Pathfinder: Heaven's Fall (Recruitment)

Started by Purple Dusk, January 26, 2015, 12:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dynamod

Question!
Does extra-dimensional space protect the contents from exposure to the elements, such as water or fireballs? (yes, Fireballs is an element)

VonDoom

Yes. They're on a different plane.

Of course, if the accessing container gets destroyed, THEN you have a problem.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Blinkin

Which is where that fireball becomes a bit nasty as you watch your handy haversack or bag of holding burn... muhahaha

I remember a AD&D 2nd ed. game many, many years ago inwhich one of our players had a dwarf who took greed to a whole new level. He had a bag of holding, and seemed to never have any coinage, no matter what we got as loot, when it came time to replace things, get rooms in an inn, etc, his donations to a party fund was always a lot more coming out than going in. The players knew this, the characters knew this, but ultimately couldn't do anything about it. The two rules that my games live by (You don't steal from companions, and you don't try to kill companions) pretty much meant that we just forced him to pay for his own stuff... which somehow he always managed to not do.

The DM got annoyed about this after several months and one night, had a thief steal the bag of holding, along with the thousands in gold, gems and general loot that the dwarf had snuck in over the adventure. The dwarf gave chase, but an accidental fireball from our wizard cooked the thief, and the bag as we all tried to stop him... No more gold, no more gems, no more "borrowed" food from inns and so on. Admittedly, at the time, I didn't think that a fireball could harm a bag-of-holding, but I was wrong. I actually felt bad for turning the greedy bastard into a palper... for a few minutes.

The dwarf, of course, found the bag of holding after his backpack, stuffed to bursting with gold coins, dropped the bag one time too many and the sides split out of it... on a city street... so what little he recovered went into buying a very expensive bag of holding... which got stolen and burned. Did the dwarf learn a lesson? What do you think? ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Dynamod

hmm yeah I don't think I'll be bringing my whole supply of black powder in the danger zone... maybe have a pack animal Carry it.

well that is if I getto play gunslinger. my other character idea was the play a Golem like brawler. the imagery of a non human creature fighting until its body parts start breaking down is really evoking.

Blinkin

Poor horse... one flaming fart and all you'll find is some burning glue on the ground.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Dynamod on January 27, 2015, 09:57:50 AM
hmm yeah I don't think I'll be bringing my whole supply of black powder in the danger zone... maybe have a pack animal Carry it.

well that is if I getto play gunslinger. my other character idea was the play a Golem like brawler. the imagery of a non human creature fighting until its body parts start breaking down is really evoking.

Well there's always Masaki... I'm not like weighing him down with anything So he has something like 1200+ lbs of carry weight before hes maxed out... XD

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Blinkin

How much powder are you expecting to need? A couple of pounds should do you for weeks. The average load for a breach loading pistol is only about an ounce, usually less.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Dynamod

Quote from: Blinkin on January 27, 2015, 09:49:10 AM
Did the dwarf learn a lesson? What do you think? ;)
well dwarves only care about metal and Rare stones. that's why they never bathe... probably deserved it, but I doubt he learned a lesson.

(...crap i shouldnt say that!)

...well, I hope he did! if not, I'll make sure to learn from his mistakes For him

Callie Del Noire

Heh. Half tempted to offer up a Kitsune 'Minder'. Multi tail Kitsune Fighter (Archer)

Dynamod

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 27, 2015, 10:08:40 AM
Well there's always Masaki... I'm not like weighing him down with anything So he has something like 1200+ lbs of carry weight before hes maxed out... XD

Well, if i happen to be on equal ground as masaki in the heirarchy, i  think his holding my supplies would cause problems, totem pole wise. If not, then that would be fine too :3c kobold gear is half weight i believe
Quote from: Blinkin on January 27, 2015, 10:13:57 AM
How much powder are you expecting to need? A couple of pounds should do you for weeks. The average load for a breach loading pistol is only about an ounce, usually less.
well, considering the a quiver holds 30 arrows usually... I need enough power for at least that many regular bullets, plus any specialty cartridges I plan to carry,and that's just for the first excursion.if we make this a regular thing I'll need to keep a supply of black powder on hand for when I run low. The stuff isn't exactly common. a keg carries a hundred doses though.

be right back going to go eat and then head home and once I'm on my computer I'll do some real updates.

Callie Del Noire

Trying to figure a 'why' for her presence. Possibly as the hand of a lord of some sort who is looking for a way to influence the consortiums or such? Or just a bored dilettante looking for adventure. FYI wasn't sure if Rich Parents was kosher so haven't added it in yet.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Jess Le Rue
Female kitsune fighter 5 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Race Guide 192)
NG Medium humanoid (kitsune, shapechanger)
Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +4
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 20, touch 14, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 39 (5d10+5)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1 (+1 vs. fear)
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee boar spear +6 (1d8+1) or
   club +6 (1d6+1) or
   dogslicer +6 (1d6+1/19-20) or
   bite +1 (1d4)
Ranged +1 adaptive darkwood composite longbow +10/+10 (1d8+4/×3)
Special Attacks weapon training (bows +1)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 5th; concentration +7)
   3/day—dancing lights
   2/day—charm person (DC 14), disguise self, misdirection
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 12, Dex 18, Con 13, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 14
Base Atk +5; CMB +6; CMD 20
Feats Magical Tail x3 [ARG], Point-blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot
Traits dangerously curious, deadeye bowman
Skills Acrobatics +9, Climb +5, Craft (bows) +5, Linguistics +3, Perception +4, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Use Magic Device +11; Racial Modifiers +2 Acrobatics
Languages Common, Sylvan, Varisian
SQ armor training 1, change shape, kitsune magic
Combat Gear arrow, durable (20), arrow, durable (30), blunt arrows, durable (20), blunt arrows, durable (30), potion of cure light wounds (2), potion of protection from evil (2), wand of abundant ammunition (50 charges), wand of gravity bow (50 charges), raining arrow (5), slow burn arrow (2), splintercloud arrow (5), tangleshot arrow (2); Other Gear +1 mithral chain shirt, mwk buckler, +1 adaptive darkwood composite longbow, boar spear, club, dogslicer, efficient quiver, handy haversack, ioun torch ioun stone, bandolier, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, grappling arrow, ink, black, inkpen, journal, mess kit, spider's silk rope (50 ft.), trail rations (3), waterskin, whetstone, 142 gp, 5 sp, 8 cp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Change Shape (Su) Assume a single human form.
Deadeye Bowman When using a longbow, your target is denied the soft cover AC bonus from one creature.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into melee.
Rapid Shot You get an extra attack with ranged weapons. Each attack is at -2.
Wand of abundant ammunition (50 charges) Add this item to create a wand of a chosen spell.
Wand of gravity bow (50 charges) Add this item to create a wand of a chosen spell.
Weapon Training (Bows) +1 (Ex) +1 Attack, Damage, CMB, CMD with Bows
--------------------

OyabunKobold

Quote from: LSWSjr on January 26, 2015, 07:20:49 PM
+Kassey's Character Sheet+
If someone could check Kassey's sheet (I'm still making the transition from 3.5), I'd really appreciate it

Well looking it over heres a few things to start with.

- Your Shield and your armor aren't fully filled out the Shield is missing the max dex and speed and the armor is missing speed (even if they don't change it messes with the sheet a tad in other places if not filled out like for example your AC is 1 short because the dex isnt being read.)

- Your armor type would be considered Light also changes some things on the sheet

- you have 5 skill points over what you can have for your class. 2 +int = 4 + 1 for fast learner so 5 the fast learner counts for your favored class

- (not really wrong but some advice) might want to spend a few more of your gold on things like wands or something like that. Wands can be bought via per charge at 15 gp X Spell level X caster level (ie for a Sorcerer to make a wand of fireball its 15 x 3 x 6 or 270 gp per charge)

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Dynamod on January 27, 2015, 11:00:09 AM
Well, if i happen to be on equal ground as masaki in the heirarchy, i  think his holding my supplies would cause problems, totem pole wise. If not, then that would be fine too :3c kobold gear is half weight i believe well, considering the a quiver holds 30 arrows usually... I need enough power for at least that many regular bullets, plus any specialty cartridges I plan to carry,and that's just for the first excursion.if we make this a regular thing I'll need to keep a supply of black powder on hand for when I run low. The stuff isn't exactly common. a keg carries a hundred doses though.

be right back going to go eat and then head home and once I'm on my computer I'll do some real updates.

You know if you have access to the Ultimate Equipment guide, there are two very nice bandoliers for gunslingers. the benefitial and endless bandoliers

Blinkin

Making some minor edits to the character sheet, I'll PM the updated and completed sheet tonight. I think it's all correct, but if anything jumps out, let me know.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

LSWSjr

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 27, 2015, 11:40:02 AM
- you have 5 skill points over what you can have for your class. 2 +int = 4 + 1 for fast learner so 5 the fast learner counts for your favored class
I thought it would be Class Base of 2 + Intellect Modifier of 2 + Human Racial Trait Skilled for 1 + Favoured Class (with Fast Learner) for 1 (plus 1 HP) = 6 Skill ranks per level?

Thanks for your comments, I'll fix the sheet once I've woken up properly :-)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Blinkin

Fighter gets: 2 skill points per level:
Int mod (13-14) gets you 2 skill points
Human gets you 1 skill point
Fast Learner gets you the option of 1 skill point (or 1 favored class feature+1 skill point, 1 skill point and 1 HP or 1 HP and 1 feature)

S... 2+2+1+1=6 per level.

