Need - A Story of Supernatural Lust (Signups closed)

Started by MaxAstro, July 08, 2012, 12:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxAstro

~whew~  Okay.  So the whole reason I joined Elliquiy was out of a hope that there would be some interest in this RP idea.  So I'm not nervous at all or anything.  ;)  Anyway, here goes:

Not too terribly long ago a friend of mine developed a homebrew roleplaying game.  Upon playtesting it I realized that with a couple tweaks it would make a very fun erotic roleplaying game.  Mechanically, the game is definitely on the rules-lite, story-heavy side of things, like say Risus or Ars Magica.  I'm not going to say much about how the mechanics work, however, because one aspect of the game is that discovering the mechanics is part of the fun.  :)  Here is the story pitch:

In a sleepy midwestern high school, a small group of students make a bargain with a mysterious entity that promises them power beyond their wildest dreams... but also threatens to turn them into lust-crazed monsters!  As temptation to use their new-found abilities mounts, will they hang on to the shreds of their humanity?  Or will they drown their school in a rising tide of sin?

If this sounds interesting to you (and a quick perusal of my Ons and Offs, linked in my signature, doesn't send you running for the hills), here is what I need from potential players:

Firstly, I am looking for a small group of say three to five people.  As this is my first time running the system, I don't think I can handle a larger group.  Conversely, the system is heavily built around player interaction and wouldn't work well with only one or two players.  The biggest thing I am looking for in a player is a well-developed character.  As a very RP/story heavy system, this game absolutely demands three dimensional characters with realistic hopes, dreams, morals, desires, etc.  This is also a system in which more aspects of the world than you may be used to are under PC control.  You will get to, at least to some extent, create NPCs, define the overarching plot, etc.  Again, kinda like Ars Magica in that regard.

Also: While there will definitely be graphic erotic content, it will not be gratuitous.  If you are looking for plotless smut, look elsewhere.

As you may have gathered from the pitch, your character is a student at this high school (which has no name yet but I'm accepting votes :P ).  Any modern-day high school student character is acceptable (as long as they are old enough to meet the rules of the site).  The only restriction is that your character has no firsthand knowledge of the supernatural.  If you want to play a character who believes in ghosts or has a friend who claims she was attacked by a vampire, that's fine.  It'll actually probably make things very interesting.  But your character has not yet encountered hard evidence of anything supernatural.

If you remain interested after all of that, please reply here or PM me with a short blurb (much like the story pitch above) describing your character.  Don't worry about the mechanics right now - you'll find that any character concept can easily be defined in the game mechanics.  Just give me the fluff.  :)
My Ons and Offs

"Didn't I tell you to go somewhere safe?!"

"I did.  Right next to you is the safest place there is!"

"Oh.  Right."

Muse

Good morning Max and welcome to E. 

I'm getting a bit tight in my game line ups these days, but I'm really interested in this.  How would you like to pace the game? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

MaxAstro

Honestly it's likely to be somewhat slow-paced.  My free time is very spotty as-is; usually my availability consists of a couple hours most mornings and a couple hours some evenings.
My Ons and Offs

"Oh.  Right."

Muse

*Smiles*  Well that's perfect for me. 

Count me in.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AribethAmkiir

MaxAstro

Well, then give me character pitches.  :p  Just some basic info on your character ideas so I know what to expect.
My Ons and Offs

"Oh.  Right."

Muse

Will there be much non-con fun in this story? 

<--is trying to decide what gender to propose. 

MaxAstro

This is a story of lust and temptation.  There will definitely be non-con.  Most of it is likely to be perpetrated by the PCs.  Some of it is likely to be non-consensual non-con, if that makes any sense.  :)

Also: So far I have two interested people who PMed me and both are playing female characters, if that makes any difference in your choice.
My Ons and Offs

"Oh.  Right."

MaxAstro

I'm gonna be taking people on a first-come, first serve basis.  The first four or five people to give me character ideas that I like are going to be my PCs.  I'm leaning towards 4 players, but I will take 5 if I get five really awesome characters.  As I mentioned above, two players are confirmed already (Ixy, BellaVita, if you are reading this thread don't forget I need character sheets from you!  :p ).

Once I get character blurbs from people, I will send them the character creation rules.  Once I have finished characters from everyone, we'll start the game.  Simple as that.  :)
My Ons and Offs

"Oh.  Right."

MaxAstro

Status update: I am back from vacation and will be available regularly again.

People who have sent me character ideas:
Ixy
BellaVita
PrestaDGTation

People who have expressed interest:
Muse
AribethAmkiir

Once I get a fourth character idea I will probably close signups (unless I get two characters at the same time in which case I'll probably take both in fairness' sake).  Once I've got at least four characters and at least three character sheets I'll start the game.

Oh, and people who have the character creation rules already: Don't over-think the questions!  Quick, first-thing-that-comes-to-mind answers are usually the best answers.  :-)
My Ons and Offs

"Oh.  Right."

Thrasius

Interested! Do you mind if I join back in?

MaxAstro

Status Update!  Okay, some things have shifted around with the character roster...

People who have a character sheet:
PrestaDGTation

People currently creating a character:
BellaVita

People who have expressed interest:
Muse
Thrasius

As soon as BellaVita finishes her character I'll start an OOC thread and start putting up character sheets and game information there.  Once we have, at the minimum, three finished characters and a fourth character in the works I'll start the game.

EDIT: Thrasius, your habit of deleting your older posts makes parts of this thread seem odd if you go back and reread them.  xD
My Ons and Offs

"Oh.  Right."

PennyNarrows

Interested!

Thinking about being a bit a nerdy/gothicy girl with pigtails and stripy tights?

MaxAstro

Sounds like fun.  Do you want me to send you the character creation rules now, or wait for you to come up with more details?
My Ons and Offs

"Oh.  Right."

PennyNarrows

You can send them now if ya like! I am willing and eager. ;)

MaxAstro

Status update!

People who have a character sheet:
PrestaDGTation
BellaVita

People currently creating a character:
PennyNarrows

People who need to send me a character concept:
Muse
Thrasius

Since I've got a couple finished characters I'm gonna start an OOC thread; I'll link it from this post once it's up.

EDIT: Here it is!
My Ons and Offs

"Oh.  Right."

Panduhmoanium

Is there any chance on getting in on this RP?

MaxAstro

Well, I am still waiting to hear back from at least one person and I am willing to risk overbooking to five people...  So sure, shoot me a character idea.  :)
My Ons and Offs

"Oh.  Right."

MaxAstro

Alright, signups are officially closed as I've got four completed characters and am about ready to start.  Those who have characters, please direct your attention to the OOC thread (linked above) for what I need from you to be able to start.

Also!  PennyNarrows: You are still welcome if you still want to join, I don't mind running with a fifth person.  Just shoot me a PM.
My Ons and Offs

"Oh.  Right."