what MMOs is anyone playing?

Started by boogop, July 05, 2013, 11:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn beta.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Vampricprincessty

Hmm... I am playing WarFrame right now but I am looking for other games to play.

Chris Brady

I don't count Warframe as an MMO, because I can solo it.  And until Update 9, I could.  Save a few mission types.  Like Defense and Mobile Defense, although some MDs I could do.  But not anymore.

And I don't run with people I don't know.  For two reasons, trust, and I'm REALLY slow.  I like to kill everything, and then move on.  Rushing is not my style.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Adelrune

I've been playing WoW for about 7 years. Though with MoP I got my main to 90 and log in maybe once or twice a week. I do play the heck out of SWTOR. My main is full Conq PvP gear and I am looking to start gearing up my other max level healers (it's all I am good at.)

With that said though, I am looking forward to getting my hands on a beta of WildStar. That seems like it will be fun when released. Hello player housing!

Frelance

I am playing World of Tanks and Path of Exile.
Evolution is an arms race

Cold Heritage

On and off with the LOTRO (I'm at cap with my Guardian, and don't really care for my champion or captain and none of the other classes appeal).

Got into The Secret World since a friend recommended it and it went on sale on steam.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Skyguy

Star Trek Online, rarely. Lately it's all been KSP and Civ V.

SinXAzgard21

Waiting for FF XIV's phase four beta in august.

Shjade

Soooorta getting back into GW2, but I doubt it'll last. The more I play the more I remember why I got bored with it the first time.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Braioch

Been trying my hand at Face of Mankind, which would be good if the player base wasn't so low. It's an interesting concept that honestly would be made better if there were more people around to actually give the feel that the game is intending to give.

But I'm looking to try other ones too, having been a WoW player (would still play it, but lack of job means lack of playing it) and SWTOR, but I found it rather lackluster and not that much fun.

Currently trying to find a new one to catch my interest, one that isn't graphic heavy (my computer, while good, isn't made for high end gaming, I can't even play Secret World, which sucks because I liked the bits I could get through) and one that isn't totally dependent on a perfect build in order to not get murdered trying to complete quests by other players.
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

SinXAzgard21

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn.  I'm really enjoying it and have made 3 characters already, not bored.  It is open beta till tomorrow, level cap is set for 20 as these characters carry over to release.

Kazyth

I'm on the flip side of FF XIV.  It's pretty, and I do love the worlds FF has been set in... but to me, really, other than the setting (and a lot of cutscenes), there really isn't anything to set it apart for me.  It's WoW/EQ2/DAoC with pretty graphics and the lure of being set in the FF world.  Tried every class for a while, different race combos, professions... and absolutely nothing about it caught me.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Braioch

Sure, but will my computer, that wouldn't even run Secret World, be able to run that?

I'm giving Rift a try, I was pleased to find that many of it's button keys were exactly like WoW, pleased because that meant I could hotkey around quickly and feel immediately comfortable playing the game. The class system is interesting to be sure, and it'll be fun to toy around with it for a bit when I get further into the game. Aww, who am I kidding, I'm already playing around with it, and having some fun making a build that entertains me. I'm thinkin' a Warlock Necromancer Archon, because being a Debuffing, Pet 'n DoT DPS'r sounds like too much fun and also because I was good with DoT DPS in WoW. (Lookin' at you Afflock)

I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Kazyth

Rift is a pretty solid FTP MMO, I'll agree.  I play.  Can't remember what shard for the life of me at the moment, due to lack of sleep.  It's the RP one.  Think it's listed as such.  It helps to put a bit of chloromancer into the mix if you're going with pets, as they have some great healing and support, but it's not a must.  Just generally useful, especially for closing down Rifts and such with other folks.  Lets you do a lot of ambient healing.  My current main is a rogue, going ranger/bard/marksman.  Bard gives me healing and buffing anthems, ranger gives me a taking warthog, and marksman gives me good single-target DPS.  Solid solo build so far.

Braioch

Well the pet is to offset my whole "I'm squishy, not the face please," as well as providing a distraction while I smack DoTs and Debuffs onto them, as well as healing myself. Because I'm a selfish bastard and I don't heal other people...because I'm also a terrible healer....well no, I just haven't had much practice. But I AM a terrible tank, no seriously, I SUCK at it. Though there was the time I accidentally tanked as an Afflock in Magister's Terrace....anywho, I'll probably fiddle with the one a bit, seeing as how I kinda like my debuff/selfheal soul and the DoT soul, so it's the Pet soul that I'll probably shuffle out and try with other ones.

Oh and you mean the realms? The one RP-PvE realm? I joined that one

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Kazyth

Yep, that's the one!  And my suggestion for pet would be go with the Elementalist.  Not only does it have a solid tanking pet in the Earth Elemental, but it also has good damage and various AC/HP/Resist buffs for yourself, to help keep you alive.

Braioch

Which works towards my whole playing style. Which to be fair came from WoW...

>,>

That whole Afflock bit of 'the longer this battle goes on, the higher chance of winning I have bitch'

Unless you were a Protection Pally...or a Beast Hunter

Frost Mages get owned

Ack! Rambling!

But I'll have to look into the Elemen tree when I get back on next

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Kazyth

I was a prot pally, actually.  So I loved fighting Rogues and Afflocks.  For a given value of love.  I was never huge into PVP, but when I did dabble in it, it was alright.

Braioch

I actually detested PvP beyond all reason, too many opportunities for people to be dicks.

That's why I did arena stuff, that way it was established what I was there for, it was small groups, and the last two standing were always an entertaining fight. Like the one between myself and Prot Pally, where I very narrowly lost, and the one between myself and a Frost Mage, which ended up me winning, after a lot of shit talking to the screen. Kiting and locking me up won't do you much good when I've stacked DoTs on you...that and I have options to break out of holds. ::)

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Kazyth

I didn't have much time for PvP anyway.  Couldn't log on without someone trying to drag me into taking for a raid, or dungeon somewhere.  I did love tanking as a Prot Pally, even back before they made it pretty easy to do so.  And then, of course, the introduced the whole dual-spec thing and I kinda felt like things started to go downhill group and raidwise.

Braioch

I'm a terrible tank, so more power to you on that one.

I never dual specced anyways, I never got a hang of Demo or Destro, I couldn't kite or pet control worth a damn without forgetting something, nor could I nuke for the most part. Affliction worked out well for me, that and it was probably the worst spell collection when you thought about it. Worst in the diabolical and agonizing sense.

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kazyth on August 21, 2013, 12:48:55 AM
I didn't have much time for PvP anyway.  Couldn't log on without someone trying to drag me into taking for a raid, or dungeon somewhere.  I did love tanking as a Prot Pally, even back before they made it pretty easy to do so.  And then, of course, the introduced the whole dual-spec thing and I kinda felt like things started to go downhill group and raidwise.

I miss the diffulty level of the first expansion. This talent every 15 levels, push button easy stuff doesn't do anything for me.. which is why only half my toons are 90 and I've done NO raiding. I recall how fun it was to do 40 man raids and how the last two expansions seemed more and more towards casual players with low attention span than challenging. I hope that the design ethic will change now that Blizzard is buying their way out of Vivendi's hands.

Chris Brady

I would like to point out that Blizzard's original plan for WoW was to make a MMO Game for the casuals.  The original plan, despite ending up copying Everquest at the start, was a game in which you could play your way, now matter the class.

That changed very quickly because the 'Hardcore' set tends to be an extremely vocal minority, and if life taught me anything, the louder you are, no matter the message, you will be heard.

That said, and as a casual gamer, I have to say that the current talent system I'm not a fan of.  However, I know why they did it.  The Talent system was straining hard when they bumped the level cap to 70, and we're now at 90?  The math was simply falling apart.  Doesn't mean I like it, though.  And I miss the joy of leveling, there's no thrill of learning anything in game, it just...  Happens.  Dull.

And I'm sad that the Warrior class still can't handle itself in PvP.  Raw damage is cute, but you need crowd control skills, and every other class in WoW either has better tools or has the tools period.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Wicked Vixen

The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

ShadowFox89

Guild Wars 2. Guild Wars was my first, and I'll continue supporting the game until the end.
Call me Shadow
My A/A