Halfs And Wholes [byShia&National Acrobat, idea by Shia,with summary, COMPLETED]

Started by Shia, February 24, 2010, 09:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shia

Around an hour later her head moved slightly and she licked her lips, gathering strength to speak, returning slowly into reality, surely from a better place as her expression mirrored a sort of disappointment.
"Mimi...? May I get something to drink?..." She asked quietly, still sleepy but counting on the nurse's reassuring presence... which was actually replaced by Cody's now.
On the nicely carved wooden table close to her bed there was a cup of mild tea with a straw in it, waiting for further use.
Flowers in her shiny hair, a snow-white nightgown peeking out from under the blanket... Imma looked like she was the lost princess of this place, held in captivity, cursed to stay motionless, but her master invisible, called loneliness, called sickness. Hope seemed to leave her quite long ago...

National Acrobat

Quietly, he got up and moved over to get the drink for her, and held it in his hands. He moved over towards her, intending to place the straw where she would be expecting it. He didn't say anything just yet, not wanting her to avoid drinking. He knew full well that fluids were important, especially when convalescing in a bed. She could hear him move, that would tell her that her request had been heard, and hopefully, she would drink. He was also afraid of what her reaction would be.

Shia

Taking the straw into her mouth slowly Imma soothe her thirst then just relaxed against the comfortable bed that was in a half-sitting position now that late afternoon wrapped the rooms into soft, golden lights.
"I was dreaming... Again with him... We've been.. so, so happy... And it seemed.. that will never end... Do you know this sort of love? When you.. know for sure that he is.. the one?..."
She tilted her face back, towards the warm presence on her left - something started to feel strange for her, definitely...

National Acrobat

He smiled.

'Yes, I know that kind of love' he said softly to her. 'It is what keeps me going, even in the darkest days' he added.

Shia

Imma turned her head away from him, gasping without a sound, silent 'no'-s forming on her sweet lips - where could she escape? There was no further way to slip away from him, the land ended here and all that began in front of her was empty space, nothing, edge of the rock.
Then crying shook her. "Please!..." She trembled. "Go away! You're not real! You can't be!"
Her firm voice was to the demon that was circling around her like a winking cat, because Cody... he couldn't be real, that was impossible!

National Acrobat

It was the reaction he was expecting. She had wanted him to go away forever, which hurt. It hurt badly. He didn't flinch though. He loved her, he was real, and he wasn't going to let this happen to her. She couldn't shut herself away forever.

He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. 'Imma, it is me. It's not a dream. I am here, here for you. Here for us' he said to her. 'Millions of miles of space couldn't keep me from you, and you know that, deep down inside' he said, his voice warm and gentle. 'I am here, and will be. Unless you want me to turn around and leave forever. If that's your wish, then I will, as much as it will pain me to do so' he said.

Shia

Slowly she rubbed her cheek against this half dream-half real hand.
"What.. what do you want from me.. like this?? I don't even know how you look at me, Rich..."
She muttered quietly with a full nose, this very earthly need only adding to her miseries.
"Isabelle is naive.. And believes too much in romanticism.. Even without a husband..."
Imma still wasn't fully aware of his real-ness, only rested her weary thoughts against his skin, talking to a ghost. Perhaps she was enjoying the sweet numbness of some antidoloricum.

National Acrobat

That stung. Had she forgotten what he said not so long ago?

'What I want is you, Imma. Do you not recall me telling you that to me, you were beautiful, smart, witty, charming and full of love to give, no matter what? Have my words disappeared from your mind so quickly? You know that to me, you are beautiful. I stand by that, as I stand here, now, by your side. Isabelle is not naive. Isabelle knows how much I love you, and how much you mean to me. My very soul felt like it was ripped out when you stopped communicating, and when I found out you had left without a word, my whole world seemed to crumble' he said, his voice trembling with emotion.

'I never wanted you to leave' he said.

Shia

"Kiss me..." She turns back to him with a bittersweet smile, more calmed or just more numb, her confusion must be over the bearable and this makes her soul so distant, so fragmented, like it was only a dozen of pearls rolling on his palm, here and there.
"Kiss me first.. then lift up the covers. Please..." Imma's voice trails off as her lips are waiting eagerly for his, like it was the very first or the very last time and they were the only two left standing in the collapse of thew world as we know it.

