Awaken Online (Anime Mashup adventure - Accepting Applications!)

Started by BruceTheCat, December 03, 2017, 01:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac84

Howdy Sephora, and Metraxa! :D

As far as I know we're still hiring. The GM has not put a Kabosh on recruiting yet that I know of.

BruceTheCat

Approved Metraxa! Feel free to move it over, pop in to the OOC and say hello, and post whenever you’d like

We are still recruiting Sephora!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Sephora

Name – Rina
Anime Origin – Pretty Cure
Caster

Appearance/Style Description –Long pink hair and a short stature, Rina can typically be found in garb that is easiest to move about in. She can usually be found in a bright and lightweight garment, along with her flower head band and gloves.

Personality – Timid and soft spoken, Rina spends the majority of her time being overlooked and under noticed.  That being said, she isn't a loner and would much rather be a part of a group than be by herself.  She tries her best to be a good person, and is determined that this 'game' won't change that.  Gentle of spirit and of mind, she tries her best not to let fear control her...all the time.

Backstory – Rina was terrified when she'd heard the announcements of the "storyteller".  She didn't have anyone in this world on her side, she didn't have friends or a team to rely on.  She was all alone.  For the first couple of weeks she hid out, trying to go unnoticed while hoping that someone else would save the day.  When she did venture out, it was just to do enough scavenging that she'd be able to make some potions that she could sell to her fellow players.

She accepted some training from some more experienced (and extremely charitable) players, but what she did next might as well have been a crime.  She watched from the backround as braver and more deserving heroes fought and...died.  People who trained her, people who had helped her----people who she had cheered on from the safety of an inn as they went to adventure forward. 

It has only been just recently that Rina has finally made the motions to start pushing forward through the floors, guilt and determination guiding her to follow the footsteps of those who had deserved better fates. 

Powers/Equipment –

purification:  Using her magical girl abilities, Rina is able to more effectively take out demonic or toxic opponents with a purification beam

Barrier:  She can develop a small protective barrier the size of a large shield around a single person or item of her choosing.

elemental attack:  She can shoot out a blast of elemental magic at an enemy.  At present the only element she can use is water.

Strengths –
Book smart: She is quite studious and is good at absorbing information

inventive:  She'll take the information she's gotten from books and be able to apply it outside of them.

Easily underestimated:  Both her stature and personality often lead people to assume Rina can't accomplish much.  She's used that to her advantage in the past month.

Weaknesses –

Timid:  she is unsure of herself, and that effects her both in and out of battle.

Gullible: She buys just about what anyone is selling

physically weak:  In a universe where most players are able to take and deliver hit after hit, she couldn't handle being on the front line for more than a few minutes.

Sephora

I'd been waffling back and forth, and I went the magical girl route instead. 

Mac84

Nothing wrong with that at All! We don't have a caster yet, and she is a cutie. :p

Kokaine

Name – Niko Fox
Anime Origin – Fairy Tail
Class - Saber

Appearance/Style Description – Fox stands 5'11" tall and despite possessing an undoubtedly feminine build, gives the appearance of being more tough than soft. She has an athletic physique with and sports a distinctive tattoo around her upper left arm. Her skin is of a darker complexion and her hair a black so dark it appears to have blue highlights. Her eyes are a pale pale blue, with the right being covered by an eye patch. There is also a wicked looking scar on that side of her face that slices through her right eyebrow and eye and curves down over the top of her cheek bone. Fox also has metal prosthetic limbs (her right arm from the middle of her bicep down, and her right leg from the knee down) that seem to move rather naturally despite being somewhat obvious.

Personality – Fox is quite the dashing figure. She styles herself as the suave and debonair heroine, an adventurer out for conquest and glory. It allows her to be quite friendly while giving very little of the truth away, her charisma and charm usually working to offset any abrasion her cocky person might happen to cause. Its true she is at her best in the thick of things and can sometimes be slightly socially awkward when there is nothing going on to play to but she does her best to disguise anything that falls short of full confidence. She has a knack for being inappropriate and forward and has a tendency to think with her "instincts" and heart rather than her head, but she does -possess some measure of cleverness nonetheless. Still, however much she can seem to operate for her own self-interests, Fox is the sort that strives to ensure that no one with her is ever left behind.

Backstory – After joining the game on a whim, effectively taking her sister's place in the game, Fox wasted no time making a name for herself. Disinclined to waste time sitting around, she quickly worked out the mechanics of the game and went charging forward with the intent of leaving her mark (or possibly flaming out in grand style). At least before it was revealed that they were all trapped within the game anyhow.

Admittedly, Fox was one of the disbelievers when their circumstances were first revealed to her but after watching the leader of her small party literally get ripped apart... well, if anything it only made her more fierce, more resolved--though no less crazy. A daredevil with something of a white knight complex, Fox has not spent the last month sitting idle. Any job that comes her way or any whisper of trouble on the horizon has her setting out to face it. She fully intends to climb the ranks and beat the game just as she had when she first signed in, however, now she knows it is a matter of life and death.

