Unknown Armies (always recruiting)

Started by Kythia, August 06, 2013, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Sorry to hear that as well, Riveda.  :-(

Erm....well, anyway, that puts it down to me and darras as the two active players. Any advice on how to proceed in the IC, Kythia, considering Miyo is on her own rather suddenly? I notoriously struggle with three person RPs; I can never get the hang of them. T_T

Kythia

That was a little flurry of activity there.

OK.  Sorry to lose you Riveda.  Feel free to hit me up on Skype and we can discuss methods for re-entry if you think it would be useful.  However, obviously feel under no obligation.

Remiel, welcome back.

darras

Glad you're staying Remiel :)

Happy belated Valentine's everyone! Have some internet love.

Kythia

Congratulations, Norm, you rolled a matched success on a critical notice check.  That has two effects, one its a critical success - you get a lot more information than you normally would.  Two, your notice skill goes up by one.  I'm gonna get characters up on the wiki tonight, been dragging my feet a little there.

Blythe

Glad to hear you're staying, Remiel. ^^

Also, matched success? Nice.

Kythia

Also, I'm gonna recruit a little more actively for a moment.  If any of you know of someone you think might be interested then feel free to point them this way.

Remiel

Quote from: Kythia on February 20, 2014, 10:15:03 AM
Congratulations, Norm, you rolled a matched success on a critical notice check.  That has two effects, one its a critical success - you get a lot more information than you normally would.  Two, your notice skill goes up by one.

Oh, so a matched success is like 11, 22, 33, etc?

Kythia

Broadly.  Your skill was 25 so only 11 and 22 are a matched success 33,44,etc would be matched failures.  You'd still get the skill rise but it would be a critical failure, failing as hard as its possible to do.

darras

Now I miss two pints and two double whiskies for under a tenner..

Kythia

Just for you, darras, I'll get inappropriately drunk in the middle of the day.

I can't stress enough that this is solely as a tip of the hat to you and not something I was going to do anyway.

Kythia

darras, Can't believe I didn't notice it earlier but I don't have an obsession or an obsession skill for you.  Could you either let me know them or say something along the lines of "huh" to indicate you have no idea what I'm talking about and need clarification.

Kythia

Also, triple post for the win, I think you all deserve some xp.  I decided to leave exactly how much up to fate and my trust d1+1 came up as "2".

So have 2 xp each.

Kythia

Quadruple!

I must confess, I'm now hoping none of you speak so I can continue this rather pathetic monologue indefinitely.

Anyway - characters are on the wiki which is itself almost finished.  Obviously you have the ability to change your characters, please don't  I'll be able to see in the change log and no cheating from the 2/3 of players who are wikimins.  There's a link to the page in the first post of this thread and the first post of the IC.

Blythe

Ooh, wiki update! *wanders off to go look at his character*

And don't mind my comment--continue monologuing, Kythia.  ;)

darras

Blythe you ruined the pathetic monologue!!

Although now I am free to say how much I appreciate your brave sacrifice in getting inappropriately drunk in the middle of the day just for me. Most kind, most kind.

I do have a 'huh'! But not because I don't understand obsession/ obsession skills, but because I could have sworn I'd done that.. Ugh. How annoying! I think.. Knowing It All and then General Eduction should fit nicely? Unless anyone has conflicting opinions.

Yay xp! *ponders*

Blythe

Quote from: darras on February 21, 2014, 12:08:43 PM
Blythe you ruined the pathetic monologue!!

8-)

Also huh, I just noticed I have 14 XP. Can I afford to do anything good with 14 XP?

darras

You can get a whole new skill! for 10xp! (it starts at 10%)

Existing skills are 1 for 1, attributes are 1 for 2xp. If Kythia's using the book standards at least :)

I'm not sure how we're working with the 'no more than 3xp on a single skill or 2xp on a single stat in one game session' limit on advancement when it's play by post though..

Blythe

Hmmmm....not sure Miyo has done enough to warrant a new skill. She's actually used general education (albeit failed), and a couple of attributes, I think. I'm tempted to raise her Body stat. ^^

I know Kythia is going to go without internet access for a bit, so I figure she'll answer when she gets back.

Remiel

Quote from: Blythe on February 21, 2014, 12:19:50 PM
8-)

Also huh, I just noticed I have 14 XP. Can I afford to do anything good with 14 XP?

Yeah, I asked Kythia about this yesterday.  It costs 1xp to raise any skill (provided that you do not raise it above its governing attribute level) or 2xp to raise an attribute.

Kythia

Also, new skills are 10XP and you start at a value of 10.  Check with me first.

Blythe (and everyone for that matter) - I'm not gonna enforce any sort of requirement for raising existing skills, so OOCly don't worry about "justifying" skill rises.  Frankly, they're so easy to justify anyway (as a result of not knowing some stuff, Miyo has googled it for a Gen Ed rise for example) that its not worth.  If, however, you feel you want to justify them to yourself then that's obviously fine.

darras (and everyone) - If you did I must have missed it but I'll adjust now.  And I'm ignoring the session limits.  Broadly, a session is from when I give xp to when I next give xp for the purpose of passion activation and whatnot, but I'm willing to play a little fast and loose on that.

Kythia

Reply tomorrow.  Sorry for the delay, was waiting on a reply from someone before I could move on.  Now got it, but twenty past two in the morning and sleepy, so reply tomorrow.

Blythe

Sleep well, Kythia!

...and I need to decide what to do with my XP. And actually get more active in the game. >_<

Kythia

Thank you, I did.  Reply incoming.

Blythe

Okay, working on a reply now!

I decided what I would like to do with my EXP as well! I would like to put all of it into my Dodge skill, if permissible.