the Plague to convert all of Gilneas into more Forsaken soldiers. I wouldn't mind seeing her be the big bad of the next expansion or of some large in game event.

Anjasa

Quote from: Fieryone on August 02, 2011, 05:30:17 PM
Ya know, I'm curious. How many of you play on Moon Guard and roleplay? If you do, where do you usually hang out?

I only ask because I play on Moon Guard as a B. Elf Mage named Nelloran, usually at Silvermoon when I'm not leveling him. I would love to play with you guys.

I used to lead the Burning Tusk Tribe on Moon Guard until we quit in May :) There's a lot of amazing people on that server. The reputation is highly undeserved and mostly fueled by trolls, many of whom are from other servers.

I was Anjasa / Idryl / Teeva over there. Anjasa used to always be around Silvermoon.

Fieryone

Ahh I see Anjasa, thats sad your guild shut down, what was your guild about if I may ask?

Anjasa

Oh the guild is still there :D We handed control over to one of our members. It's a heavy RP guild.

www.burningtusktribe.com if you were interested :) Westly is the leader now, and there's a lot of really amazing people in the guild. I think they still do Thursday taverns at World's End in Shattrath at 9:30pm which is an open RP event, and they host tons of other events as well. Feel free to ask any of them about upcoming open RP events if you want :D

Fieryone

Ahh, I must have misread that my bad. Did you transfer your character off Moon Guard then? I'll also have to go check that out then! Sounds like it'd be fun.

Anjasa

I quit WoW, actually, after playing for 5+ years. It just wasn't holding my attention any more, but I do miss the random Silvermoon roleplay. Most of the people I had the pleasure of roleplaying with on Moon Guard over the years were absolutely wonderful, in character and out.

TheGlyphstone

Fieryone

I think you mean Goldshire, because honestly I haven't seen that outside of the obvious trolls.

@Anjasa: Ahh yeah that's understandable, I got back into it this year after playing Vanilla way back when it was a long hard grind.

Aiden

Quote from: KaylaM on August 02, 2011, 05:50:31 PM
Never, ever admit to playing on Moon Guard. Its like admitting that you have sex with giraffes.

I don't see how you could pull off a "Redeption" for Sylvie W. She's unambigiously evil, commiting genocide and atrocities in the name of increasing her own personal power. The text deliberately draws compariosns between her and Arthas, pointing out that she's doing the same things as he did.

Sara Kerrigan

Silverfyre

Quote from: Anjasa on August 02, 2011, 06:21:29 PM
I quit WoW, actually, after playing for 5+ years. It just wasn't holding my attention any more, but I do miss the random Silvermoon roleplay. Most of the people I had the pleasure of roleplaying with on Moon Guard over the years were absolutely wonderful, in character and out.

You were on MG?  So was I.  It was enjoyable for a long while until the guild I was a part of basically fell apart and the three year+ story arc we had been working failed.  Sad times.

Krysia

Well I started out as an Alliance player and I ended up not liking it. Hordies were jerks to us and of course the server I started on (Dark Iron) was a PVE server. I hated the fact that when I was just doing quest I'd get ganked for no other reason then being an Alliance character. On top of that I think the Alliance races look retarded save for the Worgen and Draenei. The night elves to me look as if they were put together in a puppet factory, humans looked retarded and well all around ghetto in my eyes. Gnomes... nuff said. Dwarves well I didn't mind them actually, it was the first game I had played with them where their females didn't look like 12 year old pedo bait (Forsaken World & Lineage 2). The only Alliance race I actually enjoyed was the Draenei pre-cata, to me they had the most believable body structure in the game at the time, but my first love when I got BC was the blood elves. I had one on Dark Iron I got up to 30 soloing.