Powers/Equipment
Equipment
  • Requip: Blades of Justice - Fox's signature form of Magic, over which she seems to have an incredible potential for great mastery. It allows her to swap weapons, armor and clothes at will. While not fully maximized, Fox already is noted for her ability to Requip quite fast and has developed the ability to Requip weapons and armor while fighting. Each armor type comes with its own inherent strengths and weaknesses.
Abilities
  • Swordsmanship - Fox possesses growing mastery in swordsmanship. Her offensive capabilities mainly come from her swordplay, which enables her to effectively utilize the weapons that her Requip provides, which includes swords, short swords, axes, lances and staffs (among others). She can use a reverse-grip as well as the normal grip. Her swordsmanship is adept enough for her to deflect small projectiles and when combined with her magic her sword slashes possess enough force behind them that they are able to slice through metal using only the air pressure from the swings.
  • Hand to Hand Combatant - Despite favoring the use of her various weapons, Fox has proven to be a skilled hand-to-hand combatant and not entirely reliant upon a weapon. She is also able to mix hand to hand combat with her swordsmanship while in the midst of battle.
  • Sword Magic - In addition to her signature Magic, Requip, Fox is also a talented user of Sword Magic. As the name implies, this is a type of Magic which revolves around the use of swords. Through the use of this Magic, Fox is capable of using her swords to perform different Magical attacks. This is usually done in combination with specific armors of hers, which can make her deadlier in close melee combat or, when combined with her. It is theoretically possible that she can also combine different armors with other swords from other armors to either block or attack using deadlier force and mixing different elements together but thus far she has not yet demonstrated this in combat.
  • Immense Reflexes - Fox possesses extremely sharp reflexes, and a high degree agility and speed.
Strengths
  • Daredevil - Fearless and intense to the point of seeming a little crazy, Fox enjoys the rush of adrenaline and is most adept, most dexterous, when thinking on the fly. She's not dumb by any means and possesses a surprising wealth of patience when she has an end game in mind. She is doggedly persistent in achieving her aims even if her commentary can make her seem somewhat flippant.
  • Iron Will - When her stamina has run its course, when something needs tackling that seems insurmountable, when things just don't go her way... Fox will never just break, never just lay down and die. She always seems to have some drop of reserve in the tank.
  • Keen Battle Intellect - It may not always show itself in other situations but Fox is both clever and observant when it comes to combat. Thus far in her time she has been able to steadily increase her ability to anticipate and counter her foes after being able to observe or fight against them. She has also begun showing signs of being able to work out the mechanics behind magical attacks used against her.
Weaknesses
  • Hero Complex - Fox can't resist a chance to play hero. Whether for the "glory"/gratitude, or because she genuinely can't stand to turn away from anyone isn't clear, but it has gotten her into plenty of tight situations.
  • Prosthetics - No matter how well they move or handle weapons, two of her limbs do not have typical sensation and can be targeted as weak points. They also require upkeep in addition to her magic.
  • Ego - It can be used to distract/blind, and also may make it difficult for her to back down from a challenge or in situations where she feels she is right.

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Steir

Quote from: Mac84 on December 13, 2017, 07:38:53 PM
Nothing wrong with that at All! We don't have a caster yet, and she is a cutie. :p
I'm a Caster.

:3c

I find it interesting that Sephora picked out Pretty Cure/Precure for her Caster choice. That was one of the options I was thinking about when I was making my character. :D

Just a suggestion, but would be nice if you could give a little more fancy names to your powers. Reading up on the description, this Precure was the first to mind.

Mac84

Steir

Sephora

Thanks Mac!  Jeremy looks cool too.  ^^

I thought picking YugiOh was really clever Stier,  I wouldn't have thought of that as a castor, but it totally fits in with summoning. 

And I'm totally open for editing if need be, but I think I'm going to hold off on getting creative with my powers until I get a head tilt from Lobster.  :P 

Norsegod1839

Should have my own up in the next couple of days! Super excited for this one guys!

Steir

Quote from: Sephora on December 13, 2017, 08:52:48 PM
Thanks Mac!  Jeremy looks cool too.  ^^

I thought picking YugiOh was really clever Stier,  I wouldn't have thought of that as a castor, but it totally fits in with summoning. 

And I'm totally open for editing if need be, but I think I'm going to hold off on getting creative with my powers until I get a head tilt from Lobster.  :P 
That and I get to shout things like "It's my turn!" and "Draw!" as well as "I activate my Trap Card!". ;D

Feel free to use the wiki I linked you. Precure is a really fun series to draw from. Characters start decent and then become awesome powerhouses. Also, Dragonball level fight scenes in a show primarily aimed at little girls may surprise people.

