Aveline: Steampunk Fantasy Pathfinder Interest Check

Started by eBadger, September 03, 2014, 04:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDoom

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 04, 2014, 02:44:47 PM
I happen to be playing in one, as a matter of fact. ;D But that is there and not here.

Fiend!  ;D I mean, yes, urrm, of course. Disregard that!  ;)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

eBadger

Quote from: Kimmy on September 04, 2014, 02:19:38 PM
@shambles into the thread@
"Games! Gamesss!"
@noms on the house rules@
Nooooo!  Why did I have to write the rules in frosting on top of delicious freshly baked cupcakes!  It all seemed so logical at the time....

Quote from: Kimmy on September 04, 2014, 02:19:38 PMSo, there's 10 people posting in this thread. Just how many do you need to transform an interest thread into a character audition? Has there been any research on that yet?
Keep in mind I just posted this yesterday :)  I think this will be a go.  I need to tidy up my vague adventure notion into an actual plot with twists and bad guys and settings, which I will try to do tonight, and decide on specifics for characters. 

Quote from: Kimmy on September 04, 2014, 02:19:38 PMIf not, who do we have to sleep with to get some research done?
Oh!  Me, totally!

Quote from: Kimmy on September 04, 2014, 02:19:38 PMOne consideration on rules alteration is that clockwork creations and mad science flair gives players a lot of flexibility in creating crazy (& sometimes effective) plans to deal with problems. Steam driven automatons might use the same stats of an Ogre but creative application chilling magic could/should lower its steam pressure and weaken it or slow it. What I'd like to know is if you support creative thinking when it comes to problems- the kind of thinking that might require the GM inventing new rules to handle various thoughts. For example, rules on freezing/chilling steam powered devices as a means of breaking or subduing them. Or what might happen when the player tries to turn the arm of a steam powered automaton into some kind of magical item... I'm not saying things should be complex, but I'd like to know if creativity will be encouraged. Because you offer clashing genres in a fun light. So there will be chances to have a lot of fun doing unexpected things and having no idea what might result :)
Yup, I'm all about creativity and one of the great things about Pathfinder is all the intriguing ways spells and abilities can be applied to situations. 

Quote from: Kimmy on September 04, 2014, 02:19:38 PMAnother question is, are you ok with ideas drawn from the Advanced Race Guide? Because your world sounds like just the place to try it out some races built with race points, as presented here. Because I have a couple of odd ideas for races outside of the usual half a dozen and they might fit into this world concept.
Nope, sorry.  You're welcome to add custom flavor to the basic races, but that's exactly the sort of special unicorn business I'm trying to avoid - it's not inherently bad, it's just a can of worms I don't feel this adventure needs to open.  Fluffwise, the High Races (basic races) would likely assume anything too weird is corrupted and chuck you into Aveline's engines. 

Interdiction of words

Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Interdiction of words on September 04, 2014, 03:51:24 PM
How many points are allowed?

He just answered that question.
I need to tidy up my vague adventure notion into an actual plot with twists and bad guys and settings, which I will try to do tonight, and decide on specifics for characters. 

OyabunKobold

Ill place my interest into getting into this Ill have to look over the game when its ready for char applications and throw together a char from there on myth weavers :3

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0