Botlane's Search (Mainly look for male characters, MxF but open to multiple)

Started by Botlanebaby, May 09, 2018, 02:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Botlanebaby

Thanks for stopping in to take a look! I've been doing this for 10+ years now despite only being here for a short time. At this point I know what I like and what I don't so please read things over to clarify any questions you might have prior to messaging me.

10/13: Got a few plots I've been itching to revive, they've been added to my cravings list!

Frequently Asked:
-I usually main as a female character, I can use all genders for side characters, I am fine playing as multiple characters if needed. Looking for a MxF pairing for my main character, maybe even FxF if you come at me with an irresistible story starter.  Trying out a love triangle could potentially be fun as well. I do not need my partners gender to match their characters. My side characters or the 2nd/3rd mains I add in can be whatever gender for whatever extra romance pairing we would like.

-Posting frequency:
Currently I often have time to reply weekly sometimes daily depending on the length and detail of the posts. Things can still come up of course, I try to give a heads up when there might be a delay. I am in no rush to receive posts, weekly replies are fine just let me know how often you are hoping for a reply.

-Talking OOC helps move the plot along and I like having some points to aim for through out the story so that we are not aimlessly making things up as we go the entire time. This can often help get the muse/inspiration going if one of us feels stuck with a post.

-Elliquiy Messages or Threads only.

-Plot over smut; I love adding in fluffy romance and intimacy  but I find overly smut focused plots lose my interest quickly and most partners ditch after our characters hook up the first time.
Regarding smut focused plots vs. lewd themed plots, I'm open to parts of the story being more sexual so long as the overall idea is not that they are constantly going at it.

Things I do not enjoy in my stories:
-Slice of life (more specifically modern day with no fantasy/science fiction elements.)
-Partners that do not put effort into helping come up with a plot to start with or add in elements as we go.
-Os/Os:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=287454.0

Writing expectations:
-A rough estimate  of how often you can post and if you have an absolute deadline of when you need a post by before you lose interest would be apprecited.

- I need more than one line to work from, I am okay if you have a lengthy post or if is 1-2 paragraphs. On a good day with the right partner I can write anywhere from 3+ paragraphs depending on where we are in the plot. Based on my past work I would say I 'mirror' my partners, so if you have several paragraphs for me to work from chances are you are getting several paragraphs in return. Or again, if the post only requires 5-6 sentences to get the ideas across then there's no need to drag it out when we can make meatier posts later.

- My grammar is not always perfect, I'm considered 'literate' but am by no means a novelist with flawless writing. I do most of my writing in Google Docs so it catches some of my errors but not all. Some posting can and will be done from my phone and while I do try to read them over, sometimes odd things that are not really typos but words being placed in odd orders slip through. Modifying is a thing and I'm happy to correct any typos that throw off a post if needed. I am not strict on my expectations but I do hope that your post makes sense. If I ever mix up a name or a place, please be sure to let me know, I am always happy to go back and edit if needed for clarity!

-Long term over short term.

Long Term:I’m not saying we have to do this forever, things happen, cravings change, I’m okay adjusting our story to what best fits our needs however I don't see many stories that only lasts a few weeks that were not smut centered to begin with but I'd be open to trying a story that has the idea of ending when the characters reach a certain point.

-Plotting! I expect us to go into this with some kind of starting point and to keep it going with out of character communication by plotting other things along the way. I can’t just wing it from start to finish, I need a good starting point and somewhere to aim.

-I do not have any pre-made characters, this means I will need some time to think up my character, but so long as we've done our part plotting it shouldn’t take too long.

-I can do with or without photo prompts, I’m fine hunting down the right face for my character or doing my best to describe them and let your imagination take over just let me know which you prefer.

-I use curse words sometimes, am okay with violence as called for in stories and I am 100% here for romance, action, adventure added in.

-Third Person, past tense, I will not do first person.

Settings/Pairings/ect:
      Here are some very few, very basic things I have done before or would enjoy doing. Anything that is not listed here, but is also not listed in my ‘do not like’ section please feel free to ask about. I will likely forgot a few so I will adjust this as I think of them. I have listed any current cravings at the bottom. Seriously this list is so small please don't hesitate to ask if something is not listed!

Current cravings:  * will note which things I'm currently looking for most in stories but that does not mean anything without is any less loved. 
-Enemies to lovers *****
-Medieval ***
-Fantasy****
-Horror/Dark Settings*** (dark as in there are monsters, curses, disease, the story starts on a sad note or has a lot of struggles mixed in, this is not to be confused with me wanting a focus on smut.)
-Science Fiction/Futuristic** (Very new to this subject, I've done maybe one or two and they were both based on Dead Space so I would love a partner to keep exploring this genre with who can be patient on my lack of knowledge/terminology.)