National Acrobat

It was as if the flood gates opened. He leaned down, his hand on her shoulder, and kissed her lips. It was sweet bliss for him, just as it was the first time they had kissed. It was a sweet, gentle, caring kiss that turned into something more not long after it started. His heart was pounding in his chest.

He kissed her again, this time with even more fervor and meaning,  and then lifted the covers as she had asked.

Shia

Imma was pregnant.
This could be clear for his physician-eyes immediately. She just smiled and tilted her head to its side, close to him, speaking really softly.
"Meet our daughter. She's fighting too, to stay with me. With us... Fourth month, in the middle of it. One more and I can let go the largest part of my worries.. That I might loose Her..."
The words felt like tender little caresses around her growing belly which she couldn't do any other way.
"They wanted to take Her away from me.. Speaking about my health and my so called 'condition'.. But I so so wanted Her. More than any other dream in my whole life! Your child, Rich.. Our child.. Just think about it..."
She kissed the side of his face solacingly, invisible tears rolling down on her face, making her sniffle with no limbs to ease her needs.
"But this might takes my life, that's the story..... And that I need a handkerchief. Also two hands would be useful." She tried to make all this a little lighter for him, as the most wonderful news of her life probably was the worst of Cody's.

National Acrobat

If he was surprised before, he was very surprised before, and if she thought that he'd be upset, she was wrong. His hand went to her stomach, to touch it tentatively, to caress it where their child was growing.

'Oh, Imma' he said, leaning down to kiss her stomach. 'I, wow, that's amazing. We'll be fine, you'll be fine, we'll all be fine. Me, a dad, wow!' he said. He knew that she was worried about her own health. 'We'll be alright. We will make sure that we're all here, to be a family' he said to her, getting a tissue for her and wiping her face. He leaned down and kissed her, and laid his head against her stomach.

Shia

"Never say never..." The young mother giggled, at last!, still so moved in her heart, as she kept on smiling to the blessed little hill of her body and to the man she loved more than her own life, just like wrapping her arms around them, The Two.
"Doctors said we made a miracle, Rich.. It seems our love doesn't know obstacles. Quite literally."
And just as Imma finished the sentence... Somebody kicked into Cody's cheek gently, just like returning his great love already, in a very special way.
"Ahh!.. You've felt it??"   

National Acrobat

That sound of her giggle warmed his heart, and was a joy to hear. It was a good sign, and no doubt, the first time she'd giggled in awhile.

'It's wonderful. I would have never dreamed it possible, but to have a child with you, it's amazing' he said, and he felt the little kick. 'Ooh, spirited and determined, just like her mother' he said, his hand caressing her belly.

Shia

"All right, 'kids', time for the afternoon walk..." Isabelle entered quietly, pushing a wheelchair in front of her that had the same water-lining as the bed, not to put pressure on the carefully bandaged and strengthened body.
"Do I really have to?..." Imma turned to her sister and gave her a grimacing little smile, like she was a five year old girl, forced to eat dinner - though she knew these short excursions along the shore two times a day saved her spirit and filled her lungs with the most healthy air.
"Well..." The elder sister caressed her hair, planting a kiss on the smooth forehead. "Cody can do it. Perhaps he can make it.. more 'interesting' for you...?" The woman gave the doctor a pander wink.
"Congratulations to your child, by the way." She squeezed his shoulder. "So many news in one day..."

National Acrobat

'Walk, on the shore? Absolutely. I think that would be splendid' he said to the pair of them. 'I'd be delighted to' he said, taking the wheelchair. 'Is there anything I should bring? A drink, blanket to sit on?' he said. He stepped closer to Imma. He grinned at Isabelle. 'Thank you. It's good news' he said. 'Alright, let me help you into the wheelchair' he said to Imma, preparing to take her on the walk.

Shia

When they stayed alone and he lifted her in his arms carefully, her light and yet growing weight their hearts were beating so close to each other again, and also the Third Ones'.
"Rich.. If I die.. Promise me you'll raise our child without anger..."
Her face that still looked beautiful, despite of the linen bandage was still now, like the infinite water itself.
"I need to know this.. I only need this..."

National Acrobat

He held her gently in his arms, drawing strength and warmth from her. He kissed her cheek, then her neck.