I didn't count the skill points spent, just offering the correct math. I love Fast Learner. :)

And, if you can tell me where this quote comes from, I'll give you a lollipop!

The game's up, Scarlet. There are no more bullets left in that gun.

"Oh, come on, you don't think I'm gonna fall for that old trick? "

"It's not a trick. There was one shot at Mr. Boddy in the Study; two for the chandelier; two at the Lounge door and one for the singing telegram. "

"That's not six. "

"One plus two plus two plus one. "

"Uh-uh, there was only one shot that got the chandelier. That's one plus two plus *one* plus one. "

"Even if you were right, that would be one plus one plus two plus one, not one plus *two* plus one plus one. "

" Okay, fine. One plus two plus one... Shut up! The point is, there is one bullet left in this gun and guess who's gonna get it! "

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: LSWSjr on January 27, 2015, 12:00:51 PM
I thought it would be Class Base of 2 + Intellect Modifier of 2 + Human Racial Trait Skilled for 1 + Favoured Class (with Fast Learner) for 1 (plus 1 HP) = 6 Skill ranks per level?

Thanks for your comments, I'll fix the sheet once I've woken up properly :-)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Oh yeah your right I forgot about the Skilled trait... so never mind on the skills part the other one is a quick fix other than that it looks good... I'm not sure about the spells though cause I'm not sure if you get the extra 10 spells like i do.

I think clerics get to choose from all the spells each day they don't have restrictions to what is considered a known spell and what is not. but dont quote me on that.

Purple Dusk

Seems like everyone has taken care of each others queries, so great teamwork everyone!  I'll be letting the recruitment period go on for a few more days, say up to Friday, before making final decisions regarding character choices.

Whilst any character is fine for this one shot adventure, it should be noted that if we do go on for a campaign, I'd recommend humanoid characters (or those who can pass for one), simply because they'll be the one's to get the most out of it (mainly because it's what I'm most familiar with).

Quote from: Dynamod on January 26, 2015, 09:17:48 PM
Purple, how do you feel about firearms? can I draw up a bushwacker? they seem to be a good blend of nervous bravery a clanless kobold would need to become an adventurer.
Gunslingers are fine, therefore Bushwackers are fine as well, Dynamod - go right ahead!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on January 27, 2015, 12:12:33 PM
Fighter gets: 2 skill points per level:
Int mod (13-14) gets you 2 skill points
Human gets you 1 skill point
Fast Learner gets you the option of 1 skill point (or 1 favored class feature+1 skill point, 1 skill point and 1 HP or 1 HP and 1 feature)

S... 2+2+1+1=6 per level.

I didn't count the skill points spent, just offering the correct math. I love Fast Learner. :)

Almost every one of my human PCs in PFS has it along with Ecletic for the multiclassers among them.

And.. a clue reference.. yay!

Feycromancer

I was curious if this game was looking for more players :0 I would very much like to play a monk in this game.

Purple Dusk

Quote from: Feycromancer on January 27, 2015, 02:55:26 PM
I was curious if this game was looking for more players :0 I would very much like to play a monk in this game.
As mentioned I'm going to choose 5 characters by Friday for this game, so feel free to come up with one to put up that I can take a look over!

LSWSjr

So potentially we have a tank, some melee and ranged DPT, a caster and a healer.  We could use some stealth, but the Monk should be able to handle that :-)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Feycromancer

Name: Greil Reefsong
Class: Monk of the iron mountain 5
Traits: Auspicious tatoo, deft dodger , Reactionary, Vain

Sex: Male

Description of physicality:
Standing tall at 6'3 and just as broad, At 1st glance all you would notice is a middle aged man covered in primitive cyan tattoos, jagged circles trace his muscles on his abdomen and colored band encircle is arms and legs depicting waves and sea creatures. The entirety of if back is filled in with a coal and brown design that mimics a turtles shell. His rugged angular face untouched except a thick black 3rd eye has been tattoo'd in the center of his forehead drawing attention away from his baldness. He would be quite handsome in any other circumstance, his emerald eye's have all the luster of youth despite the lines beginning to appear in his face and the depth of his voice.

Personality:
Hes adamant by default, tho hes certainly no mute. He has devoted his life to the teachings of Irori, of self perfection. He has prejudice against the weak who are for the sake of, weak. He has quite the sense of humor for a monk who has spent alot of his life in solidarity. The worship of Irori hasn't made him give up on much in the way of indulgence, tho he is very reserved in any form of excessiveness. He does enjoy a good drink. He is firm in his morality, honor and self respect being next to godliness.

