Problem With Text Created On Google Docs

Started by DrMcQuark, January 27, 2021, 12:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrMcQuark

Hi,

I've hit this issue a couple of times in the past, it's mostly annoying but can be a real pain when it happens in a long post.

I tend to write my posts on Google Docs and then I copy and paste into E, perhaps adding some formatting or images, and then posting.

So far so good.

The problem is that if I spot something I need to change (spelling, inserting a different image, changing text, etc.) I click on "modify" make the change and then save. This is where the problem comes in.

Suddenly, all the apostrophes and quotation marks are replaced with some gobbledygook like "%n2019C" or something like that. I then have to go in and change ALL of them back to what they should be. Like I said, on long posts that can be a real pain.

Has anyone seen this? Can it be avoided by doing something to the text prior to posting?

Chasing Dreams

Which modify button are you using? If you use the one at the bottom of the post, it's going to mess up your post. You should use the modify button at the top of the post.
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

DrMcQuark

Quote from: Chasing Dreams on January 27, 2021, 12:46:04 PM
Which modify button are you using? If you use the one at the bottom of the post, it's going to mess up your post. You should use the modify button at the top of the post.

I believe I did use the one at the bottom.

Thanks! I will ignore than bottom button from now on. :)

Beguile's Mistress

*nods*

The modify button at the top takes you to the main formatting page and I've found this is best to use for BB code items.  But I do it mainly because I'm too lazy to type in all the code. :-)

DrMcQuark

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on January 27, 2021, 01:31:28 PM
*nods*

The modify button at the top takes you to the main formatting page and I've found this is best to use for BB code items.  But I do it mainly because I'm too lazy to type in all the code. :-)

Another great reason! ;)

Nowherewoman

There is also some proprietary formatting info in some text editors that when inserted into another- or into BBS- seriously fornicates with a water fowl.

I'd suggest typing in raw text in a standalone editor, and then formatting in E.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

DrMcQuark

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 27, 2021, 01:46:30 PM
There is also some proprietary formatting info in some text editors that when inserted into another- or into BBS- seriously fornicates with a water fowl.

I'd suggest typing in raw text in a standalone editor, and then formatting in E.

Thanks NWW!  :D