Re:Roman Camp Half-Blood: Looking for more Demigods! Roman Myth based game!

Started by Aiden, June 19, 2011, 12:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurvyKitten

Page bump, Yeah still looking for a few good male campers to help fill out the roster. So like Aiden said if your interested just PM Him or Kendra. Honestly it's worth it, so far it's pretty awesome.

Kendra

The game is still in its early days so it's pretty easy to get stuck in.
For those who aren't aware of the plot line involved, it's based on the Percy Jackson books but the one regarding the Roman camp. It hasn't actually been published yet so we've taken liberties of course with it but have tried to keep it as true as we possibly could to the universe that Rick Riordan created.

Basically it is a camp for demigods.
So pick a Roman god from the list ...

Jupiter quota filled
Neptune  quota filled
Mars:
Juno: 
Venus:
Pluto:  -- one more allowed
Vesta:
Vulcan:
Minerva:
Mercury:
Apollo:
Diana:
Ceres:
Cupid:
Discordia:
Mors:
Rivalitas:
Sol:
Faunus:
Proserpina:
Bacchus:
Janus:
Iris:
Somnos:
Trivia:
Saturn:
Terra:
Ops:
Juvantas:
Somnia:
Fortuna:
Flora:

This is a link to the list of powers available for the 'main gods' if using any of the lesser gods, you'll have to do a bit of research. LINK to god powers

If you've questions in relation to a character you'd like to create or any thing regarding the game but don't want to post it here by all means pm myself or Aiden. We're happy to answer any queries.

There's plenty of action in this, monsters and quests and training galore so if it's a plot fueled game you are seeking then this is definitely it.
If you still want romance and/or sex driven plots then I'm sure the opportunity will arise.

For now we are top heavy with female characters and though we have plenty of males we would like more ... lots more  >:)

Aiden

Still looking, have lots of lovely ladies who outnumber our males characters.

Josietta

This is a great game and a perfect time to get involved as things are just warming up!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Aiden

Yep, the first threat has been presented to the camp!

Kuroneko

I'll make another male character, Aiden.  I have him all worked out in my head, I just need to write him down ;).
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Aiden

Josietta

Zombies + DemiGods + hot chicks = a damn fun game!  Come join our mayhem!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Alsheriam

Hello! I've been massively AFK since last Nov/Dec and I reckon this game should help me get into things once again. Popped in seeing that there's a need for new male members, and I'm interested but I'm not sure how I should go about things.

First things first though... are there any demigods who aren't taken yet? It's a bit tough to keep track of it all.
A/A

Aiden

Hey Alsheriam,
This would be the best place to start.

Character Sheets/Demigod Powers

It has links to all current players and any other questions you can ask me or Kendra or anyone in the OOC, we are a very chatty bunch.

We have an even spread of Demigods, the Main three are the only ones we are not excepting new children for (Except for a child of Neptune).

Alsheriam

A/A

Alsheriam

Name: Andrew Petry Exum
God or Goddess Parent: Minerva
Claimed or Unclaimed: Claimed
Fatal Flaw: Emotionally Oblivious
Background: Andrew grew up as an Army brat drifting from one base to another all over the world, or just alone when his father was deployed to combat zones. He has always lived alone with his father, a Major looking forward to getting promoted to Lieutenant-Colonel at his desk job. Dad, or otherwise known as Major Thomas Exum to his subordinates was not always a rear echelon paper-pusher; it was during his eighth tour in the war where he and his platoon were pinned down within a compound in enemy territory. He noticed a grenade landing at his feet, and attempted to toss it out of range. Just as the good then-Captain released the grenade, it detonated, removing all tissue under the elbow. The Army gave him a Silver Star for his action, and rather than sacking all the other officers during the en-masse drawdown one year later, the Army gave him a desk job in order to save face.

What about little Andrew? He never had any time nor opportunity to establish any long-lasting friendships in school - moving states every year or two made sure of that. In place of spending time with friends he found solace in his books, and sought the approval and appreciation he never received from the always-absent Dad from his teachers and advisers. Andrew had always held Dad in his mind as the Macho Daddy who could beat everyone else's. Major Exum's presence at the annual Bring Your Dad To Work days at school convinced the schoolyard bullies to keep Andrew at arm's length, what with the good Major's ripping muscles and biceps that threatened to explode out of his uniform and the cold, icy blue stare which he distributed liberally to everyone save his only son.

Andrew was never the complainer. Following the example of his father, he never bothered to speak out about his lack of friends, nor even lack of a mother. He could never find a picture nor photograph of his mother in their belongings. Even long-abandoned photographs that he found, where Thomas' grinning angular face seemed to be posing with someone else was seemingly posing by himself like a lunatic. Was it a work of Photoshop? Andrew could never quite figure it out himself - after all, the photographs were dated on the year 1988, and Photoshop didn't exist at the time.

Life went on, and on the year Andrew headed on to college two years early, Major Exum came home with an amputated arm and shortly had in its place a robotic prosthetic hand. While the Army officer may have been broken in body, he was not in spirit. Yet, he could not last for long... with Andrew out of the house and the former combat officer faced with the day-to-day tedium of shuffling papers around, the prosthetic hand constantly reminded himself of his disability. Depression steadily turned into despair, and in the routine phone calls to his son he never let slip to Andrew of his deteriorating condition.