'Of course I would. There would be no anger. Sadness, yes, which would be inevitable, but anger, no Imma. No anger' he said to her. 'I would raise her to be strong like her mother' he said, holding her a bit longer, before setting her in the chair. 'Now, let us be off to the shore. I hear the waves, and they are calling us to come listen to them' he said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Shia

As he entered their quarters in the evening, a much bigger one they got after they both became Doctor Richardsons, the full laughter of Doc welcomed Cody from the living room where Imma spent her days, resting on the large sofa as she was practically unable to move from her belly by the middle of the ninth month.
"Honey, is that you?" She rose her voice only to hear him reply, her need to feel her husband close grew extremely intense now that the moment of her delivery could find her any time.
Her voice was cheerful too, it was a blessing Keller spent as much of his time here with her as he could while the proud soon-to-be-father was working in the daytime to keep his little family safe and to spare some money - it's gonna have a good place to go when their daughter arrives. Also to make himself busy, not to go nuts from the restless waiting. The stake was his love's life...

National Acrobat

'Yes dear. Another long day of work behind me, now I am home to relax with my lovely wife, and her lovely belly' he said to her, setting his lab coat aside, and moving over to give her a kiss. 'How has the day been? Anything that you need me to do for you before I plop down right here next to you?' he said, laughing. He knew once he sat down with her, it might be pretty hard to get up after spending all day on his feet.

Shia

"Just stay here, son, I'll prepare some fine dinner for you three." The elderly man winked at Cody and patting the young woman's shoulder he left for the kitchen with a happy whistling.
They had nothing to worry about until Doc's wise eyes were at them, and Imma got her ones too, at least those the wonders of plastic surgery could create for her, giving her back some of her lost beauty: they were sea-blue just like those she lost. And to complete the effect there was a beautiful mandala painted on her bare belly, smiling with vivid colours and ancient shapes to give protection to their little girl, also for the mother.
"Yes, yes, just rest here together with us, you deserve it, and please tell me fresh news from the hospital. Gossips too, I need those!" She giggled, her cheeks full and healthy, perfectly ready to give life... at least on the outside.
Isabelle was soon to be arrive too to stay together with them and also their favourite petite-polite nurse was around, later to stay as a babysitter, almost as happy as she was waiting for her own grandchild to be born.
Imma's days weren't boring anymore with Doc's company and the job she took as an pediatric expert for a magazine, answering hundreds of letters written by worried parents from every corner of the Earth, where later they planned to settle down in the old Simmons House.

National Acrobat

'Thanks Doc' he said to Doctor Keller, and he sat down next to his wife, and smiled. 'A long day indeed. You wouldn't believe the gossip between the nurses' he said, rolling his eyes. 'It's like a soap opera, all the complications of their lives' he said, laughing, and he filled her in on all the gossip and news of the day, not leaving any of the details out. He rubbed her belly a few times, and kissed it, and when no one was looking kissed her neck and ear as well. Even though she was pregnant, his desire for her had never waned and he was a very affectionate husband.

Shia

In the middle of the night Imma was still lying awake on the large double bed - a new and worthy symbol of their life together as husband and wife, a soft and comfortable island where they were often daydreaming about their future, and especially: about the baby's.
Her instinct whispered to her that he wasn't asleep either and so she turned to him, rubbing her cheek against his bare shoulder.
"We should decide about the name at last.. It's getting closer and closer..."
Her large belly was always at the wrong place by now, pressure on her spine made it hard for her to find the right position to rest and so she almost always ended up like this, contemplating instead of sleeping together with Cody.

National Acrobat

'Hmm, how about Imma?' he said, smiling. She looked so lovely in the glow of the night light. 'I think that your name would be very nice for our daughter' he said to her. 'I could have two Imma's in my life' he said, grinning. He rubbed her belly gently, Imma had such a lovely glow in her pregnancy. It was such a beautiful sight to behold.

Shia

She treasured every time when her husband or another family member -including Mimi- borrowed their arms to her so that the Baby could enjoy some pampering even before her birth - which She almost always returned in her own, boxing style way, especially by now.
"How about.. some sort of mixture of our names?.. Like.. Corinna?, for example..." She smiled playfully to him, kissing his lips lightly. "That way She would literally be the fruit of our love."
This was so good, the closeness, the warmth, those teasing little sparkles still in the air between them, belly or not belly.