Where to start?

Started by atlantaline, May 11, 2012, 06:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atlantaline

Hi there. I'm new, and you can call me Tannii. I've just recently joined, but I don't know where to start! I'm looking for anything light, maybe dipping slightly into bdsm and such, but at the moment I can't seem to find somewhere to start. Does anyone have any suggestions? Boys, girls, in between, I'm not picky, I just need somewhere to start! I'm a seasoned roleplayer, and just need a kickstart in a new place like this...

Help?
My ons/offs for YOUR conveniance and pleasure~ https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=139820.0

Silverfyre

Hello there, Tannii.

Welcome aboard!  Hopefully I can help you with this and if you continue to have some questions, feel free to ask here or your mentors, Martee and Nicholas.  We mentors are here for such things and are more than happy to answer any questions you might have! :)

I do recommend starting by filling out your O/O matrix as your first step.  From there, if you're looking to RP, I'd say you can look over the current Wanted forums (One-on-One, Group, or Non-Forum- whatever you style is) or post to them with your own ideas. 

To set your role playing preferences, visit the ons/offs page. To learn how to complete the page, visit the quick primer thread.

To create an on/offs thread, visit the appropriate board for either Lords, Ladies, or Lieges. Start a new thread and list your ons and offs. Check out those listed to get some examples. Then, visit your forum profile and add the link to your signature.

Most members prefer to be initially contacted by PM, but some prefer to be contacted via IM or by posting to the thread.  It’s always best to read a Wanted post carefully to know what your possible partner would like.  It’s also a good idea to read over a member’s O/O’s to get to know them better before you contact him or her.  First impressions are always important, and contacting a potential partner in their prefer way while already being familiar with their O/O’s is a great way to put your best foot forward!

Don't overlook the One Shot Stories forum! It's a nice place to start a quick scene or try something new in a play by post.  I consider it a semi-hidden secret of E as it’s often overlooked as a great place to find quick ideas to play out on the site.

Another good way to find RP partners is simply by making friends!  I'd recommend to start getting in the conversations in On Topic, Good & Cuddly, Bad & Ugly, or Ladies Only.  There's always the Forum Games and Adult Socializing boards for getting to know people, too.

E is pretty big, and I know it can seem intimidating at first.  Just settle into boards where you feel comfortable and make them your neighborhood.      I will always be around if you have any social or technical issues, no matter how big or small.

Take care!
Best, Silver