Egypt vs Rome (A period peice of lies, lust and betrayal) Interest Check

Started by JDrew Spider, May 14, 2012, 01:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDrew Spider

For a while I had this idea in my head. It's just an interest check for the time being. I'm in no rush to get it started, but I might as well get the idea out there.

This would take place during Rome's occupation of Ancient Egypt in the time of Cleopatra and Ceasar. The inspiration (not just from the obvious Cleopatra and Julius Ceasar Movies) but from those shows Rome and Spartacus with some Egyptian Culture added into it.

I want it to be plot heavy and sex heavy. After all sex will be a tool used for manipulation and power along with hidden politics. There can be romance, bloody fights,  and perhaps incestuous relations. I want this to be a focus on all of the seven sins of human nature. Lust and Pride being the biggest of the two.

So I say characters involved  will be....

Cleopatra The young queen exiled  from Alexandria by her brother and sister. She is the rightful queen of Egypt and hearing of the arrival of Cesar she schemes to use him in order to reclaim her throne.

Cesar Roman General who was sent to occupy Egypt  with several of his Generals to put a stop to Egypt's civil war. Cesar becomes infatuated with Cleopatra and schemes to use her and her country  in order to push his campaign towards building his own empire.

Arsinoe and Ptolemy Cleopatra's older sister and slightly younger brother. These two exiled their sister to the desert out of jealousy and caused a civil war. They were reputed to have an incestuous relationship. Arsinoe seeks to conquer  all of Egypt and despises the Romans though she schemes to use Caesar and his men in hopes that she will get to kill Cleopatra. Ptolemy is the current pharaoh and doesn't car about politics just as long as he get to whore around.

Marc Antony Caesar's second in command who has fallen inlove with Cleopatra and has fallen inlove with the country of Egypt. Always he remains torn between his duty and his heart.

Casius and Brutus Conspirators who seek to diminish Caesars campaign and assassinate him.

Slaves, servants and other Roman officials...
sub plots can be made for them.

So this is what I have so far to sketch out an idea two.  Suggestions and comments are welcomed.

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies