Nation RP

Started by Finny, June 08, 2016, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finny

So this probably never happened here.

Anyone interested in a nation roleplay. As in, a roleplay where you don't play as characters, but rather a nation?

Considering that pretty much all of us are new to this odd subculture from NationStates, I propose that we avoid any alternate history shenanigans and instead just start in modern day with current nations.

Players would apply as any country that exists at present date and try to lead it to victory, via military, economic or diplomatic means! Whatcha think? Are you interested?

EloquentWizard

This is an interesting idea. There is actually a comedy show, Studio C, where the characters pretend to be a country. The funniest part is that England is US's ex. It's hilarious. I don't know how good I wanna try. This will probably show my incapability with anything other than engineering and science :P.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

RubySlippers

A political game could be fun but without victory conditions after all if I took Haiti just going from a forth world to a second world nation would be huge, conquering the world wouldn't be likely.

Your idea would demand playing a major world power to win, leaving out rich RP with smaller nations, where I could for example not have much but could start with a new government with a arguable easy chance for example what if Haiti embraced modern communism and the new communist government restructured the government? Or maybe a drug cartel favoring government took over and licensed drugs as a prescription medication provided by drug traffickers for a fair tax, on terms they end violence in Haiti and work to help the country, in return for export permits for shipments packaged as medicine - not checking if the import paperwork was on the up and up. But all that money goes to help the people of Haiti big time?

If we do this I claim a little nation of my choice.  ;D