News:

Main Menu

D3 is live

Started by SinXAzgard21, May 15, 2012, 02:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

I love the Barbarian, and really, he's the only class that gets full benefits out of every non-class set to boot.  He's got the best choices in loot, which is the point of this game anyway.  :)  Not to mention the sheer physical power he shows off by blowing enemies apart with an axe swing is pretty awesome, too.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

Too bad he's apparently unable to play on the highest difficulty level due to being one-shot by any enemy. :|
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

Haven't gotten that far yet.  And now with my mouse failing, there's little chance of me gaming.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on May 22, 2012, 02:16:53 PM
Too bad he's apparently unable to play on the highest difficulty level due to being one-shot by any enemy. :|

I don't know about that yet.. I just got my DH onto nightmare.. Arcane/Teleport and Vampiric/Mortar mobs are nasty.

Shjade

It's something some folks from a MUX I regularly visit mentioned. According to them, the Barbarian is literally unplayable on Inferno difficulty due to stat scaling: it is impossible to have defensive stats high enough to survive a hit from monsters on that difficulty, and the Barbarian is the only class that lacks defensive abilities to compensate for that deficiency, so they get one-shot by anything and (being a melee class) can't avoid being hit altogether forever.
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

I guess I won't be doing Infero then...  Cuz the Barb is my favorite class.  I just can't get behind the Wizard or DH story wise, their attitude drives me nuts (in both genders), the WD creeps me out, such a nice spiritual guy, who just so happens to be from a cannibalistic culture.  And the monk.  The monk, yet another rehashing of archetype that's been forced in square peg, round hole style, and better they made the class vaguely Russian sounding.  That's the sound of my brain breaking.

Aiden

If the class is truly unplayable in that difficulty then there will be a hot fix in the future.

I am not in Inferno yet so I can't comment and I won't take some person's findings as evidence the class can't play the difficulty maybe they are just bad players.

Shjade

Oh, I doubt they're bad. They just refused to take my advice of, "So don't get hit." ;p

A quick Google search is enough to find a few videos and guides of people playing Barbarians on Inferno. You just can't play one like...well, like a Barbarian, at least as most people would picture it (ie: run up to things, hack & slash until they die, repeat), at least not until you're uber-geared like [noembed]this guy[/noembed]. Nothing surprising to me considering Diablo's difficulty levels have always been "the same thing, but with bigger numbers now."
◕/◕'s

Cold Heritage

Personally I think the monk is great. I wish the barbarian was vaguely Russian.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Ryven

Normal Diablo is my bitch, so I'm going to start a new class now!  I'm thinking about the monk.

Aiden

Ohh man, that was so much awesome.

Shjade

I'm confused about one thing: if Diablo is a girl in this metaphor, what is the "real girlfriend?"
◕/◕'s

Kirce

I guess that a girl that is not actually a cockblock for that guy :P

Ryven

I need people to play with online. :-(  I've gotten my solo play on, so I wanna play online with some other people now.  Anyone interested?

Chris Brady

Quote from: Ryven on May 28, 2012, 11:11:24 AM
I need people to play with online. :-(  I've gotten my solo play on, so I wanna play online with some other people now.  Anyone interested?

I would, but for two reasons;  First I'm not done the first playthrough.  Second:  I yo-yo worse than a factory full of them.  I've died more times being 'teleported' back into a mob I've Whirlwinded out of than I have at boss fights, and the Butcher was rough for my Barbarian.  I keep getting server sync problems.  For a single player mode.

Psycho Serenity

I've begun to play a bit. There are some annoying errors when trying to log in sometimes, but so far it's pretty fun in my personal opinion.
Life won't ever be perfect, there will always be hurt...

So stand up and make a difference, provide light in a dark life.

You never know just how far the rays will reach.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on May 28, 2012, 11:11:24 AM

I need to finish normal mode for at least one character first before I play with other people....  Which means I need to get off LoL at some point.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Aiden

LoL is a seductive bitch, she had her hooks in me for a while.

Brady- If you are in nightmare, WW might not be your friend. I had to fully change how I play barb to stay alive in some of these new encounters.

What lvl are you at Ryven? I'm currently 41 and taking on Act 2 on nightmare.

SinXAzgard21

From my understanding of Barb, you need to build tanky in the harder difficulties...

I feel that my DH who is in act 2 on normal is becoming a little too squishy.  Anyone else have that issue?

And yes LoL is addictive, but I enjoy it and am not an asshole who flames people... It is a game.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Aiden

Pound of Flesh for the Barbarian is a god send.

I have that, Nerves of Steel and another defense passive which ups my armor..

One increases your armor by your vitality and the other ups your armor by 25%

Main skill fury (cuz its the shit) and off skill shockwave- runed to knock back enemies.

Main talents, Earthquake, shouts and stomp (runed for stun/snare), will have to check when I log in. This is the basic aoe build in order to live in case you run into stupidly enchanted mobs like...ICE- desecrate or Waller-Firepool of fuck this game.

ExisD

I've got two character so far, having just got the game two weeks ago. A wizard who's on the last part of act 1 nightmare and a demon hunter who's on act 2 normal.

So far I've loved the wizard's game play and character while I've been a bit disappointed while playing my demon hunter. She just feels way too squishy because all of her crowd control abilities are snares rather than stuns and I have yet to get a good aoe damage skill. She destroys things much faster than my wizard ever did 1 on 1, if she can survive.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 29, 2012, 10:54:12 AM
From my understanding of Barb, you need to build tanky in the harder difficulties...

I feel that my DH who is in act 2 on normal is becoming a little too squishy.  Anyone else have that issue?

And yes LoL is addictive, but I enjoy it and am not an asshole who flames people... It is a game.

Hmm.. I got a nice Yellow in Act one with nice DH bonuses and HUGE vitality bonus that lasted all the way through Act IV.. and by then I had several nice yellows with not as big vitality bonuses.. I'm in act 2 nightmare now cringing at the fact that I have a 20 dps jump at a 200-700 health hit.

Aiden

The AH is your friend in this game, Everything I am wearing has been Ah bought. Maybe I have crappy loot drops but all my yellows get sold low so I can keep a constant flow of gold coming in.

Ryven

Quote from: Aiden on May 29, 2012, 10:50:10 AM
LoL is a seductive bitch, she had her hooks in me for a while.

Brady- If you are in nightmare, WW might not be your friend. I had to fully change how I play barb to stay alive in some of these new encounters.

What lvl are you at Ryven? I'm currently 41 and taking on Act 2 on nightmare.

My WD is 32, and my monk is 26.  I haven't started nightmare yet because I want to get a feel for the characters a little more.