Card Games in CYBERSPACE!!!??? (Yu-Gi-Oh! Virtual Duelists) (Need Lady Chars!)

Started by Laughing Hyena, December 12, 2011, 04:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Wait no longer. The threads are up. A touch bare bones for the moment but the fun will begin soon enough.

ShadowFox89

I'll see if I can't write something up while on the train and get it posted tomorrow night.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Latooni Subota

Uh, we can has links? >.>

Also, how exactly are we gonna go about this. Are you going to do this in the proper GM way, with you gently (FORCEFULLY!) nudging us towards plot/tournaments/NPCs? :D
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Laughing Hyena

I just make things explode for the plot.

Heres the OOC Thead and in it is every other thread that you will need.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=127103.0

Miyu

Laughing Hyena

Miyu

Name: Miyuki Kiramane
Personality: She is a confident girl, she loves to just go out and have some fun with her friends even if that means beating them down to a pulp during dueling. She is often seen as a different person when she is dueling, more sadistic and a bit more dark apart from her cheerful and kind girl. Being the perfect girl to look for to just laugh and be silly she is often surrounded with friends and people who just say hi without any prior knowledge.
Backstory: She is just your average collage woman, she is one of the brains of the school and is often seem to be respected by her peers. Studying to be a teacher she found out about the Duel Monsters game and quickly began playing it thinking that she wanted to know what the students were playing if she ever wanted to be a teacher herself. She fell in love with duel monsters and began to fix up her deck as much as she could and even go to tournaments with her fellow students.  (I leave most of her background vague like that because I like to come up with things during rp)
Ons: Dueling, Ice Cream, Beaches, Dancing, Handsome people.
Offs: Bullies, Rude people, Snakes (Phobia), Heights.
In Character Kinks: Bondage, Rough Sex, Kinky play, Vanilla.
Appearance:

Dueling Deck:
1- Natura Bamboo Shot
2- Natura Bamboo Shot
3- Natura Bamboo Shot
4- Naturia Beans
5- Naturia Beans
6- Naturia Beans
7- Naturia Butterfly
8- Naturia Butterfly
9- Naturia Butterfly
10- Naturia Cherries
11- Naturia Cherries
12- Naturia Cherries
13- Naturia Cliff
14- Naturia Cliff
15- Naturia Cliff
16- Naturia Fruitfly
17- Naturia Fruitfly
18- Naturia Fruitfly
19- Naturia Horneedle
20- Naturia Horneedle
21- Naturia Horneedle
22- Naturia Mantis
22- Naturia Mantis
23- Naturia Mantis
24- Naturia Mosquito
25- Naturia Mosquito
26- Swords of revealing Light
27- Mystical Space Typhoon
28- Mystical Space Typhoon
29- Mist Body
30- Mist Body
31- Scrap Iron Scarecrow
32- Scrap Iron Scarecrow
33- Scrap Iron Scarecrow
34- Exterio's Fang
35- Exterio's Fang
36- Gravity Bind
37- Level Limit Area B
38- Mirror Force
39- Trap Hole
40- Trap Hole

Destiny Draw:
Swords of Revealing Light

Laughing Hyena

Loving it and it will fit right in with what I have planned. She's in!

zengal

God, I remember when Yugi was the king of games. Improvising on the spot and dishing out badass punishments to the loser. Hell, he lit a escaped convict on fire!

...but I digress. Are you still accepting for this RP? It has been a long time since I regularly followed yugioh, but I remember all the base rules from when I used to play. However, I know almost nothing about the newest stuff. [What the hell is xyz?]
...and I suppose any part of us that can only be seen by others is a Dark part.
I feel that about the small of my back, too, and the nape of my neck.
They are Dark: they are erotic zones as in the tropics whereas Paris is straightforward and bright about it all.
A coal miner has kind of a sexy occupation -- though I'm sure it's painful down there... but so is Lust.
Of Light we can never have enough but how would we find it unless the Darkness urged us on and into it.
I am Dark except, when -- now and then -- it all comes clear and I can see myself as others luckily sometimes see me in a good light.

Laughing Hyena

Yeah i remember that. Season Zero was freaking nuts. lol. In either case "Come along with me" and write up a character and we will see if you make the list.

zengal

I think all the deck building brained my damage. I'm having a brainfart for the backstory at the moment, I'll need to edit in something simple once I can think again. Aside from that, I'm done.

Name: Gartner Colet
Cyber Handle: Basilisk “The Lizard King”
Personality: As per tradition set by the series’ eponymous character,  Gartner has a change of character from normal life and dueling. Normally, Gartner is an amiable individual of good humor with a fairly laid back attitude. On the surface, he appears somewhat incompetent in several regards. He doesn’t mean to get in trouble, that’s just things tend to work out, really! Oddly enough, it is rare of him to regret or learn from these mistakes taking many things lightly. Nevertheless he somehow is able to pull though when he really needs to. Basilisk, his self proclaimed “Lizard King” cyber persona, is more proud and slightly insidious. Confident, he is unfazed  by doubts  -- though this may be denial as he never drops the attitude even when it’s obvious he has made a mistake. In either personality, he has a strong sense of honor and believes one should hold to their word, not making promises easily.
Backstory: Gartner is a natural citizen of Japan born to an Austrailian father and a half-Japanese mother. Though if anyone asks of his heritage he simply claims to be a "purebred mutt". His father moved to Japan because of the job potential the transfer offered, which eventually led to his getting a wife, a kid, and a nice position in R&D for the Duel Visors coding the virtual reality. And so, his family is well off: not rich by any means, but the income pays for a very comfortable life without worry.
Gartner himself got through high school with Bs, some Cs, and the occasional A. He might have gotten a 4.0, if not for the fact he didn't study and barely kept track of homework and deadlines. For now, he works as one of the IT guys in Duel academy.  He’s known for being pretty lazy on the job, making it odd he’s not yet been laid off.
He specializes mostly in hiding and/or removing traceable elements from events and accounts in the VR. Privacy is important to certain demographics and he’s willing to rent that out for large-scale but low-class offences [e.g. illegal gambling and underground tournaments]. He has standards, though; refusing to associate with people or groups of obvious ill intent or those that actively seek to harm someone. If he devotes himself, he might be able to reverse the process to pull off some tricks as far as tracing goes, but aside from that, the general rule is if he doesn’t have the source code for the target he can’t do shit to it. Therefore he cannot create, destroy or alter anything that is not his own account or an intrinsic part of his “Private” duel zone. The fact that he has some source code necessary for those copied from his father’s work computer has nothing to do with his skills, promise!
Ons: Mostly like O/Os with a touch of light BDSM
Offs: Refer to O/Os
In Character Kinks: Gartner enjoys having something placed on the line during a duel regardless if he wins or loses. This even carries over to other aspects of his life to a lesser extent. Even so, he very much prefers ‘penalty games’ over wagering cards or other material goods. [Screw the money, he has rules.]
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Gartner

Basilisk

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Dueling Deck: 50 Cards

25 Monsters
The Tyrant Neptune (1) [1]
Venominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes (1) [2]
Venominon the King of Poisonous Snakes (1) [3]
Evil Dragon Ananta (2) [4~5]
Granadora (1) [6]
Razor Lizard (2) [7~8]
Lion Alligator (2) [9~10]
Spawn Alligator (3) [11~13]
Oshaleon (3) [14~16]
Balloon Lizard (3) [17~19]
Iron Chain Snake (3) [20~22]
Cobra Jar (3) [23~25]

10 Spells
Monster Reborn (1) [26]
Molting escape(1) [27]
Solidarity (1) [28]
Burial from a Different Dimention (1) [29]
Miracle Dig (1) [30]
Snake Rain (2) [31~32]
Viper’s Rebirth (3) [33~35]

15 Traps
Trap Stun (2) [42~43]
Offering to the Snake Deity (3) [44~46]
Rise of the snake deity (3) [47~49]
Alien Brain (2) [50~51]
Snake Whistle (2) [52~53]
Return from the Different Dimension (1) [54]
Damage = Reptile (1) [55]

Destiny Draw
Rise of the Snake Deity [1]
Return from the Different Dimension [2]
They are Dark: they are erotic zones as in the tropics whereas Paris is straightforward and bright about it all.
A coal miner has kind of a sexy occupation -- though I'm sure it's painful down there... but so is Lust.
Of Light we can never have enough but how would we find it unless the Darkness urged us on and into it.
I am Dark except, when -- now and then -- it all comes clear and I can see myself as others luckily sometimes see me in a good light.

Laughing Hyena

Im getting a Yugi and Yami vibe from him.He doesn't have mystical powers does he now?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

zengal

xp Sadly, no, he won't be setting anyone on fire. But yes, I used the concept of Yami in season zero for his Basilisk account. Though, I wasn't thinking of Yugi at all, but I can definitely see how I worded it makes some similarities. In truth, for his normal attitude I was thinking of a personality more like Lightshock's character, Mark, but with a troublemaking streak. [funny enough, if you take away the Basilisk persona, he reminds me much more of Joey]

And that would be a "no" to magical powers. The closest thing will be that I'm considering to have the "basilisk" account break the user agreement [i.e. not registered and possibly made as a second alt account, haven't decided] and thus not be able to be traced easily. So, basic hacking stuff, really.

Question though: I stopped watching after the first series [stopped reading the manga after I read "season zero"], so I've not seen GX 5Ds or Zexal.  How does the duel academy work? I couldn't find all that much about it in the wiki.

Laughing Hyena

Might be a touch interesting with another hacker on top of the hacker threat. You do realize of course with the amount of trouble the hackers cause yer going to be relentlessly hunted if you get exposed.

Duel academy is in short a university for people to become professional duelists. And it is broken up into three dorms. Slifer Red, (lower class.) dubbed the Slifer Slackers, who basically get the shaft. Ra Yellow who are the middle class and very determined to become the best. And Obelisk Blue who ARE the best and are a touch elitist. Only the rich or powerful or extremely talent become Obelisk Blue at the gate. It is possible to change dorms through promotion or demotion.

5ds deals with Duel Runners and the Duelists who participate in Riding Duels. So in short its Cards Games on Motorcycles.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on December 23, 2011, 11:01:02 PM
Slifer Red, (lower class.) dubbed the Slifer Slackers, who basically get the shaft.

They either suck or screw around so much that they have no chance to advance. Or the staff hates them. One of the three.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

zengal

Alright, I read and caught up with the IC posts and finished editing the character background in.

And I know what 5ds is, I watch Yu-gi-oh abriged. ;p

Laughing Hyena

Laughing Hyena

People if you are still on the fence on this RP, just to let you know we need more female characters and that means this thread is re-opened for business. If you don't enjoy the game itself but like anime RP then thats fine we can find something for you to contribute for the plot, if you do then thats even better but all in all female characters are needed

Silk

What was the numbers :o I thought it was pretty even on the male/female

Laughing Hyena

Two of the four females in the group are MIA for about a week or so. Theres five males and four females and thats not counting NPCs.

Vergil1989

Sorry for the delay on my end, I'll get back into the game before the day's over, just haven't gotten around to editing my deck yet.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Jeufufns

I got super excited reading this and then I looked at the dates @-@

RubySlippers

I'll see what I can whip up, on the girl duelist front. Have to post in the Highlander game I'm in first.