High School All Over Again

Started by studpuppy22, April 28, 2013, 05:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studpuppy22

Interested in having a live- RP about a high school. Everyone can pick their own character and live that character through the board. Everything goes on all at once. We will be starting with the first day of school a few people should start out as freshman. later on some upper class can fill in. If anyone is interested you can just jump right in. I hope it works out

** It's the beginning of a new year at Pine View high school in Florida. Everyone is hanging around outside the building talking and having fun before school begins. Talking about their summer's and how much fun this year is going to be.**

studpuppy22

*James walks out of his mothers car and steps onto the side walk. Looking up at the school that seemed to be never ending he questioned whether he would like going to high school, leaving the comfort of the younger grades behind him. He walks over and sees some of his friends and greets them*

Hey guys, what is everyone up to

* he tries to speak confidently but does not know what he is up against.  He knows that he would rather be in the comfort of his own home battling monsters and conquering lands on his computer where he believes his strength overpowers his fears*

Yuna Miya

Yuna arrives at the school for the very first time. She was a newbie and had dreaded this day ever seance her father had told her they were moving here. She felt so out of place now her clothing was so different from all the rest. Her black short skirt and soft white blouse fit her body but they made her stand out. She quickly walked towards the doors and too the safety of a empty corner just hoping not to be bothered.

studpuppy22

James was wearing his favorite brown cargo pants, a dark blue t-shirt and his dirty once white sneakers. The bell rings and the new year has begun. High school was no longer a thought of the future. Walking through the doors and into the hallway, James couldn't feel anything but confusion.  He turns his head to the right and notices a familiar face.  A girl wearing short jeans, a tie-died baggy t-shirt and black flip-flops.  "Stephanie", James says, "I have no idea where I am going". Stephanie replies, "What is your first class". James takes a glance down at his schedule that he had printed out earlier that morning. "It says Biology". Stephanie replies, "That's perfect we have the same first period class". Stephanie grabs the paper out of Jame's hand and skims the rest of the paper.  "Looks like we are going to be seeing a lot of each other this year".
Although James didn't know much more that Stephanie's name and face from being in the same middle school he all of a sudden felt a warm comfort.  James and Stephanie walked to class just moments before the second bell rings.

Yuna Miya

Yuna enter the school behind the the boy and girl fumbling along the hallway attempting to find her classroom finally finding it just as the second bell rang. She took the seat at the front next to the teachers desk.

studpuppy22

James was a very organized boy who felt he needed to be over prepared for everything he does. As class began, he had already set out a notebook and pen. The teacher calls each student up one at a time to get a textbook and as more name were called on the list James became worried because his name had not yet been called. "James Robertson", the teacher yells over the loud commotion as the rest of the class is having its own conversation. James walks up to the front of the class room and notices the last Textbook on the table.  The book was ripped at the binding and looked like it had been dropped in a puddle and run over. James asks the teacher, "Mrs. Robertson, are you sure there are not any more books left?" The teacher replies, "Sorry James, that was the last one." James, the neatest boy in the entire grade was left with the grimiest biology text book.  It was so destroyed, someone had even crossed out the word Biology and wrote "F*** this class" on it.  James returned to his seat and thought to himself. 

dougss

Elsewhere in Biology was Corey, who failed the class last time around, as he had most of his classes. He had an immaculate book, as they say, rank has its privileges. He eyed the perfect desk of James with a slight nod of understanding. It wasn't that he didn't care about school, or that he was incapable of learning, it had more to do with him being TOO smart for his own good, and not really doing any of the busywork that plagued education. He realized too late not doing busywork would only make him repeat things he already knew. Since he didn't need a book anyway, he decided to switch with James.
He taps him on the shoulder.

"Hey. Uhhhmmm.... Dude. Guy. Uhhh... you wanna trade books? I realllly don't give a crap what book I have."

