Exalted: Kawaii edition.

Started by Ajoxer, May 02, 2008, 11:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

Awwww, MAN!  Sorry to hear we lost Josh.   :(
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Aye. God willing, next time I do a game, I'll be able to be a bit better at keeping players... *knocks on wood.*
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Ajoxer

Next campaign I do, hopefully it'll work out a bit better, ey what?
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Ajoxer

From what I'm seeing quite a bit in the group make-up and all that stuff, there seems to be a strong undercurrent of feeling of very low, perhaps no combat. It might be very possible to make this game mostly freeform. Kawaii, if nothing else, is clearly more oriented towards the social stuff than the combat. We might primarily keep the combat to freeform, mostly concerning beating the everloving crap out of mooks, and remove the martial arts charms or keep them primarily for flavor and scenes of general awesome wiping out of your enemies. Would people rather see this as more freeform or system? Admittedly, I'd probably do better with the freeform, as I have more trouble figuring out system combat and such than I have with stories, heh.

Ajoxer

To clarify, with a little help from Circl, this mainly means that it'd be freeform, except for the things you're particularly specialized in. Astra's specialized in her social combat, she'd get all the satisfaction of crunching people with her superior wit and charm. Madpanda has that sneakthievery going around, he damn well gets to make sure he can put those god only knows how many dice to use. And of course, if there's a climactic combat encounter, it might be dice-wise.

We'll see what works best, aye? I've always preferred keeping things moving quickly rather than letting the dice take things over.

An advantage would also be one-on-one, preferably via IM, run-through of these things, allowing it to move pretty quickly.

Excitement she wrote, eh?

Elohim

I might want to rework my character...  she is admittedly a combat PC.  But,  I could probably have her retolled by tommarow evening.

Ajoxer

Well, focus on what feels best for you. If you wanna do combat, I can toss in a few nice encounters for you to take on. Just because Kawaii Edition doesn't go for combat entirely doesn't mean there can't be some fun combat in the game.

MadPanda

Sounds good to me (leering grin)

That is to say, mostly freeform would be fun.  And less work for Mister GM.

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

People still interested? Only gotten two character sheets out of the five so far, I'm hoping to get in touch with people to be able to better prod them. I've already talked with Circl, but I'm hoping to heckle the rest of you lazy bastards. :-p.

Elohim

Sorry I have recently just finalized my descion to play a martial artist, despite the free form nature of the game.  I'll have the sheet in soon.

MadPanda

*bounces about excitedly*

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes!

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

Actually, this is, for the most part, more directed towards Muse, and Circl to a degree. I'll have to hassle them via PMs, I suppose.  :P

Ajoxer

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=343.0

Alright, I've got our game posted up here. Exalted Kawaii 2e, Bad Gods, Fake Gods, Demi Gods, and Would-Be Gods. Why yes, I do quite love that speech from Doctor Who.

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Haibane

Oh my word! This looks so much fun! I don't know the game system at all but for this, I'll learn extra double quick! If I'm approved may I join? Please? Pretty pretty please? *does chibi kitten lip and big eyes*

Ajoxer

Astra Kiseki is dropping out, Seraph and Muse haven't gotten back to me, the only people who are remotely still in this game are Circl and MadPanda. I'm afraid I might just have to drop this due to lack of interest from people.

KHAAAAAN!

MadPanda

Muse is possibly otherwise occupied.
I can 'ask' Seraph to get off her tail end.
And we have a newbie who's interested...

In Memory of Bishrook

Ajoxer

At this point, I'm just afraid that too much interest has waned...

So, perhaps we should switch gears, and see about getting back to that old Nobilis idea. And next time I do a game like this, I'm fucking well starting an introduction thread and riding everyone's asses about the game mercilessly.

MadPanda

Thanks for the sour persimmons, cousin >_<

In Memory of Bishrook

CirclMastr

*hides from the wrath of a mad panda*
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Ajoxer

I apologize. I know you were the only person who really went into this with full enthusiasm... Ech. Again, sorries.  :(

MadPanda

I can understand your decision...

But I'm bloody annoyed!  That's a lot of time and effort down the (bleep)ing drain.

Gimme a bit to calm down, maybe.

In Memory of Bishrook