Dragon Ball E

Started by Primarch, October 10, 2014, 01:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

"Everything that's been said here today has been transmitted to my two Saiyan comrades, deep in Outer space. When they learn that I've been killed, they'll come to avenge me. They'll wipe you out. You and every living thing on this planet. You won't have a chance, you're as good as dead already. One year, one short year." - The last words of the first Saiyan invader, Raditz.

In the year on March 21st, 2012 Earth had its first confirmed alien visitor. What appeared to be a remarkably human looking male identified itself as Raditz and was searching for 'Kakarot,' an entity that has still not been identified. Raditz proved himself to be on Earth with hostile intentions when he proceeded to go on an extremely destructive warpath, before being confronted by five individuals whom were able to do what quickly assembled Earth military forces could not do. They killed the alien invader, but not before he gave a dire warning. The five individuals went to prepare.

Now it is February 15th, 2013. The Saiyans are early. On their arrival they instantly obliterate Johannesburg, killing over a million people. Now on a dusty plain the only five people that stand a chance prepare to face off against the invaders. They've spent eleven months preparing. They are not prepared.

This is a game I tried running some time and and I would like to do again.

Okay, so the plan here is an AU DBZ game set in modern day real Earth where 5 people have come together to fight the infamous Nappa & Vegeta. I'll be GMing the game and will be using an invisible system. You never need worry about it, you just RP and I'll determine how actions are resolved behind the wizard's curtain. You'll all be assigned a Power Level based on your application, but you won't be informed what it is until a scouter picks it up. This is currently planned to be a stand alone game, resolving the 'Saiyan Saga' but depending on how it goes it might continue.

A couple of notes:

• There is no Goku: This game doesn't have a Goku, you're the heroes. If a Saiyan pod landed on Earth, the baby inside died or was lost in obscurity and never became Goku.
  • You can manipulate Ki: Regardless of your characters origins, no matter what country your character comes from, they have learned to manipulate ki (even if they refer to it as something else). All characters can fly, project ki and 'feel' the ki output of others, and reduce their own ki output.
  • Players will need to make decisions on when to conserve strength and when to go all out. Characters can get fatigued or exhausted if they max out too much, but can also be outclasses to varying degrees if not putting in enough effort. In a similar manner that Freiza's output was given a percentage of his maximum, players will tag their post with what percentage they are using for that post. Increasing output by more then 5% in one post requires time dedicated to doing so.
  • All PCs will be human.
  • PM Applications only please

Character App:
Name:
Height:
Weight:
Appearance: If you are using more then one image, please take one main image and put any others in spoiler tags under the main.

Combat You have 20 points to spend to determine your characters proficiency with any selected martial art/combat style. The costs are as follows
Basic 1 Point :: Trained 2 Points :: Experienced 3 Points :: Expert 4 Points :: Master 5 Points :: World Authority 6 Points
You may have one at level 6. As it comes up so often, please remember 'MMA' isn't a martial art. Its martial arts mixed together. Its in the name.

Signature Attacks: Anything from a physical combo or ki attack. Once again you have 20 points to distribute. More points require more ki investment or cause greater physical strain, but also increase effectiveness. On character approval I will give you a bonus/penalty for at least one signature attack. Please just describe what the ability is, don't include its result (ex, 'powerful enough to destroy a city').

Backstory: 

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Combat[/b]

[b]Signature Attacks:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

As stated, this game has 5 slots. First come, first served on approval. I'll inform here as slots are taken.
Slot 1: Saiid "The Devil Prince of Morocco" Azzam - deadmanshand
Slot 2:
Slot 3:
Slot 4: Roselle 'Rose' Lion - ShadowFox89
Slot 5: Pakpao - Jagerin
Slot 6: Katherine Davis - Loneeagle42s

Any questions, comments or suggestions are welcome.

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

Juggtacular

deadmanshand

App sent. I really like the look of this game. It's the only DBZ AU that I've ever actually been interested in.

Primarch

Alright, I'll do a review of any apps sent in tomorrow. So if people that are currently interested get the chance to write up tomorrow tonight/tomorrow it would be great.

zenpai

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Primarch

4 apps have been submitted and all have received replies.

Cheers.

Primarch

Half the character slots are now filled. Room for 3 more.

Jag

Will be PMing you my sheet as soon as I get the mini-Jag off to school. I liked the idea the first time you posted it, but had to drop out due to a lot of things that are no longer an issue. ^..^
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

ShadowFox89

Think I could try digging up my old character and PMing you her?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Hmmm.... Hope I get in. I liked where this game was going last time.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Countdown0

Book marked. I remember this, sad that it didn't go far. Would this JUST be the Saiyan saga, or would we move on to later parts of DBZ afterwards?
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

ShadowFox89

I recall Primarch saying before that those left alive would have the chance to go to Namek and bring everyone back.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Countdown0

Ah! And maybe we fight Frieza then :P Not it on being Krillin! :P

I'll be working on a character submission :D

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

ShadowFox89

Given the power levels we had last time..... Well, let's just say I'm hoping we get some training at King Kai :-P

Though, I'm hoping I make it in again, too.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Countdown0

You want King Kai's training? Doesn't that require death? :P

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

ShadowFox89

This is DBZ, land of no one stays dead unless you choose it and kingdom of death means getting stronger.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Countdown0

You have a valid point.

Hmm... seems like the good guys gain more strength from dying than the bad guys though. Old Kai is biased :P

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Primarch

4 characters now approved, awaiting edits to apps for some more.

And yes if the game does well we shall continue the story to Namek, though I'll request a co-GM to assist with the branching story and ideally allow me to also take part. I'd rather enjoy taking part.

We'll be starting on Monday at the very latest, I'll get IC started and those that are approved can get in on the first round of posting while the apps currently competing for the last 2 spots are sorted out.

Any questions before we begin?

ShadowFox89

I'd like to note that Goku's power level when he was fighting Vegeta was 18,000.....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 25, 2014, 12:13:33 PM
I'd like to note that Goku's power level when he was fighting Vegeta was 18,000.....

Well nobody in the group will be starting at that level, but the groups average PL will be higher than the Z fighters at that point.

Juggtacular

Jag

Quote from: Juggtacular on October 26, 2014, 03:49:39 PM

There's a whole book about that line.

Dragon Ball Z 'It's Over 9,000!' When Worldviews Collide

It's actually pretty interesting. It goes into great detail about why the idea of power levels and such were introduced into the series and about mistranslations and all sorts of stuff. There is so much, rather deep and thoughtful, information about Goku and Vegeta.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Angie

I wish I knew more about DBZ and how it works, I would love to throw one of my characters in there.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Primarch

Quote from: Angiejuusan on October 26, 2014, 04:02:49 PM
I wish I knew more about DBZ and how it works, I would love to throw one of my characters in there.

You don't really need to know a great deal. The game is set on our 'Earth' as opposed to the planet the show is set in. Not knowing about the different alien races wouldn't even matter because the characters have met one, which was the first alien to ever come to Earth. So you as a player would be discovering everything as your character does. Glancing over a wiki would tell you just about everything you really need to know.