Meanwhile, at college, Andrew was a habitual overachiever. His classmates thought of him as an oddball, given the way he constantly cooped himself up in his own dorm room like a recluse. The girls found him cute but were instantly put off by his cold shoulder and lack of ability to engage in any form of small talk. Professors found it odd that Andrew spent more time with them than his own classmates, but paid no heed to it given the straight As he scored. Earning his Bachelor's in three years was an effortless breeze to him and he was beginning work on his Master's thesis when his life turned to hell instantaneously.

Nobody could tell for sure how or why Major Exum died. Was it suicide, or was it a result of foul play? Andrew was shattered when he heard the news. Halfway between tears and screaming rage, he stepped out of his dormitory hall for some fresh air, and immediately he could feel that something was amiss. The air grew abruptly chilly in the midst of a stickily hot and humid midsummer's night, and where the campus grounds were usually well-lit, the lights abruptly snapped off. Footsteps were heard in the far distance and several shadowy figures approached him from the hall. His instincts kicked in right away, and fled in a terrified flight.

He knew not where he was running to, or why. Something told him that he had to run, and his typically rational and calm self gave in to panic and simply shied away from wherever the shadowy figures were appearing. The campus surroundings led to suburbia, which steadily led to the woods. By then, fatigue was catching up with him, and so were the mysterious figures. It was finally when he reached the camp's entrance and dived past the posts - hair's lengths from captivity by the figures did he find safety, and discovered the equally mysterious camp.

Weapon or Skill: An untrained civilian, Andrew is well-schooled in military doctrine and history. He was head-hunted by the Army Training and Doctrine Command whilst preparing his Master's thesis and has been showing promise as a brilliant strategist.

Gamer: Alsheriam

Future Goals: It's highly likely that Andrew will want to know the cause behind his father's death. He's dead sure that suicide was not the reason and is determined to discover the truth.

Fears: Dating, Disapproval by senior figures, violence, forced social interaction

Likes: Books, a proper philosophical discussion, knowledge, intelligence, solace

Dislikes: Jocks, meatheads, bullies, vapidity
A/A

midnight diamond

Huzzah! We have fresh meat, I mean a new victim slave player! ;D

Alsheriam

A/A

Aiden

The sheet looks good.

It is normal for the kids to be dropped off at the camp at age 2 and trained all their lives, BUT, when this game began we have the option of having fully grown campers arrive at the camp much to the disapproval of the Camp Director, the Lupa. You do not need to add this into your background if you wish but a Fawn (Satyr) disguised as a friend, teacher, etc might have also protected him over his young life since monsters stalking demigods would have been common once they catch the scent.

I think the best way to get you into the game is after the starting events but you would be unclaimed, we have a few unclaimed kids and eventually they all we be claimed by their godly parents and even meet them.

A doctor type would do well, since we have plenty of injured and he could have been led to the camp (By a fawn) and have to deal with the shock of being a demigod, monsters and a massive wolf who would most likely not like him only because she did not raise him from a young age.

Feel free to post the sheet in the character thread and if you need help transitioning into the game, let any of us know.

Alsheriam

A Fawn sounds good, but most likely one whom Andrew doesn't know at all. He'd probably realize that he'd had a Fawn all his life who adopted various identities as a teacher, professor and/or academic adviser all his life.

The sheet transplanting should be easy, but it'd be lovely to have someone help me with filling me in what the heck had been going on since... or I could go the old-fashioned way and read everything
A/A

1SAZ

Figured asking before submitting a sheet would be a better idea, so with that said, are you still looking for players?

Aiden

Yep, we are still accepting a few more players.

Aiden

Recruitment closing soon, looking for a few more who wish to join the game before we close recruitment until the current story arcs come to an end.

Josietta

Recruitment is still open!! Bring in your demigods!! We have an awesome group and are having tons of fun! Come join us! Get in on the action!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Aiden

VincentD

*Sigh* What are you trying to do, make me some kind of RP stalker??? o.0  You would pick one of the universes I've grown to love. Bah, I'll get started on reading the rp and thinking up a demigod...which gods/goddesses are under represented?
Shall I be your cultured monster, haughty fool or perhaps the savage demon hidden behind a pretty face is more to your wicked liking? Let us dance in sun drenched glades or battle in dark, lost mines...what to do, what to do? Flip a coin and close your eyes

This is my intro questionnaire post thing: Please don't hold it against me! ^_^

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=112304.0

Aiden

Hah, coincidental I assure you.

We have a decent spread of everything, Mars has 2 (one unclaimed and one claimed but not very active) but I have plot openings for a claimed son if you wish that route. (Claimed)

A son of Neptune slot is open (claimed or unclaimed)

The other big 3 are closed since we are full.

Vulcan has 3 children but we all know Children of Vulcan are badasses, but all the other god/ddess are open.

Here is the character list with links

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=110888.msg4814982#msg4814982

If you want to read up, start at the Forum, then move to "No Man's Land" then to the coliseum. That is the progression of the plot since we began.

VincentD

Hmmm, I have a character idea in mind, but I'm trying to decide if Mars or Neptune would work better. I'll think it over while I tackle this mountain of laundry and get back to you later today after I've read some of the rp. 
Shall I be your cultured monster, haughty fool or perhaps the savage demon hidden behind a pretty face is more to your wicked liking? Let us dance in sun drenched glades or battle in dark, lost mines...what to do, what to do? Flip a coin and close your eyes

This is my intro questionnaire post thing: Please don't hold it against me! ^_^

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=112304.0

Josietta

*waves to Vincent* Please do come play with us!! We'd love to have you!!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas