Potential Teen Superhero Game

Started by Xerial, May 28, 2007, 10:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryvaken

...it's been a very stressful evening that very nearly involved a call to the hospital and did involve a great deal of me panicking. Quadruple digits.
In creativity, meaning.

Ajoxer

Owie, hope that everything is alright?
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Ryvaken

It is now. I have a diabetic relative. At least some of you are wincing and know exactly what happened to me tonight.
In creativity, meaning.

Ajoxer

Ow, god... Hope they'll be okay. Is it Juvenile? They're working on a cure for that which looks pretty promising...
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Ryvaken

Heh, no, senior citizen. He just got really stubborn and we didn't really know whether or not to call in the pros and let them deal with him instead.
In creativity, meaning.

Seereous

Ummm...if there is space available I would like to throw in my two cents. 

As a kid, Batman was my favorite comic book character.  You know, one of the few heroes that has no superpowers.  I also like Tony Stark aka Iron Man, because of the suit and let's just face the fact that gizmos kick ass.  I never really liked Spider Man until I did some research about spiders and found out all the cool stuff that they can do.

My proposal is to essentially have a wealthy (okay extremely wealthy) kid that uses toys and a suit of armor to portray the powers of a Spider Man esque character.  I would have to think of something else for colors, I'm leaning toward having the suit be black with some red in it somewhere in an hour glass, like the black widow spider.  Given that there is a character called the Black Widow, I'm leaning toward an equally cheesey name like Widowmaker or Recluse or something like that.  However, if I use the name Recluse, the suit would have to be a kind of brown color.

The suit would give him strength, the webs, climbing up the walls, etc; maybe even extra arms to aid him in fighting.  He would have to be somewhat athletic, maybe trained in the Brazilian art of Capoeira, which would aid him with the more acrobatic aspects of spiderdom.

Now, I know that you can't have a hero that doesn't have some sort of flaw.  His would be that he feels like the "token rich kid".  He's there because his money (aka insert rich relatives money) bought him a place on the team though he is rather talented and extremely intelligent. 

He would be rather aggressive, overly so at times, feeling that the violence would make him a more integral part of the team, making up for his lack of mutant/supernatural powers. 

There are just a few brain stormed out ideas.  Let me know what you think. ;D

Ajoxer

Ryvaken

A tad cliche, the rich gizmotist, but generally an interesting character to have around.
In creativity, meaning.

Ajoxer

I'd say we could use somebody more traditional in this team, we've got a rather eclectic group so far, heh.

MadPanda

That's putting it rather mildly, methinks.
Let's see.  Mage.  Mentalist.  Speedster (I think).  Martial Artist Death Machine.  Yeah, we're about due a Guy In Suit  ;D  We got a Brick already, right?

(dives for cover)
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

I imagine that I may be the Brick.

Rare that the Brick is the least-noticeable guy on the team. :-P.

MadPanda

Rare also that the Brick has mental powers, but it happens.  ;D

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Calling 'em mental powers is a bit of an overstatement, also.  :P

MadPanda

True, true.  We're none of us Jean Grey, Wolverine, Cyclops, THE Batman...

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

We're rather like the Teen Titans, except even more dysfunctional a family.

Valerian

Dysfunctional?  Who, us?   ;)

The more usual sorts of characters may end up seeming refreshingly different around this bunch...
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

MadPanda

Heh.
Just don't nobody try to 'borrow' my pinups of Raven and Starfire, 'kay?

;D ;D ;D

In Memory of Bishrook

Valerian

Ah, Starfire -- the only keeping that outfit together was the Comics Code.  Heh.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Ryvaken

*reverses the polarity on the Comics Code* Weapons to maximum! Full power to the forward Pervertatrons!
In creativity, meaning.

MadPanda

Pardon me while I slip out of these wet things and into a dry martini...

In Memory of Bishrook

Seereous

Quote from: Ryvaken on May 30, 2007, 11:36:55 AM
A tad cliche, the rich gizmotist, but generally an interesting character to have around.

*nods* Yeah.  It is a bit on the cliche side. 

As it appears I may have to think of something else anyway.  During the Marvel Comics Civil War line, Spider Man wore a suit of Stark Armor, much like Iron Man's, using the same powers that he already had and the spider arms and all. *sighs*  Just when I thought that I had an original idea. *laughs*  Oh well, back to the drawing board.

There's always the Hulk/Beast mix ;D.  Intelligent.  Not as strong as Hulk (few things are), but has a good deal of the acrobatic ability that Beast has.  With that, his body can take a tremendous amount of punishment.  Now, would his power manifest by will, or would be just be that way permanently? Hmmmm....

Ajoxer

Eh, I dunno- Spiderman during the Civil War was fairly different from the character you have in mind. His powers were still his own, but he had a nifty armor suit with it- I sorta like that one.

And not only because it'd usurp my status as 'Brick'. >.>

indarkestknight

Hrm... Half-demon struggling to control his powers has always been a staple of mine...