Exalted 3rd edition

Started by HairyHeretic, April 20, 2016, 02:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

..is now up to buy on DriveThruRPG

I know Exalted has a decent following here, so anyone aiming to start a game up?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Pumpkin Seeds

HairyHeretic

Planning to run anything? :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Pumpkin Seeds

AndyZ

Interested in playing, but I don't really understand this new system nearly well enough to try to GM it yet.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

hellrazoromega

I would love a 3rd ed game. Despite some misgivings I am actually liking the new system, at least on paper and would love to play some to see it in action.

HairyHeretic

I know we would have a few interested in playing, but we lack the all important GM :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Pumpkin Seeds

Always seems to be a limiting factor.

Muse

If you get one and still have space, please let me know. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Laughing Hyena

0_0 3rd edition is out!? *impulse buy the hardcover!*

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 23, 2016, 09:56:04 PM
0_0 3rd edition is out!? *impulse buy the hardcover!*
It is! and it is a beast of a book!!

hellrazoromega

Oh for sakes Pete, I have the kernel of an idea in my head for a 3rd ed game let me mull it over and I might be persuaded to run one.

HairyHeretic

I have an Eclipse who can probably talk you into it ;) . What's the idea?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

hellrazoromega

Well it is in the very early stages, so nothing is set in stone or ready to post an interest thread. The idea involves a group of reasonable newly Exalted Solars who have been dreaming about a location in the jungles of the southeast. Said location being the hidden tomb of a Circle slain shortly after the Usurpation. Said Solars were buried in the tomb they had prepared for their eventual demise (something they did not expect for many centuries to come) so as not to anger their ghosts. However, with the Usurpation this Circle who was not at the great convocation made some last minute tweaks knowing their ends were drawing near.

Fate and circumstance would lead the newly minted Solars to arrive at said location and almost exactly the same time---because without coincidence most epic fantasy just would never be. The resonance of this exact set of Solar Essenses being the "key" needed to unlock the tomb revealing some goodies and secrets for the Solars to ferret out and from there said adventure would ensure.

And no, said Circle need not be a Perfect Circle.

HairyHeretic

Sounds a reasonable start. I've always enjoyed playing around in the Scavanger Lands myself.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Muse

Ooh, nice! 

I hope you have room for me.  : )
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Muse on May 26, 2016, 10:04:54 PM
  Ooh, nice! 

I hope you have room for me.  : )

I should think so.

Give me a but to iron out some details and I can put up and interest thread. By the end of this weekend at the latest, sooner if all goes well.

HairyHeretic

I think it safe to say the interest is already there :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

hellrazoromega

Quote from: HairyHeretic on May 27, 2016, 03:41:52 PM
I think it safe to say the interest is already there :)

lol looks like.

I have put up a thread in the GMs seeking player section and all here are invited. PM me if you want a link.

Plot Hooks

Heh.   I've been running a meatspace game for some time now. You guys are gonna love it when you find the GM.
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A

AndyZ

Quote from: Plot Hooks on June 16, 2016, 03:14:08 PM
Heh.   I've been running a meatspace game for some time now. You guys are gonna love it when you find the GM.

If you decide to run for the forums, I hope I can get in, even if it's just a carbon copy of the game you ran in meatspace.

Plot Hooks

I'd love to run one, but I really don't have the time these days :C
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A