Current plot starter craving:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I have one plot starter that I’m current craving it died out a while back and I’m hoping to change it up and start it over, see the google doc if this is not your cup of tea for more options:
-Werewolf/Vampire/Other x Arranged Bride
-My character is arranged to marry to a prince(open to changing), the prince dies before they are married. The king summons his bastard son home to take his brother's place. Most assume he was sent off to fight in the wars because of his status when in fact he had been sent away because his father wanted to keep the ‘monster’ far away.
-Open to discussing different plot points to aim for and of course the titles can be changed if kings/princes are not your cup of tea!

Craving #2: Fulfilling a Promise
Ideally Fae  x human but open to other pairings!
-My character saves an injured fairy in a time where such creatures are hunted by the humans around her. While recovering in her home someone tracks the fae to her home and they are forced to flee in order to avoid facing a mob. With no immediate safe place to go she agrees to help him get to his own home. The story would start with their meeting of course and then could focus on their adventure getting him home, seeking revenge against whoever had hurt him, ect. 

Pairings: Mixing combinations is always welcomed & encouraged! ((Underlined is my preferred role if one is preffered.)
-Vampire x any *****
-Werewolfx any*****
-Fae/Fairy x any*****
-Prince(ss)/Queen(King)/Knight x any **
-Fantasy Creature x Hunter *****
-Target x Assassin****
-Any combination of the pairings that are being craved!

Cute Image Prompt:

Still here? Wonderful! Still interested/curious? Even better!
Please message me with the following (or most of it) in mind (and preferably in that message):
-What pair(s) you would like to try
-What setting you prefer they be in
-Some form of a plot, prompt or even half a plot for us to work with.
-What kind of character(s) you are looking to use.

Botlanebaby

I have returned and updated my cravings to get some feelers or for potential new partners!

Botlanebaby

I'm back and updated a few things! Mainly dusting off for some attention.

Botlanebaby

Cleaned stuff up, added a maybe, added a 2nd old plot that I would love to try and re-start with an active partner.

Botlanebaby

Botlanebaby

Botlanebaby

I FINALLY GOT MY SH*T TOGETHER. (work slowed down)
Updated and bumping for some new faces hopefully.
Current cravings: Fae/Fairy or some fantasy crature based ideas.

Botlanebaby

I enjoyed the overall main story arc in Outlander so I added that as an option for some story inspiration.

Botlanebaby

Botlanebaby

Lots of free time now so I updated some of my cravings, added a new pairing/story base idea and a photo prompt for options.

Botlanebaby

Had someone back out, so I updated the cravings on here and the posting frequency.

Botlanebaby

Added - Werewolf x Prince/King/Viking/Warlord/Ect.*** plot starter since I've been craving some supernatural creatures lately.

Botlanebaby

Cleaned up taken plots.
-Currently seeking the fairy plot, adjusted it so that I'm open to playing either role in it.

Botlanebaby

Botlanebaby

7/24: Short term can be an option with the amount of free time I have, and have a slightly specific pairing of Vampire x ??? Using the Fairies Promise plot

Botlanebaby

Botlanebaby

Cravings updated, still looking for another vampire or werewolf partner to plot with!

Botlanebaby

Botlanebaby

Updated Additional Craving: Werewolf x -I will literally play just about anything to go with it, human, witch, another werewolf-. I'm also aware that this could lead to more smut/slow burn stories and I am 100% fine with a plot that has a bit more steam to it if needed. 

Botlanebaby

Updates! (Less work, more free time!!)
-Added to current cravings: Enemies to Lovers 
-Adjusted character pair examples to reflect current desires, current top 4: Vampire x any *****, Werewolfx any*****, Fae/Fairy x any*****, -Fantasy Creature x Hunter *****

Botlanebaby

New plot cravings added and detailed in the spoiler below!
I have one plot starter that I’m current craving it died out a while back and I’m hoping to change it up and start it over, see the google doc if this is not your cup of tea for more options:
-Werewolf/Vampire/Other x Arranged Bride
-My character is arranged to marry to a prince(open to changing), the prince dies before they are married. The king summons his bastard son home to take his brother's place. Most assume he was sent off to fight in the wars because of his status when in fact he had been sent away because his father wanted to keep the ‘monster’ far away.
-Open to discussing different plot points to aim for and of course the titles can be changed if kings/princes are not your cup of tea!

Craving #2: Fulfilling a Promise
Ideally Fae  x human but open to other pairings!
-My character saves an injured fairy in a time where such creatures are hunted by the humans around her. While recovering in her home someone tracks the fae to her home and they are forced to flee in order to avoid facing a mob. With no immediate safe place to go she agrees to help him get to his own home. The story would start with their meeting of course and then could focus on their adventure getting him home, seeking revenge against whoever had hurt him, ect.