Need a guide? (fantasy and sci-fi combo) [F seeks M]

Started by elfguy, July 14, 2010, 07:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

As a trained human scout for the Interplanetary Defense Force, Lilith is skilled at what she does. She was sent on Eden several years ago to make contact with the native population, and keep the IDF appraised of the situation on the planet. She's also available should any human need help or something else while on Eden.

When a man was traveling nearby in a small ship, at first he panicked when the navigation system shorted out, and he lost all control of his ship, but then was relieved to see he was close enough to a Federation planet, one that had been marked as 'Habitable' on the star chart, and so he decided to crash land there. Unfortunately, what the chart didn't see was how inhospitable the place was. The natives quickly turned out to be suspicious and aggressive, and the wild life was weird and quite big, also a scary sight for the lone pilot.

Fortunately, Lilith soon found him and offered a reassuring hand, offering him to guide him back to civilization.

So for the general setting, think Avatar. Except in this case you'd play a lone ship pilot crash landing on the planet, and the only being who can even speak your language, let alone help you, is Lilith, which has been spending several years with the natives, and knows them and how to get through the thick jungles and avoid nasty predators very well.

Preferably, I'd like the male character to act quite scared of his environment, not a wuss but certainly not the type of man who thinks he's gonna get out of this by himself and vanquish anything the planet throws at him. I'll play Lilith, as well as the NPCs on the planet. She'll start very indifferent to him, seeing him as just someone she has to help out, but as the RP goes I'd like romance to develop, and the two would fall in love, with the ending still being up in the air (he brings her back off-world, or she convinces him to stay on the planet?)

My only requirement for this is a frequent poster, someone who can post at least twice a day.
----

Wolfy

I would say Pick me, pick me!

buuuut...I have like, 4 roleplays going on. O-o..soo..write me down as a maybe.

elfguy

lol you don't want to know how many I have going. I'm addicted :(
----

Wolfy

Lol..well, I posted for the Starship one...Well, I fixed my post. o3o...Dendory seems to be getting close to Andrala...*wink* Lol

elfguy

Yup I saw, waiting on Daril before I post.

Still looking for someone for this one.
----

SheenaTiger

i would rise my hand ^^;

you know i am still without enough plays ^^
Generally slow between posts ... sorry but Health-Issues and other RL-Things happen.
My RP-Search / BDSM-Test (2015-08-16) / BDSM-Test (2018-12-23) / BDSM-Test (2022-11-28) / My A&A (2020-12-16)

QuoteThe complete Domination over a Submissive is not based on fear and harshness, but is based on trust, love, guidance and understanding.

elfguy

----

SheenaTiger

i guess i cn postpone that until tomorrow?

might even give me a reason to make a new render ^^
Generally slow between posts ... sorry but Health-Issues and other RL-Things happen.
My RP-Search / BDSM-Test (2015-08-16) / BDSM-Test (2018-12-23) / BDSM-Test (2022-11-28) / My A&A (2020-12-16)

QuoteThe complete Domination over a Submissive is not based on fear and harshness, but is based on trust, love, guidance and understanding.

Exneal

Yo! I'm still kind of new to the forum (not really, but my activity starts from here on) and I was very interested in this plot you have going.

I think I could probably pull of a lot more than just two posts a day and, character wise, I have a nice selection of pre-made characters I constatly write stories about that could fit in well with what you're looking for.

Let me know if you want to hear more! ;D

elfguy

I told Sheena I would let him post a character tomorrow morning, then I'll see where to go from there.
----

SheenaTiger

oh, i would let the new one go first in such a case :)
so he can pick up a game with a fun player :)

elfguy

Well the thing is I know your posting count, so if you want to write up a char it's yours.
----

SheenaTiger

my posting count? you mean that i usually post a couple of posts each day cause i am bored like hell and our times overlap at 2 points? ^^

thanks then :)

but i believe, if a newcomer shows interest, i should let them take the chance, if it not works out, you have my number ;)

elfguy

Very well then. I'm still waiting for a char sheet from someone, Exneal if you want to try it.
----

Exneal

Alrighty! Thanks for the opportunity, Sheeta ;) But you should post your character to. The best way to make someone learn, in my opinion, is to throw them in the deep end and make them learn what it's like to not be new. In any case, I'm not sure what you want to know about the character so I'll just use the sheet that you posted in the zombie roleplay story. If there's anything else you need to know, just let me know!

Appearance:

Name: Menard Holman

Equipment: Clothing-wise, he will only be wearing a suit. I was thinking the ship could hold some kind of security armor for such situations but to give it a spice we could say that the armor was inaccesable when the ship crashed, leaving him vulnerable. As for weapons, he would only be carrying a small (blaster?) pistol with very limited ammo.

Bio: Menard Holman is your every day businessman and gambler. He worked for a large mining industry in one of the colonies, directing the logistics department with full authority. He was about to go on a small vacation before his ship crashed on the planet. He is a rather smug person due to his position and upbringing, making his mind work with money most of the time. His phisical condition is quite good for a man such as himself. Back in his homeworld, he attended the gym whenever he had free time, but he recieved no martial arts training and no marksmanship trainig to put his condition to use.

Offs: Nothing really...

elfguy

That looks fine. However this is in a sci-fi world, let's say 2371 so unless he likes really old styles, the suit in the picture would have to actually be a bit more modern looking.
----

Exneal

I mainly used it as an example for his looks more than the suit itself. But I agree completely, the suit should be a lot more modren... Hmmm... How about this?

elfguy

lol that's fine. I'll post the intro in a minute.
----

SheenaTiger

pease exchange the t with a "n" ^^ it is still Sheena not Sheeta
thouhg, this is a complete new way to write my name wrong, usually people add a "n" in exchange for leaving an "e" out ^^

and no, i will not think up a character if i plan to stand back from a game, even if it made elfguy sad.

the uniform... *thinks* i guess this one were SEED-uniforms from FF8 ^^

elfguy

Your loss Sheena, look at that long intro post I just pumped out! ;)

Just teasing.
----

SheenaTiger

*ponder* i think i made a longer one then this one :-p

yes my loss, cause that guide is such a sexy one, but i will stay alive... just with less fun in my life ;_;

Exneal

I have to say that the intro was amazing! I'll try to keep up with that amazing writing style you have, Elfguy ^^ I intended to write more, but since you are also doing the NPCs I thought you might want to place something where I left it before I moved on.