:3c

BruceTheCat

@Sephora, approved! Feel free to move your sheet over to the Character Thread, say hello in the OOC, and post!

@Kokaine, question regarding her Requip ability. Do you have a specific list or number of different swords/armors that she has? Does every unique sword/item have a different magical ability that she can use to argument her Sword Magic?
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Closing out recruitment!

If anybody is working on a sheet right now and submits it in the next hour or so (probably working on it before I posted this message) then you are good to join in pending approval!
- scribus1000

Kokaine

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 14, 2017, 01:23:00 AM
@Sephora, approved! Feel free to move your sheet over to the Character Thread, say hello in the OOC, and post!

@Kokaine, question regarding her Requip ability. Do you have a specific list or number of different swords/armors that she has? Does every unique sword/item have a different magical ability that she can use to argument her Sword Magic?

In the anime Erza has over 100 armors. Obviously I don't intend for her to have that many but Im not sure what's a good number. At this stage Im not looking to give each sword a unique ability. Actually I was thinking maybe she'd have access to a larger number of armors just from her activity in the game but she would have to unlock each special ability or something along those lines as she levels up.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Steir

I recall Erza's armor are bought from one specific shop. Clearly some are magical in nature and grant her certain traits (protection from a particular element, or faster movement). I'm not fully aware what exactly each and every one of them does though.

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000

Norsegod1839

Hey red lobster do you want to check our character sheets first or are you just approving them from here?

BruceTheCat

I'm approving them from here EL, but if you want to PM it to me instead feel free.
- scribus1000

Norsegod1839

Norsegod1839

Name – Axel
Anime Origin –  Chivalry Of A Failed Knight)
Class -Saber

Appearance/Style Description – Axel stands at 6 foot and is a tall lean man. His body is very light and limber with golden skin broad shoulders and a runners build. His legs are long and tan with powerful thick calves. He has a slight blemish on his face in the form of a crooked nose. His hair is buzzed short and is close to the point of being bald. His eye are his most striking feature mismatched with one being jade green and the other a very clear blue. He has a pointed chin and when shirtless has a weird looking symbol branded directly on his chest where his heart is.

Personality – A Jovial sort outside of combat. Axel is always quick to be friendly happy and make people feel welcome. He doesn't believe in any sort of hostility or making people feel unwelcome. He is warm and happy to everyone he meets and if he sees someone hanging out alone or looking sad he isn't afraid to go over there, talk to them, and make them feel included. During combat however is another story as Axel doesn't want to die and takes the game very seriously. He doesn't joke on the battlefield and is quick to yell at or shoot down anyone who isn't taking the game of death seriously. However afterwards he will apologize and depending on what was said might even buy the person a drink.

Backstory – The last several months of the game of death have been spent training for Axel. He is one of the few who hasn't given up on getting back to the real world and is one of the most determined on the front line. Axel doesn't talk about his life outside of the game and is known on the front lines as the lightning swordsman. He takes the game of death very seriously and hasnt done much of the more social activities like buy a home or anything within the game.

Powers/Equipment – This is intentionally a little open ended. Please briefly describe your normal abilities and/or equipment, as well as any special abilities that your character has. Try to keep your number of special abilities in the 2-3 range. Remember, you are still considered a “starting character” in this world. They would not be world breaking powers at this point.

Strengths – Blazers: a special being who can manifest one's own soul as armor and control superpowers with one's magical power.

At it's most basic Alex can using his unique "blazing" skill to form a unique weapon  based on his own soul to use in battle. This soul weapon is called a "device" and is the primarily ability of a Blazer. Axel's is a shield which he uses for both offense and defense on the battle field.

His second ability is tied more to the magic of his "Blazing" ability

His ability is a variation of perfect sight from the anime itself. Alex can use his magic to slow down everything around him and increase his perception greatly. When this happens he perceives data and everything growing around him much faster and much more greatly than anyone else. He can react and not only that but by focusing on a single enemy can "scan" them and figure out their weaknesses. He can even use that knowledge and temporarily move faster and attack faster though doing so will drain his health meter by a point for every second he is in that state of mind.

Weaknesses – Using his powers for to long or taxing himself will LITERALLY kill him

Even after using the power Axel is usually left exhausted and in some extreme cases unable to move

BruceTheCat

Hey EL, is this sheet ready for Approval? I ask only because there is still the few sentences of explanation text located next to Powers.
- scribus1000

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 15, 2017, 03:06:14 PM
Hey EL, is this sheet ready for Approval? I ask only because there is still the few sentences of explanation text located next to Powers.

It is ready! Unless I missed something! I didnt get the picture in but only because I dont know how to do it on the sight and prefer describing my character anyways!

BruceTheCat

Great!

Your sheet looks good to me but right now we are just accepting sheets for future players if we have someone decide to drop who is already in the game.

I will make another post in here when we are actively recruting if you are still interested in joining
- scribus1000