Simple and clean

Started by torioto, December 15, 2009, 07:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torioto

I wish to start a simple role-play with someone- anyone. Just to learn the ropes around here.
Consider me a total newbie looking for experienced players.

Blackbird

Look no further newbie. Ta da!...

Wild Cards

And just as a message to anyone and everyone, we're still looking for players. Just click the link and post a reply saying you want in. You know you want to.

torioto

Other than wild cards, I am open to any other player that wishes to start our own adventure.

Krayz

Hey man, I've got some experience, and I could certainly use something to do.

Since you want to be considered a complete newbie in terms of roleplaying, what kinds of fiction do you read?

torioto

The adventures I submerge my imagination into are usually of magic and enchantments, wizards and faeries, vampyres and dragons. I read those, but I am confident I can successfully role-play in any other genre.

Krayz

I'm sure you could, but it's easier to design a roleplay when you narrow down the focus.

And I'm good with those; I grew up with Dungeons and Dragons, so high/epic fantasy comes naturally to me.

Well, how does a pair of professional adventurers (preferably supplementary characters) that go on adventures between towns in a feudal society, battling dragons and monsters and all the classics, sound?

torioto

It would be splendid.
What shall we do now?

Krayz

I....don't actually know. This is my first roleplay on Elliquiy, so I don't know where we post it, lol.

In the mean time, we could discuss the characters, and how we'll start the plot.

torioto

The post goes in the forum containing this one.

Let us start with the settings. Time, place, mood, problems. Let us be creative.

Krayz

Creativity is good.

Well, we're going with a high fantasy kind of setting. In a fantasy world, that would put us in a feudal society, likely without the excessive levels of social injustice that appear in more gothic settings. The lords would be strong, but not unreasonable, and the commoners wouldn't be well-of, but nor would they be completely crushed and impoverished.

torioto

I have spent most of my life studying summons spirits traveling wherever I hear rumors of strange happenings and sightings.
And you?

Krayz

Is that for your character? Would he use magic in relation to spirits, or is he just interested in them?

If you go with a spiritual and magical character, it would be natural for me to go with something more down to earth. I'll likely play a swashbuckler then, a witty fop with skills with a blade and a passion for trouble.