News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest Check: Traveller Slave Hunters

Started by Rune, November 11, 2008, 09:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rune

I have been asked to run a Traveller game. I tend to like freeform games so this will be an experiment for me. I will use the Traveller rules to determine the fate of actions and help define the character abilities but will let most of game be freeform.

Game description:

In the future of man, mankind has spread among the stars. The Universe was ripe of exploration and exploitation. Hundreds of worlds were less developed than the Imperium. This primitive worlds had little to offer except their people.

Now, the richest and most powerful people of the Imperium seek amusements. These amusements are often in the form of slaves. There is a fortune to be made in capturing potential slaves.

The players can be fighting slaves, pleasure slaves, hunters, rich Imperials or those wishing to bring an end to slavery. Opposing them are rival hunters, corporations seeking to corner the market on the slave trade, rival rich Imperials and members of the slave rebellion that believe all slaves should be free.

Interested? Let me know what you want to become.

Huntress

i'm interested. My character would be, in abstract terms, a revolutionary who cross-dresses, which is illegal (maybe?), and is captured/sold into slavery.

Older And Wiser

I would be very interested, once approved.  The idea of being a hunter or trader is very interesting.

Rune

Once you two get approved, we can talk more in detail. Are you familiar with the traveller system? I see the game starting off with the hunters in a starport readying to go on the hunt but I am flexible on this. Ideally, I would like to have each player run hunter and a slave but that may not be for everyone.

Starchaser

I have a character I created for a space opera type game that could fit into this setting. He's a privateer so he could be asked to take some cargo to a distant planet, not realising said cargo is a slave girl(s) kept in hypersleep storage.

He be anti-slavery himself, of course.

Duchess

i'll think about it but sound interesting ;)

mannik

This does sound interesting, however I am not familiar with the traveller system.

Starchaser

I'm only passingly familiar with it, but I'm sure the GM can walk us both through character creation.

I tend to play freeform, but since I already have a character what I usually do is look at their background etc and try to build the character stats based on this info.

Rune

If preferred, this could be a freeform game, I just wanted to avoid any super abilities like world shattering psionics or superpowers. With that in mind, I am sure we could just free form it. (The person who made the origanal request of me has decided not to play, but I am still willing to run.

Duchess

mannik

Quote from: Arcane on November 21, 2008, 08:48:16 AM
If preferred, this could be a freeform game, I just wanted to avoid any super abilities like world shattering psionics or superpowers. With that in mind, I am sure we could just free form it. (The person who made the origanal request of me has decided not to play, but I am still willing to run.

Typically when I play a freeform game I avoid that anyway. For every advantage I give a character I come up with a disadvantage of equal or greater influence...I don't really find being overly powerful fun anyway.