Divine Brutality

Lisa sat quietly in the back of the biology classroom admiring Corey from afar. She was wearing simple blue skinny jeans and a nice dark blue blouse. Her shoulder length black hair slightly curled into a neat fashion. She didn't understand why he never seemed to notice her. after all, she was the head cheerleader on the varsity team. She pouts for a minute then forgets about Corey momentarily as she tries to understand what the biology teacher could possibly be saying..

studpuppy22

James shows Corey a look of excitement. This might be the first time James was actually happy about being in High School. "Hey, thank you" James replies. "What is your name?" James had noticed that he had never met this boy before but was to nervous to question it. He was just grateful to finally not have to worry about being able to read the pages in the disaster of a book he had just given off to Corey.

dougss

Handing James the book, Corey replied "I'm Corey. I'm technically a Sophomore, but I have all Freshman classes. Well, I passed English and Band. But..... 2 out of 8 isn't exactly a stellar record. Relax dude. High School is way easier than they let on. All you gotta do is keep up with the work, don't be afraid to ask for help if you fu- mess... up, and you'll be gold."

Corey stretched and caught this cheerleader staring. His first instinct was to check to see if he had something on his face. Corey was the "nerdy" type, t-shirt and jeans to school, didn't cut his hair often, overweight but built like a football player. He was into Roosterteeth and Magic: The Gathering, video games and underground music. He dabbled in music editing, but he mostly just spent his time combing the Internet for new music. Not exactly the type of person to catch the eye of popular girls, or so he thought, and that was fine by him. He didn't have a problem with dating, he just never did it. Mostly because it seemed like there was no one TO date. Girls either had boyfriends or were "out of his league" as they say.

Divine Brutality

The teacher had stopped rambling on about the course at hand and assigned a worksheet designed to help students become familiar with the text book. Lisa was chosen to pass out the papers to the class.

She approached the bar where James and Corey sat and handed them each a paper. "Hi, I'm Lisa!" She stood awkwardly for a moment wondering if the boys would say anything.

dougss

Corey accepted the paper and waved, smiling
"Hello, I'm Corey, that's James. How are you today?"

Corey leaned back in his chair, then putting on sunglasses, nudged James
"I doubt I'll be awake for this class for much longer"

Before he could fully begin to nod off, the teacher caught him.
"Corey. Glasses, off."

Divine Brutality

" Hi James. I'm great." She said to Corey.
'Now he at least knows who I am' she thought to herself as she starts to pass the rest of the papers out. She giggled to herself as she heard Corey being scolded.
Lisa returned to the front of the room to give the teacher the left over papers. She purposely passed by Corey's desk and lightly brushed against him as she passed.

'Lets hope this class goes by fast. I can't stand bio'. Lisa opened her book and began on the worksheet.

dougss

Corey looked at the worksheet and sighed.
"This is the kind of busywork I hate. The kind of thing I can't stand" he muttered to no one in particular.

He felt Lisa brush against him on her way to her desk. He wasn't a ladies man, but he understood when someone goes out of their way to nudge him, it was intentional. He thought he might have to get to know Lisa better, to see if he was crazy or if the cute cheerleader was actually into him.

Corey did his best to focus on the worksheet, but he couldn't. He put the glasses on his desk in such a way the reflective lenses caught Lisa. He caught her staring, a lot. He blushed and crossed his legs, trying his best to get the worksheet done, glancing at the clock on his phone so the 45 minute class would END.

Divine Brutality

Lisa was trying to get through the worksheet but often found herself distracted by Corey. What was it about him that caught her eye? She wondered if he had decoded her subtle hints of interest.

"Stop staring, Lisa!" she quietly scolded herself. "Someone is bound to see me gawking and will no doubt think I have problems." She glanced up at the clock delighted to see there are only 5 minutes left of class. She was eager to end the busy work of biology and hopefully move on to something interesting.

The teacher calls out, "Can someone please collect the worksheets and bring them to my desk?" Lisa doesn't budge.

dougss

Corey volunteered.
"Of course, Corey. I assume you'll be helping students in the tougher portions?"
"I guess if you say so"
Corey collected all the papers and paused at Lisa's desk. He subtly slipped a note on her desk he scribbled after finishing the worksheet. Putting the rest on his desk, he coyly returned to his seat, nudging James to get ready to go, pointing at the clock

"Next class I got is Algebra, then World History."

Divine Brutality

Lisa's attention was instantly on Corey when she heard his name said by the teacher.
'Maybe I can find someone into convincing him I need tutoring.' She thought to herself. She smiled as Corey walked to pick up her paper and was surprised to see him slip a note onto her desk. She couldn't help the butterflies dancing in her stomach.

" Next class i got is Algebra, then World History."

Lisa quickly searched her bag for her schedule in hopes of a match.

" 1. Biology  3. English2      5. Home Ec.
  2. Algebra  4. World Hist.  6. Cheer/PE"

She was ecstatic that she had at least 2 guaranteed classes with Corey. When the bell rang, Lisa got up and tried not to run over to Corey.

"Hey Corey, wait up!" she called after him.

dougss

Corey caught Lisa just before she tripped over him.
"Woah there, steady now. Did you see my note?"
He helped steady her, then motioned towards their next class.
"We should walk and talk around these parts. Not enough time to idly chat between periods. Lets roll out"
Corey yanked James and dragged him along, moreso making sure the new kid didn't get lost rather than to kidnap him, but his attention was fully on Lisa.

Divine Brutality

Lisa flushed scarlet red as Corey helped to keep her from falling. How embarrassing that was for her, a top cheerleader, to lose her balance like that. She must not be thinking.

"Oh, eek. Uh, thanks. I did get your note..." Lisa pulls her schedule out of her pocket and shows Corey. "Looks like we have Algebra together. Are you any good at math?" Lisa walks briskly to keep up with the boys, secretly glancing over at James and noting how quiet he is.

" I'm not any good at math." Lisa adds quickly.

dougss

Corey used his free hand to clasp Lisa's and pulled her alongside him
"I'm decent at math. Well. What's your answer silly? Yes or no? Do you want to spend Friday afternoon/eve with myself or not?"
"Okay James, there, you go into that class. That's the English. You have fun now"
Corey nudged James into the next room and continued his brisk pace, half dragging Lisa behind him.
They reached the Algebra room, and Corey flamboyantly kicked - yes, kicked - the door open, dragging in Lisa behind him.
"Sup Mr. Price"
"Ah. Corey. I was afraid you'd be here. Well, take your usual seat. Who's this young lass who you've become acquainted with?"
"Lisa. She's cool."
"Oh, I was afraid of that. Young lady, do you know this man is incredibly insane?"
"He's kidding. I think."
Corey sat Lisa in the front row, next to him.

Divine Brutality

Lisa felt the electricity in Corey's hand run up her arm. She held on to his hand, hoping her ecstatic glee wasn't giving her away.

"oh, I see. And yes! ..Um, yeah I'd like to do that.." Why was she stuttering? Lisa was a confident girl. She needed oxygen. Breath Lisa.

" oh, uh.. bye James" She said mostly to herself.

Lisa looked shockingly at Corey as he kicked the door open and thought to herself, 'how very classy', all the while trying not to laugh hysterically. Corey was different, she liked that.

Lisa just stood quietly next to Corey as he and the teacher had this odd exchange. Seems like Corey failed this class also, though Lisa never had Mr. K before. Lisa sat in the chair Corey lead her to and took out a notebook.

She turned to Corey and mouthed "old friends?" while nodding her head towards the teacher.

dougss

Corey laughed.
"Uhhh.... more like I spent more time in his study hall not studying than doing algebra. And he knows it. I understand the material just fine. I just...."
"He never bothered to do the work, even when he had an entire period with me"
"Yeah.... that. But he'll teach you a lot, and you'll be able to master any high school math or science when he helps you. By the way, Friday, ride home with me, yeah? I drive. I'm old."

Divine Brutality

"oh, i understand completely." Lisa said politely. Well, I hope he's as good as Corey says.. I'll need all the help I can get.
Lisa turns to Corey and smiles innocently.
"sounds good to me. what do you mean you're old?" Lisa looks at him quizzically.

dougss

Corey flashed her a cheeky grin
"Have you ever met freshman with his driver's license?

Divine Brutality

Lisa's face was solemn.

"well no, i suppose not. exactly what grade are you? Surely a sophomore would also be too young to have a license.." Lisa was trying to work this out in her head...