Westboro Baptist Church picketing the Sandy Hook Shooting?!?

Started by DajaOfTheNight, December 18, 2012, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DajaOfTheNight

Now read it all the way through before really blowing a gasket but the basics is the same.
Read this, then read my rant.

[align=center][size=18]First:[/size][/align]

They're bloody 1st graders! THEY'RE KIDS!! For shit's sake let the parents mourn, put their children in the ground before we say it's "God's work". REALLY!??!

[align=center][size=18]Second:[/size][/align]

My faith may not be solid and I haven't gone to church in...YEARS. But I highly doubt that God, any loving God like the one that this church supposedly follows, would use the death of children to prove any justice. To make a point at all.

[align=center][size=18]Third:[/size][/align]

Has anyone actually figured out why this nutjob shout up 20 kids in the first place? Did it have anything to do with Homosexuals? I'm saying this as a human being, not as heterosexual ally. It's like they're saying it's because we have a black president. I'm not being racist. I'm not! It's the same principle. It's prejudice. GROW UP!

Ok, I've ranted. Done now.

Lithos

They are just very succesful trolls working with the facade of religion. Best for them would be to not get any headline or discussion time - anywhere.  Not that any other religious group would be much different but these people really put controversies to extreme as purpose out of itself, that is their main purpose instead of what they supposedly represent.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Callie Del Noire

Sadly they do this to get attention and hope that someone hits or restricts them. There is an inordinate number of practicing lawyers for such an incestuously close community. (both the Phelps daughters that routinely do the spokesperson duties have argued cases in state and federal courts as did Fred Phelps before his permanent disbarment)

Oniya

The Westboros don't deserve the dignity of being called a church (never mind Baptists - I know several Baptists and while they can be a little on the thumpy side, I wouldn't force them to breathe the same air as the Westboros).  Even on Facebook, you won't find anyone supporting them (who isn't an actual member). 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Word is there is at least one petition in play to have them legally recognized as a hate group. Actually.. after a quick google there are at least FIVE major petition sites running them. Whoa...

I think they hit most of the critieria save one..they haven't taken any action that is illegal. Unethical. Definitely. Immoral. Sure. Damnably unchristian. yeah.. they are all going to hell. Hateful bunch of psychos.

Sadly no actual event of lawbreaking has been done by them. So far.

Beguile's Mistress

Any time the Westburros are brought into a discussion we know what they want and what they do.  Don't validate them and please don't compare them to those of us who prayed and cried and tried to find a way to support broken hearted parents and families this past Sunday as we worshiped.

Callie Del Noire

You know.. it just occured to me.. IF they do push things with the vigil..they COULD potentially step into some of the new nasty 'protected person' laws and rules being enacted over the last year. The President is supposed to be attending the vigil right?

They are used to dealing with locals..the rules with the Secret Service are a bit different.

Two goods. the church crosses the Secret Service and spends the next five years in court appealing those awful laws. They waste money and the rest of us don't have to take the rules to court.

Beguile's Mistress

Oniya

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 18, 2012, 03:16:05 PM
You know.. it just occured to me.. IF they do push things with the vigil..they COULD potentially step into some of the new nasty 'protected person' laws and rules being enacted over the last year. The President is supposed to be attending the vigil right?

O_O  Brilliant!

At the very least, it might give him some perspective when he reviews those petitions.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Moraline

Something I posted elsewhere
Quote from: Moraline on December 17, 2012, 10:46:09 AM
Support this government petition: 
Legally recognize Westboro Baptist Church as a hate group.

This group has been recognized as a hate group by organizations, such as The Southern Poverty Law Center, and has repeatedly displayed the actions typical of hate groups.

Their actions have been directed at many groups, including homosexuals, military, Jewish people and even other Christians. They pose a threat to the welfare and treatment of others and will not improve without some form of imposed regulation.

Sign Herehttp://wh.gov/RI5h   ((Source: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov ))

Here is one of the many reasons why:

Quote"Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment."
Via Twitter and reposted on NewsArticle: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57559468-93/hackers-target-westboro-baptist-church-after-newtown-threat/

DajaOfTheNight

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 18, 2012, 03:16:05 PM

They are used to dealing with locals..the rules with the Secret Service are a bit different.

Two goods. the church crosses the Secret Service and spends the next five years in court appealing those awful laws. They waste money and the rest of us don't have to take the rules to court.

Unfortunately if you read the edits, the picketing will be at a highschool. STILL!!!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on December 18, 2012, 03:21:07 PM
Seems like that might be a silver lining. :-)

Well my personal take on these rules/laws are they quash a lot of lawful protests.. and eventually they will go to the Supreme Court and get hashed out and thrown out. Till then .. why not lot a bunch of nasty evil hateful people pour their money and time down a hole doing some good for a change.

Quote from: DajaOfTheNight on December 18, 2012, 03:29:15 PM
Unfortunately if you read the edits, the picketing will be at a highschool. STILL!!!

Sooner or later.. the WBC WILL cross these lines.. its not just the president covered.. but ANYONE the Secret Service provides coverage. Sooner or later.. I just wish they were done.. or get caught committing tax fraud or somethings. Loosing their tax free standing would hinder them greatly.

Caitlin

Whenever I read one of these things, it really really makes me wonder how they'd react when some American would get pissed off enough to blow up their church and go on a rampage on their church-goers. Would they blame it on satan or would they see it as an act of god as well?

I think that they're so full of themselves that they probably don't see how they caused it to happen, nor would I want it to happen since it'd only make things worse, but I'll admit that the thought occasionally runs through my mind as to how they'd react when it hit home close to the heart.

Beguile's Mistress

The sad thing is that anyone likely to do that to them would be a grieving relative of someone they've already targeted and whose family they've battered and abused.

Serephino

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I"m really not.  This is what attention-whoring little worms do.

Spero

I know some may say this violates freedom of speech but I think that protesting -individuals- is classified as harassment and disturbance of the peace. This isn't like protesting your government or boycotting a business. It's harassing families and riding on the coat tails of tragedy to make money. Westboro finds the biggest tragedies, trolls them, then fights people in court and makes money off of it. It really needs to stop.
RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful
CRAVING!: Dark Fantasy & Warhammer 40k Roleplay! Please PM if you want to RP~

Lithos

People like this can be very hard to deal with... they always pick something that rides just at the edge of the law... usually only can do something only after they make mistake.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search