Magic RP w/TheStampede

Started by Dani13, September 25, 2011, 04:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStampede

Audrey did not talk much while walking to the dining hall. She was having trouble deciding what to say. When she sat down, she started eating quickly. She wanted to say something cool or funny, but she couldn't think of anything.
"If you stay right where you are, then people will eventually come to you."

Dani13

Max laughed, shaking his head. "You know, it's not a competition." He took a waffle and drenched it in syrup, taking a bite. "What's got you all bothered?" he asked as he ate.

TheStampede

"Just nervous," she replied. "It's the first day of classes." She tought quietly for a moment. "And there's no telling what our teachers will be expecting us to know. I mean at least you used to this stuff. What if I'm...no good." Audrey blushed furiously. She had not meant t say has much as she had. What would Max think of her freaking out like this.

Dani13

Max nodded thoughtfully. "No one's 'no good'. You either have it or you don't. And the fact that you're here means you got it." He smiled at her, patting her shoulder. "Don't worry so much," he said as their head of house passed out the schedule. "They don't expect everyone to know everything the first day." He looked at the schedule. "Sweet, Potions."

TheStampede

Audrey looked at her schedule. That morning they had double Potions with the Hufflepuffs, and then they had lunch. That afternoon they had Charms, and History of Magic.

"And Charms after lunch." She let out a sigh. "Well, I guess we'll know how good I am soon enough."

Dani13

Max wanted to clap her on the shoulder like he used to do to his cousin, who was also prone to tearing down his own will, but he didn't think she'd like him smacking her so he just placed his hand on her shoulder. "You'll do find. It'll be fun! Or so says my mom, but then again she was a wiz in Charms." He chuckled.

After they were done eating, they followed behind the other Ravenclaws so that they wouldn't get lost on the way to the potions. He looked warily down the stairs. "It's in the dungeons?"

TheStampede

Audrey placed her hand on his shoulder. "Nervous are you?"

They both looked at each other and both gave a small laugh. They walked down into the dungeons, which where rather creepy, and found themsleves standing outside the class room door with the other students.

"Well, this is the class you were so excited about," Audrey said to Max

They heard the door slowly open.

OOG: are we just going to use the same teachers as those in the books?

Dani13

Max looked up as Professor Snape opened the door, his cape billowing behind him. On anyone else this would have been completely funny and weird, but Max had a feeling that if he laughed something BAD would happen. "Well? Don't just stand there all day." Snape snapped at them, forcing all the 1st years to scramble inside. Max sat next to Audrey in a middle desk. He looked over at the cauldron that had yet to be used.

OOG: Um...Yeah, Snape and all them, yeah. Who else but Snape can strike fear into the hearts of students? except McGonnagel. But...for DADA I think we should use someone new, like Lupin (a werewolf) but not him. This isn't with Harry so Lupin wouldn't be at Hogwarts. That and

TheStampede

Snape started class by taking roll, and then going into a long winded speech about how difficult Potions was going to be. He ended the speech with "I can teach you to bottle fame, brew glory, and even stopper death - if you aren't as a big a bunch of idiots as I usually have to teach."

Audrey was shaking slightly after hearing this speech. Snape's eyes instantly focused on her.

"Reed! Where would I look if I wanted to find a bezoar."

Audrey couldn't believe she was being asked a question this early into class.

"I...I...," she was barely able to speak.

Dani13

Max leaned slightly, his movement barely seen as he whispered gently, "Goat." and motioned at his stomach. Either he was a really good actor, or Snape was getting on in years, because he didn't notice...hopefully. He smiled inside at his 'spy' move.

TheStampede

Audrey suddenly remembered something she read about a stone that worked as an antidote that was found in the stomach of animals, but it was in a book of urban legends.

"I...I think you would want to look in the stomach of a goat."

"Two points from Ravenclaw," Snape said coldly. "One for Samuals helping you, and one for accepting his help. I don't suppose you have a clue what its used for."

"It's an antidote for most poisons," she said defiantly. Snape did not reply immediately, which made Audrey think that she had been wrong and had just made herself look stupid.

"Indeed it is."

Dani13

Max scowled at him as Snape wandered off to torment some poor Hufflepuffs who had just started taking notes and he was asking why weren't they taking notes before? Max huffed and turned to Audrey. "You still did good. He's just hard-up." He shook his head and pulled out some parchment to write down notes. They wouldn't make a potion today but it would be this week.

TheStampede

After class Max and Audrey walked to lunch together. She was feeling pretty down after what they went through in potions. Audrey sat down at the middle of the long Ravenclaw table. She scooping food on to her plate without really paying attention to what she was doing.

