Adventurer's Guild (5th Edition DND)

Started by Lyku, December 12, 2015, 10:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Landshark

Interested...quick stupid question here. The stat line you posted is before racial bonuses yes?
Thinking rogue/swashbuckler...or Sorcerer/Storm origin. Both from the Waterborn Unearthed Arcana.

Lyku

Yes, those are before racial and those are acceptable classes.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Landshark

Not that the Storm Sorcerer is required to be at sea but i was just wondering if there would be sea fairing adventures at times? No big deal if not, just curious.

Lyku

For those with a beginner's license, probably not.  Earn your reputation and you may find yourself travelling.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Landshark

Lyku

I'm having second thoughts on Unearthed Arcana... I hate Eberron...

Zaer Darkwail

Just ban Eberron related stuff from there ;)

Lyku

As much as I hate Eberron, this is the story of the players, so i am not banning any of it.

Chulanowa

How could anyone possibly hate Eberron? Eberron is best!

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Landshark on December 14, 2015, 11:28:47 AM
Interested...quick stupid question here. The stat line you posted is before racial bonuses yes?
Thinking rogue/swashbuckler...or Sorcerer/Storm origin. Both from the Waterborn Unearthed Arcana.

Actually, both are updated in the Sword Coast Adventure's Guide and work a little differently, especially the Storm Sorcerer.

Also, I may be interested in joining as an Undying Warlock if the abovementioned book is allowed.

Bibliophilia

I decided against making an Aasimar, for now.  I'll likely mock one up later on, because I'm a sucker for the nephalim.

I'm going human wizard well-versed in blastomancy.

Chulanowa

And I will be your Barbarian for the evening (Which is totally different from My Barbarian...)

Ershin

I was considering building a Tiefling Rogue/Arcane Trickster if that's okay?

persephone325

Just so I know what information I need, is there a link (or links) that I should look at? Besides the one(s?) already posted?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

AndyZ

Zystrina - Wood Elf Thief - Charlatan
Basic

Strength 8 Dexterity 18 Constitution 14 Intelligence 10 Wisdom 13 Charisma 15

Acrobatics +6 Athletics +1 Deception +4 Perception +5 Sleight of Hand +6 Stealth +8

HP: 10/10 AC 15 - Dexterity Attacks +6 To hit, dX+4 damage

Darkvision, Keen Senses, Fey Ancestry, Trance, Elf Weapon Training, Fleet of Foot, Mask of the Wild

Expertise (Perception and Stealth) Sneak Attack, Thieves' Cant

Equipment: Rapier, Shortbow with 20 Arrows, Burglar's Pack, Leather Armor, Two Daggers (Hidden in boots), Thieves' Tools, Set of Fine Clothes, Disguise Kit, Signet Ring of an Imaginary Duke, Belt Pouch containing 15gp

Personality
I fall in and out of love easily, and am always pursuing someone.
Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.
Material goods come and go.  Bonds of friendship last forever.
I owe everything to my mentor - a horrible person who's probably rotting in jail somewhere.
I'm convinced that no one could ever fool me the way I fool others.

Background

Zystrina has the androgynous blessings of Corellon Larethian, though often considered to be female when not closely examined.  The Elven pronouns of zye/zys/zyr are loosely preferred, but since the Common tongue has no direct translation, zye responds without objection to whatever zye's called.

Certainly adopting and holding to a single manner of existence isn't part of zys lifestyle.  Growing up on the streets, zye was taken in by a group of criminals that has since been disbanded, treating zyr like an actual person instead of just an elf or a drain on society.  Everyone has their own desires, ways of living, hopes and dreams.  That includes Zystrina, who has grown quite a taste for the female form as zye grew up.

Those who trained zyr, however, ended up going too far in trying to con a temple, and Zystrina thankfully didn't go along.  With all the evil, greedy and corrupted people of the world, it's hardly necessary to go after those who provide genuine aid and assistance for people.  Zye'd much rather make the world a better place whenever possible.

It wasn't that difficult at all to sign on with an adventurer's guild, putting zys talents to good use.

Ershin, I was planning Rogue as well, but I'll more likely go the Thief archetype.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Landshark

Quote from: eternaldarkness on December 14, 2015, 02:35:15 PM
Actually, both are updated in the Sword Coast Adventure's Guide and work a little differently, especially the Storm Sorcerer.

Also, I may be interested in joining as an Undying Warlock if the abovementioned book is allowed.

yeah i dont have that book yet unfortunately. If its ok with the GM ill use the Unearth Arcana if not ill go a different route

Ershin

Having a bit of a hard time trying to decide on the background aspect of the character. It's a tough choice between Entertainer and Sage, with Guild Artisan (or rather the merchant variant from the PHB) as an outlier. Slightly leaning towards Entertainer because it seems fun, but Sage would be a neat, fluffly thing to have as a future spellcaster and investigator of dungeons.

Chulanowa

Hmmm. Just trying to decide if I wanna go human or half-orc for this guy. -Chin scratch- Definitely going Outlander, maybe a sprinkle of sailor, depending on how hte character goes

Bibliophilia

My wizard is a sage with a sprinkle of others.  -giggles.-  I....speak....slowly...so...stupid people...will...understand...me.

Chulanowa

Grip the sword like it's part of yourself... wait...
Name: Taran
Race: Human (variant)
Class: Barbarian 1
Background: Outlander
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Hit Points: 15/15
Armor class: 15
Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30

STR: 16 (+3)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 16 (+3)
INT: 8 (-1)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 13 (+1)

Proficiencies

Skills:
   • Athletics (+5)
   • Acrobatics (+4)
   • Perception (+2)
   • Survival (+2)
   • Intimidation (+3)
Saving Throws:
   • Strength (+5)
   • Constitution (+5)
Equipment:
   • Light Armor
   • Medium Armor
   • Shields
   • Simple weapons
   • Martial weapons
   • Flutes
Languages: Common, Giant, Elvish

Features and traits
Racial
• +1 to two different ability scores (Str, Con)
• Proficiency in one skill of your choice (Acrobatics)
• One feat (Great Weapon Master)
Class
• Rage (Advantage on Strength rolls and saving throws | +2 damage when using strength | Resistant to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing)
• Unarmored Defense (When wearing no armor, AC = 10 + Dex + Con. Can use shield)
Background
Personality Traits:
   • I was, in fact, raised by wolves
   • I'm always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes accidentally breaking them
Ideal Trait:
   • Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.
Bond Trait:
   • I am the last of my tribe, and it is up to me to ensure their names enter legend.
Flaw Trait:
   • I am too enamored of ale, wine, and other intoxicants
Feature: Wanderer
   • You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

Equipment

Greatsword
Hand axe (x2)
Javelin (x4)
Staff
Hunting trap
Animal trophy (Bear-tooth necklace)
Traveler's clothes
Belt pouch w/ 10 GP
Explorer's pack

Background
   Taran never knew his birth parents. There are foggy memories of "mata" and "tata" and the Very, Very cold, but when he thinks of family, it's the wolves that he remembers. The warmth of the pack, the careful nips of his dam, the howling and hunting. Somehow, the toddler lived and thrived to become a child, and then some, under the open sky and bough.
   Perhaps he would have stayed like this forever, becoming a youth, then a man among the wolves... But the Sulta-Quah found him first. A nomadic tribe of humans, they had come into his pack's territory, and when stories of a wild boy running with wolves became known, hands were dispatched to "rescue" him.
   it was a hard time for the boy, taken by these two-legged giants who couldn't howl. But they were kind to him, and they had food, and a pack of their own. Slowly, surely the child learned and grew, and though always different, "became human." While his wolves were always a warm memory, Taran - as his new people called him - learned joy with other men and women.
   At the firm age of thirteen summers, Taran sought manhood. Among the Sulta-Quah, only those who had undergone the rituals of adulthood were permitted a voice in council, a true place in rites, and of course the right to bed. Further only men may wield the magic of steel, for such weapons were rare for the tribe.
   Together with four other boys of the Sulta-Quah, Taran underwent the trials and tests of manhood. The ritual hunt, the gauntlet, the sharing of man's lore. The second night, the boys were to meet with the ancestors of the tribe, called by the shaman to bless them. It was going well until the old witch doctor cam to Taran, and cried out in a language far removed from the Sulta-Qua. Many voices poured from the old one, calling for revenge, for memory, ghostly red stags bounding from the shaman's smoke.
   What had been a time for boys to become men had become a shock from the spirits; the men - the true men - consulted, and reached an agreement. Taran was to seek his own people, and prove himself that way. it was not an easy decision, but hte spirits had clearly spoken. That they happened to be the spirits of a dead tribe only made the situation more clear.
   Set with his quest, Taran was granted provisions, and set out into the wilderness with a heavy heart. Perhaps he would have rejoined the wolves; their distant songs tempted him, surely. Maybe he would have simply starved. But fate had its plan for him, and landed him in the company of adventurers. Together with his new friends, he explored the land, plundered ruins, fought monsters. In the four years since, he's met with many off people and nonhumans indeed, and seen a great many very interesting things.  It's at their behest and guidance that he has come to the Adventurer's guild, and though the strictures are chafing, it's good to have a "tribe" again... even if he is aware that it's not truly either of his. Some part of him worries that he is offending his ancestor's memories or the Sulta-Quah's taboos (For instance, he currently carries a steel sword) but.. .well, this isn't the land of hte Sulta-Quah,and he's learned very little about his birth people, so... Take it as it comes.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I am pondering on picking either figther or paladin. Likely human (or elf for paladin).

eternaldarkness

Definitely going Human (Variant) Warlock with an Undying patron. Will finish making the character in the morning.

