Spell checker problem?

Started by Brandon, June 26, 2010, 01:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

I was just doing some editing in my open games thread and when I went to do a spell check for a new character I had added I noticed that every time the spellchecker would highlight the word, add the end letter on the end and eliminate the space between the word and the previous word

For example If a sentence reads "Finally she has several tato's over her body, each one having tribal significance to her allies"

Obviously I mispelled Tattoo's here.

Anyway once the spellchecker was used to correct the spelling it read like this "Finally she has severaltattoo'ss over her body, each one having tribal significance to her allies"

This problem popped up probably a half dozen times (which I already edited) so I figured I should bring it to the staff's attention in case there was a problem with the tool.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Haibane

I might be completely wrong but isn't the spell checker part of your browser and not a part of Elliquiy's forum system?

Brandon

Im pretty sure it was a tool added to the forum itself. If it were a browser thing then I would think it would show up differently or not at all when I change from using firefox on my desktop to Internet explorer on my laptop
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Oreo

Yes, Elliquiy supplies a courtesy Spell Checker for those who don't have one in their browser.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin