Suggestion for a sticky topic in any of the role play forums?

Started by mona, June 29, 2010, 04:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mona

I know I'm a lowly member because I haven't even been approved yet, but please listen to what I have to say?

As I looked through the non-adult role playing requests, I noticed a lot of ambiguous titles. I think it would be helpful to all the members if we could get someone (even myself if you'd like) to write a post about how to make your topic titles more effective. Like, tell your viewers if you're looking for one person or a group, what gender you're looking for, and if there is not a large list of plots, maybe even a short word or two in the title explaining what kind of role play you're looking to play. And, if you still have room left on the topic title, maybe what form you'd like to role play in.

Is this idea stupid? Please tell me, lol. :0

The adult request boards are organized very much in the way you've suggested. :P

mona

Quote from: Karma on June 29, 2010, 04:26:14 PM
The adult request boards are organized very much in the way you've suggested. :P

Rearry?! Oh, my bad then!  :-[

Oniya

It's okay - you haven't had a chance to look around at the Other Side yet :-)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

mona

Quote from: Oniya on June 29, 2010, 04:53:26 PM
It's okay - you haven't had a chance to look around at the Other Side yet :-)
Haha, true dat. :)

Haibane

Welcome to E, Mona. I hope you get approval and if so, enjoy your time here.

Good ideas, input like this should always be welcome.

There are several areas on the site to request games and the 1-on-1s (single writing partner) and group requests are separate forums so there should be no confusion there. Many members do specify if they are looking for M or F (or non-human) characters and if the story/game will include bondage [BON], non-consensual encounters [NC] and extreme fetishes or events [EX] so yes, there's guidelines to assist players in labelling up their game requests. They are only guidelines though and some players use them, some don't. Personally when I have a game idea I like to do a single 'player(s) wanted' post for that game specifically and I give as much info as I can in the title. Other members use one post to list all their outstanding game requests and in such cases its usually not practical to hint at the contents.

This subject has been raised before - in my view there are far too many threads just headed up 'so-and-so's game wants' and I for one avoid these threads because I don't have time to look through them. I only read those with titles that appeal to me or that are posted up by people I already know and enjoy playing with.

Its the posters decision how they advertise their games though I think clarity of title will attract more people to view your games requests thread(s).

mona