Bibliophilia

Name: Ychara Usepht
Race: Human (variant)
Class: Wizard 1
Background: Sage
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Hit Points: 6/6
Armor class: 11
Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +2

STR: 8 (-1)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 10 (+0)
INT: 17 (+3)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHA: 12 (+1)

Proficiencies

Skills:
   • Arcana (+5)
   • History (+5)
   • Investigation (+5)
   • Insight (+5)
   • Perception (+5)
Saving Throws:
   • Intelligence (+5)
   • Wisdom (+5)
Equipment:
   • Daggers
   • Darts
   • Slings
   • Quarterstaves
   • Light Crossbow
Languages: Common, Draconic, Halfling, Elvish

Features and Traits:
Racial
• +1 to two different ability scores (Int, Wis)
• Proficiency in one skill of your choice (Perception)
• One feat (War Caster)
Class
• Arcane Recovery (A short rest can recover spell slots equal to or less than half your Wizard level | One 1st level slot)
• Arcane Tradition (At 2nd level, you choose an arcane tradition, associated with a school of magic, and gain features at 2nd, 6th, 10th and 14th level) 
Background
Personality Traits:
   • I . . . speak . . . slowly . . . when talking . . . to idiots, . . .which . . . almost . . . everyone . . . is . . . compared . . .to me.
   • There's nothing I like more than a good mystery.
Ideal Trait:
   • The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge.
Bond Trait:
   • I owe everything to my mentor—a horrible person who’s probably rotting in jail somewhere.
Flaw Trait:
   • I am too enamored of ale, wine, and other intoxicants
Feature: Researcher
   • When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Equipment

Dagger
Light Crossbow
Spellbook
Component pouch
Scholar's pack
Bottle of black ink
Quill
Small knife
Common clothes
Belt pouch w/ 10 GP
Letter from a dead colleague containing a question as-yet unanswered

Zaer Darkwail

Name: Adran Sunglade
Race: Elf (high elf)
Class: Paladin 1
Background: Courtier
Alignment: Neutral Good

Hit Points: 12/12
Armor class: 18
Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +0

STR: 16 (+3)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 13 (+1)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 15 (+2)

Proficiencies

Skills:
   • Athletics (+5)
   • Deception (+4)
   • Insight (+2)
   • Perception (+2)
   • Persuasion (+4)
Saving Throws:
   • Wisdom (+2)
   • Charisma (+4)
Equipment:
   • Simple weapons
   • Martial weapons
   • All armors
   • All shields
   • Lyre
   • Playing card set
Languages: Common, Elvish, Sylvan

Features and Traits:
Racial
   • +2 Dex, +1 Int
   • Darkvision
   • Keen senses
   • Fey ancestry
   • Trance
   • Elf weapon training
   • Cantrip; Prestigitation
   • Extra language known; Sylvan
Class
• Divine Sense 1+Cha mod/long rest (detect presence of fiends, celestial or undead in 60'ft range as attack action, including holy/unholy sites)
• Lay of Hands (heals paladin level x 5/long rest amount or cures disease/poison per 5 cure) 
Background
Personality Traits:
   • No one could doubt by looking at my regal bearing that I am a cut above the unwashed masses.
   • Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
Ideal Trait:
   • I must prove that I can handle myself without the coddling of my family.
Bond Trait:
   • My loyalty to my sovereign is unwavering.
Flaw Trait:
   • I have an insatiable desire for carnal pleasures.
Feature: Information is power
   • As an advisor, assistant, entertainer, or other functionary, you have or had a position in the court of some king, queen, prince, or other royal. The past-time of courtiers is gathering favors and knowledge of
      allies, enemies, and schemes, and so you know about such things in the royal court, and to a lesser extent, neighboring seats of power. You also have a few favors owned to you from other courtiers that you
      may call in when needed.

Biography
   Adran Sunglade is from Sunglade noble family from elven kingdom Evergreen, in his youth he studied swordplay but also musical arts and traditional high elf basics of magic (which he did not stick to like his
   younger sister did and become a mage). However he took early on responsebillity to present his family in the court thanks his charm and grace he possessed. Overtime he studied ancient ways of the ancient
   order, which is branch of society which revers feys and ancient ways of the light and life. A sort of cult really. He embraced the ancient teachings and he finished his training under a fey knight as a squire and he
   earned his spurs. He haven't taken oaths yet as they advice experience world and life before commit entirely in preserving beauty of life.

However, there was problem; his court duties kept him away from danger and excitement and so how he could complete his training while in tight seclusion and bound by duty? So he left during the night and left
   a heartfelt note of temporal retirement for his duties along with his recommendation for replacement for face person present house matters in the royal elven court. He departed to the human lands and what he
   has heard about them sends his blood boilin in excitement! So he enters the city and hears about guild of adventurers in it.....and nothing compares to life of adventure in excitement so he books himself in. Albeit
   less interested on coin and more seeking a adventure worth to tell tales about.

Equipment

Longsword
Dagger
Shield
Priest's pack
Chain mail
Holy Symbol (Corellon)
Fine clothes
Playing card set
Lyre
Pouch w/20gp

AndyZ

Quote from: persephone325 on December 14, 2015, 03:46:28 PM
Just so I know what information I need, is there a link (or links) that I should look at? Besides the one(s?) already posted?

You'll want to pick up the Player's Handbook.  D&D Next doesn't have a free SRD the way Pathfinder does.

It does, however, have some free rules for a few races and classes.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules?x=dnd/basicrules
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.