Background:
Greil is a product of self enlightenment, as a very young boy he traveled aboard a ship merchanting with his father and he enjoyed it for the most part. Until pirates attacked, and took everyone prisoner and sunk their vessel and told everyone on board to welcome to the crew. Having fled at the 1st port they stopped at leaving his father behind, he was taken in at a Irori monastery. Took to the path of self perfection and set out to prove himself by tracking down the pirates that had captured his father and bringing them to justice and finding out his fathers fate in the process, Was grievously injured and marooned on a large island. Tribal islanders took him in and recuperated him, he exchanged his knowledge for theres and they tattoo'd him over the years as he lived with them. Eventually parted ways with them after enduring a great storm, using debris to craft a small raft, he traveled back to mainland with renewed vigor.

Stats, Abilities, Equipment

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
HP: 48 (5 from human levels, 5 from toughness)
AC: 19
Spd: 40ft
Init: +4

Str: 16 +3
Dex: 14 +2
Con: 14 +2
Int: 10
Wis: 16 +3
Cha:  8 -1

Fort: +6
Ref:  +7
will: +8

Acrobatics (Dex)            4
Climb (Str)                 1
Craft (Int)
Escape Artist (Dex)         1
Intimidate (Cha)
Knowledge (history) (Int)
Knowledge (religion) (Int)
Perception (Wis)            4
Perform (Cha)
Profession (Wis)
Ride (Dex)
Sense Motive (Wis)          1
Stealth (Dex)               5
Swim (Str)                  3

Feats:

Improved grapple
Dodge* +1 AC against designated target.
Snapping turtle style* +1 to shield ac with free hand
Snapping turtle clutch* Bonus AC goes to CMD and Touch AC, when an opponent misses you, immediate action to grapple at -2
Snapping turtle Shell* shield boost is now +2, -4 to confirm criticals on me

Class abilities:
1d8 unarmed strike damage, Improved unarmed strike
Stunning fist* 5 uses, causes fatigue, stun for 1 round (DC15)
Manuever training* uses level instead of bab for CMB
flurry of blows +3/+3
Purity of body* immune to disease
Still mind* +2 against enchantment spells

Ki pool 4 points

Make one additional attack at his highest attack bonus when making a flurry of blows attack, or
    Increase his speed by 20 feet for 1 round, or
    Give himself a +4 dodge bonus to AC for 1 round.
    Treat unarmed attacks as magic weapons
Equipment:
cloak of resistance +2
Amulet of mighty fist +1
Bracers of armor +2

LSWSjr

Done-ish, still looking at other expendable items (potions, scrolls, wands etc) she could buy :-)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Autocad

Here's my application in progress, character sheet except for gear: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1109316

Feasts-On-The-White's-Liver "Vivian DeWheatley"
Female Mermaid Heavy Metal Chaotic Neutral BloodRager

Description: A mermaid with the upper body of an amazon warrioress and a long, almost serpentine tail. On land she usually carries herself between six to seven feet tall. She wears a royal-looking diadem upon her head and wields a trident with three wickedly sharp points. Her voice is clear, melodious and authoritative, with a singing voice to make a siren envious.

Personality: Cynical, easily angered, and used to getting her way. But behind that exterior is an extremely driven and calculating princess-in-exile, who is slowly setting pieces into motion as part of a master plan to serve revenge, very cold.

Background: Born (or hatched?) to the chief of a tribe of mermaid barbarians, she proved her ferocity and martial prowess at a young age. At her coming-of-age ceremony she killed a great white shark and devoured its liver, an impressive task that earned her the name "Feasts-On-The-White's-Liver". At the same time she possessed a singing voice that few mortals, merfolk or otherwise, could match. Skilled in both the ways of war and peace and considered by all her subjects to be the herald of a coming golden age for her tribe, she never had the chance to inherit her birthright as the rightful heir to the chiefdom of her tribe. On the night of a sacred feast, a raiding part of Sahuagin launched a cowardly raid on her tribe, either killing or enslaving all the mermaids in the tribe except for her - and she herself only escaped a similar fate thanks to the sacrifices of her most faithful friends and bodyguards with whom she had grown up with.

Homeless, tribeless and friendless, she formed a plan to wreak vengeance upon the Sahuagin, but she knew she would only be able to do it with lots of help. So she took on the dangerous life of an adventurer, and the name of "Vivian DeWheatley" as a corruption of her true name, to find the fame and fortune she would need to return to the waters of her birthplace with an army at her back to bring long-delayed an long-deserved justice upon her old foes. The sea was too dangerous for her to seek her fortune there, her status as the last of her tribe making her an even greater prize for the evil hunters eager to get their webbed hands on her, forcing her to take up her travels upon dry land. She still sings her songs in the dark watches of the night, singing of the sorrows and remembrances of friends and family lost, to carry over the winds to wherever their spirits now dwell.