I soon moved over to my home realm of Malfurion after that. I had family on there who helped me get going with some gold. I made a hunter to mess around with that ended up making it to 85 after several skill tree fixes. I fell in love with the stories on the horde side and just well their we're not pansies attitude. I hated hearing "For the Light" "Light bless you.." I was definitely more happy hearing "BLOOD AND THUNDER!" "FOR THE HORDE!" I forced myself to play every race in the game at least to level 20 and find it hard to play an undead period. Where as the new story is awesome I just can't do it.

After Cata dropped a group of friends and I made a worgen raid party. We were doing awesome and got up to level 60 with them. 2 of the members were hard core alliance people and well due to the age old fight our raid group kind of just vanished. So I started my own guild on Malfurion and have a 3 man dungeon team with my Tauren Paladin in the lead. I love the horde because it just fits my personality better. I hate the alliance because their pansies who prance around with rainbows and glitter. Just my opinion though.

Anjasa

Quote from: Silverfyre on August 02, 2011, 07:12:15 PM
You were on MG?  So was I.  It was enjoyable for a long while until the guild I was a part of basically fell apart and the three year+ story arc we had been working failed.  Sad times.

What guild was that?

Aiden

Silverfyre

Quote from: Anjasa on August 02, 2011, 07:23:53 PM
What guild was that?

House Dawnhaven which became just Dawnhaven.  I used to be a part of the Burning Tusk Tribe (more commonly known as BTT) and Couriers of Compassion.

Saerrael

Quote from: Krysia on August 02, 2011, 07:19:51 PM
Well I started out as an Alliance player and I ended up not liking it. Hordies were jerks to us and of course the server I started on (Dark Iron) was a PVE server. I hated the fact that when I was just doing quest I'd get ganked for no other reason then being an Alliance character. On top of that I think the Alliance races look retarded save for the Worgen and Draenei. The night elves to me look as if they were put together in a puppet factory, humans looked retarded and well all around ghetto in my eyes. Gnomes... nuff said. Dwarves well I didn't mind them actually, it was the first game I had played with them where their females didn't look like 12 year old pedo bait (Forsaken World & Lineage 2). The only Alliance race I actually enjoyed was the Draenei pre-cata, to me they had the most believable body structure in the game at the time, but my first love when I got BC was the blood elves. I had one on Dark Iron I got up to 30 soloing.

I soon moved over to my home realm of Malfurion after that. I had family on there who helped me get going with some gold. I made a hunter to mess around with that ended up making it to 85 after several skill tree fixes. I fell in love with the stories on the horde side and just well their we're not pansies attitude. I hated hearing "For the Light" "Light bless you.." I was definitely more happy hearing "BLOOD AND THUNDER!" "FOR THE HORDE!" I forced myself to play every race in the game at least to level 20 and find it hard to play an undead period. Where as the new story is awesome I just can't do it.

After Cata dropped a group of friends and I made a worgen raid party. We were doing awesome and got up to level 60 with them. 2 of the members were hard core alliance people and well due to the age old fight our raid group kind of just vanished. So I started my own guild on Malfurion and have a 3 man dungeon team with my Tauren Paladin in the lead. I love the horde because it just fits my personality better. I hate the alliance because their pansies who prance around with rainbows and glitter. Just my opinion though.

*waves a little Horde flag* For the Horde, damn it!

Anjasa

Quote from: Silverfyre on August 02, 2011, 07:27:19 PM
House Dawnhaven which became just Dawnhaven.  I used to be a part of the Burning Tusk Tribe (more commonly known as BTT) and Couriers of Compassion.

Aww, who were you in the Tribe? :o

Silverfyre

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Krysia on August 02, 2011, 07:19:51 PM

Hey, Malfurion was my home realm back when I was playing!

Anjasa

Quote from: Silverfyre on August 02, 2011, 07:37:42 PM
Zarijin.  I wasn't there too long though.

Ah, wow, that was way back then! 2008!

I was the guild leader of BTT with Jumwa :>

Silverfyre

Wait, really? You played his blood elf lover or something in that vein? Was the name the same as your E handle, because it does look really familiar.