"You have [#] messages, 1 of which is new."

Started by undisclosedtoyou, February 15, 2012, 12:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Hey all, so this might not be anything, and honestly I can live with it if it can't be fixed. But has anyone else noticed that the notifier for new messages heading thing has been acting up lately?  I'll  check the message in question, but the heading wont change, unless I go in and look at it several more times.  It's only been happening, to me, over the last couple of days, but I thought I'd just let staff know about it, in case it's a symptom of something else, that may be more important.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Vekseid

If it eventually resolves itself then there's not much more I can do.

SMF wasn't written from the ground up with caching in mind (the new CMS is), and one of the prices of having a fast, large site is that sometimes denormalized stuff like that (postcounts, message totals, etc.) sometimes gets out of whack.

undisclosedtoyou

I'm glad to know it's nothing too serious than, that's great!  And like I wrote before, I can definitely live with it, since it's nothing really detrimental.  Thanks for answering here though, Veks!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's