"I'm so useless," Audrey moaned. "Losing points for Ravenclaw on the first day of classes."

Dani13

Max poked her with a straw. "Hey now, everyone loses points, don't feel so down about it." He shrugged, grabbing some mashed potatoes. "Besides, you'll make it up later. Promise! We got Charms next." he said, eating a couple bites. "Eat up, I've heard History of Magic's a pure bore. That old ghost never moved on." He swallowed before moving close to her. "I heard that he fell asleep in front of the fireplace and got lit up, showed up next morning for class." he whispered.

TheStampede

Audrey inched a little closer to Max.

"That's true," she said softly. "I always liked history." Audrey ate quickly again. "Come on. Let's get to Charms early."

Max and Audrey got lost more than once on the way to charms. The castle was large and had plenty of empty rooms. They got there at the same time as the Ravenclaws. Flitwick started class by calling roll.

"Now," said Flitwick, "Who can tell me what a charm is."

Audrey and another girl across the room raised their hands.

"Charms is one of the seven known spell types," the other girls blurted out.

"Charms change or add to properties of an object. It also changes what an object does, as opposed to what an object is, like in transfiguration."

"One point to Ravenclaw for each of you. Now who can give some examples of some charms we might learn in this class."

Audrey was determined to be first this time and forwent raising her hand altogether. "There's the hover charm and the cheering charm."

The other girl was sitting with her hand in the air looking insulted. "There is also the summoning charm, banishing charm, engorgement charm, silencing charm, and the confundus charms."

"Oh my," Flitwick said. "Let's not forget to raise our hands now. Anyway, what do you say one point for each spell listed. So that would be seven points to Ravenclaw.

Dani13

Max silently laughed at Audrey's and the other girl's little battle of wits. He opened his Charms book as Flitwick told them to try the hover charm. "Remember class; swish and flick! Wingardium Leviosa!" He made the motion a few times before casting the spell on a book, making it float above the desk.

Every 1st year stared in awe before it floated back down. Feathers appeared on everyone's desk. "Now, I want you to practice everyone! Try very hard." He made the swish and flick motions before letting them at it.

Max poked the feather before shrugging. He pointed his wand, making the motion. "Wingardium Leviosa!"

TheStampede

Audrey watched Max for a minute before trying the spell herself.

"Wingardian Levioso," she said without paying much attention to what she was doing. The feather began to spin on the desk. "Oh, no. Wingardium Leviosa." The feather began to rise into the air. it continued to spin, but at a slower rate. Audrey decided to force a smile on her face. "Pretty impressive, uh?"

Dani13

Max nodded, concentrating on his rising feather. He muttered, "For the first time, yeah." He smirked and jerked his wrist, making the feather bump hers. It didn't distrupt anything but it was funny. "I poked your feather." He chuckled.

TheStampede

Audrey jabbed her index finger into Max's ribs. "And now I poked you. Want to do something about it?"

Dani13

Max smirked. "Don't make me put the babbling curse on you!" When Flitwick wasn't looking, he pushed the feather against her nose, tickling her. "There!" He chuckled before the Professor looked at the both of them oddly. He quickly got quiet.

TheStampede

Audrey just shook her head at him and concentrated on trying to get her feather to sit still. When it got close to the end of class she turned back to Max.

"I wonder who could get a hex off first. You or me?" She said snidely

Dani13

Max smirked at her. "Me of course, I know a couple." He waggled his eyebrows, joking with her. "Of course, I have heard that girls are quite scary when they cast the Bat Bogey so..." He chuckled, standing up when the Professor released them. "You could be a very frightening person on the end of a wand." He grabbed his backpack. "C'mon, let's go see the ghost Professor."

TheStampede

Professor Binns was indeed a ghost as the rumors said. He was also the most boring teacher Audrey had ever had. She always liked history in primary school, but she had never had a teacher drone on and on in a monotone. Still, she wrote down everything he said, exactly as he said it. The more she wrote, the more sure she was that in the hands of almost any other teacher, it would be one of her favorite classes.

Dani13

Max's head was bobbing up and down, his eyes heavy as the teacher kept going on in monotone. It was making him so tired. He rubbed at his eyes, trying to keep awake, but eventually his head plopped down, like most of the class, and he fell asleep to the voice of Professor Binns.

TheStampede

Audrey breathed into Max's ear multiple times until he woke up.

"Awake yet, sleepy head."

The classroom was completely empty. Audrey hadn't noticed Max had fallen asleep until Binns had dismissed the class. She decided to wait until everyone else had left to wake him up, and couldn't resist having a little fun with him.