Who Wants to Pop My Elliquiy GM Cherry?!

Started by Soulsemmer, February 22, 2006, 02:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulsemmer

Right then. So I've been toying with a few ideas for a game, and I want to do something I haven't done in a long while.

A good old Rifts game.

I'm looking for 3-4 players willing to dedicate their time to a good story with some serious roleplay. It will be set in North America, naturally. I'll give more details if I get some interest.

So let's hear it!
"Come on now, who do you... who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha! Bless your soul. You really think you're in control."

Faolan

I'd be interested I guess. Would you allow true Atlanteans? If so i'd probably go for a True Atlantean Line Walker with some 6 tattoos or so. Or maybe an undead slayer if you wanted to crank up the power levels.

Siegfried

OOOOO,  second Rifts game starting!  I'm in!  Just tell us what is and isn't allowed.  Also, a time frame of the current date would be wonderful as well.

Soulsemmer

I'm rather liberal on characters right now. For something like an atlantean, I'd like a back story. You know... make it interesting! Inspire me!

Hit me with concepts, and we'll see, Sieg. I know about every Rifts book rather well.

This game I intent to be a heroic game, so while I'm not letting any Cosmo-Knights in (sorry you munchkins), I won't be gimping you with 1d6 Wilks pistols either.
"Come on now, who do you... who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha! Bless your soul. You really think you're in control."

Faolan

I'll have to get to my books and stuff later tonight. maybe over the weekend.

Soulsemmer

The sooner, the better. I tend to like to get things rolling along, and keep them moving at a decent pace.

And I'm not asking for a novella, just a concept :)

Siegfried

I'll have something later tonight.  Right now, I've got another game to get to IRL.  Be back later.

Soulsemmer

So we have no more interest in the Rifts world?

Make no mistake, this game is more for ROLEplaying than ROLL-playing.

Dice would be involved, all rolled by yours truly. But I'm more interested in exploring some of the story aspects of this easily-abused game.

Siegfried

I had to look though my collection of books.  I'm joansing to play a Fleshsculptor.  Is that allowed?  And what is the date the game is set in?

Faolan

I went home and looked through my game books only to realize that I think I sold off all my RIFTS books. Not sure what to do in this case. I know I would like to play a True Atlantean Undead Slayer (because I think they are so COOL). I'll give you his backstory though.

Matthew Sunfire was born on another plane of the Megaverse. His mother was a Line-Walker and his Father a Geomancer. Matthew was brought up on the tales of Atlantean glory and also overreaching vanity. He was taught from an early age that it was now the fate of all good True Atlanteans to seek out interdimensional evil beings to fight against to make the Megaverse a better place.

Matt(as his friends and family call him) was a very athletic young boy and was recognized to have great potential by the Tattoo Masters. Early in his life he was put on the path that led him towards becoming an Undead Slayer. He passed all his trials and soon he was ready to graduate and recieve his final tattoo. It was then that he was offered an assignment by his teacher. They needed to send scouts back to Earth because of the rumors of RIFTS that had been reaching their ears. If it was true that the Splugorth had taken over their old homeland and the Earth was under siege from multitudes of evil dimensional beings then Something would have to be done and Undead Slayers would need to be on the front lines.

Matthew was glad to accept the assignment.

Muse

Got room for another? 

Level 1?  How about 4? 

Will she work? 

Ru Jenkins
Alingment: Scrupulous
OCC: Mind Melter

IQ 13                                 HP  30
ME 15                                 SDC 57
MA 19  Trust/Intimidate 55%           ISP 5
PS 19  HtHC Damage +4, Carry 380LBS   PPE 195
PP 26  Parry, Dodge, and Strike +11
PE 18  Save Vs Coma/Death +5%
       Save Vs Poison/Magic +2
PB 25  Charm/Impress 75%
SPD 18

Hand To Hand: Martial Arts+Modifiers
Attacks/Melee 3
Roll with Punch, Fall, or Impact +6
Parry and Dodge +11
Strike +8
Kick d8

Langueges  90% American
Pilot: Horsemanship
Pilot: Motorcycle

Secondary Skills:
Boxing
Dance
Hand to Hand: Martial Arts
Intelgence
Gymnastics

Secondary Skills

L 3 Athletics
L 1 Body Building and Weight Lifting
L 1 Detect Ambush
L 3 Escape Artist
L 1 Prowl
L 1 Pick Pockets
L 1 Pick Locks
L 1 Running
L 1 Streetwise
L 3 Swiming
L 1 W. P. Chain
L 3 W. P. Laser Pistol

Powers:
Basic:
Alter Aura (Self)
See Aura
Sixth Sense
Mind Block

Sensitive
1  Empathy
2  Telepathy
3  Total Recall

Physical
1  Impervious to Cold
2  Impervious to Fire
3  Night Vision

Healing
1  Deaden Pain
2  Detect Psionics
3  Exorcisim
4  Healing Touch
5  Increased Healing
6  Induce Sleep
7  Psychic Diagnosis
8  Psychic Purification
9  Psychic Surgery
10 Resit Fatigue

Super:
Bio-Regeneration: Super
Empathic Tranmision
Mind Bolt
Psychic Body Shield
Psi-Sword (whip)

Gear:

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Weight 2lbs
Mega-damage 1d6
RoF: Standard
Effective Range 1,000 feet
Payload: 20 shots
Bonus to Strike: +2 to strike on an aimed shot.

Whip
Whip-8 to 12' long, sometimes more.  2d4 SDC for leather, 2d4+2 SDC if made from tendons-but more likely to break, 2d8 SDC made from steel-as long as weilder is tall.  WP:  Whip provides +1 strike levels 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 13, +1 to entangle at levels 2, 6, 8, and 12, +1 damage at levels 4, 8, and 12.

Chain
Going with basic Manrikigusari for this info-3 to 6' long, 2d4 SDC damage.

Light Mega Damage Body Armor with a femenine cut.
The Crusader
Full Fibre Environmental Body Armor
As the name implies, this full suit of body armor resembles the knights of the ancient crusade because of the chain mail like M.D.C. fiber and knee length skirt.  Recent fashion has provided a traditionalknight's surcoat and even the helmet is deisigned to resemble the European knights of old.
* M.D.C. 55
* Weight 11 pounds (5 kg)
* Full mobility, no prowl penalty!
* Black market cost:  40, 000 credits.(Stats?)

A couple of sets of traveling clothes and an extensive fashionable wardrobe.
Sleeping Bag
Backpack
Utility/Amo Belt
Canteen
Sun Glasses
Air Filter
Knife
Food Rations For a week
Personal Items

Hovercycle

Credits: 1,400
Salable Items: 8,000
She grew up in a Coalition major city and was, at the time, rather quite and cerebral, doing well in school and taking balet lessons, but around age fourteen the psi-sniffers and other witch hunters started sniffing around her neighborhood.

Her mother, never the best of parents, simply threw her out on the street.

She wound up becoming a petty thief in the bad part of town for three years, needing to learn fast to take care of herself on account of ripening into a great beauty.  Her looks and dance skills got her a job in a strip club as she matured, and from there she worked her way up to a more respectable stirp club.  Which, of course, put her under the eyes of the coalition again.

She met and fell in love with a cyber knight gal named Miriam, traveling with her and learning the ropes of do-gooder mercinary life and formalizing her martial arts.  They went their seperate ways on friendly terms not long after she learned to manifest her psi-sword as a whip.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)