Assassin's Creed 4 (Don't forget to spoiler)

Started by Callie Del Noire, November 02, 2013, 03:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on November 06, 2013, 07:54:36 PM
Well fuck me. I can't use it.

There are a LOT of art bits and a few ship enhancements, as well as one costume, you get via the fleet.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 06, 2013, 08:20:32 PM
There are a LOT of art bits and a few ship enhancements, as well as one costume, you get via the fleet.
Yeah, but those three chests really mess up my completion lists. Oh, well, no need for me to finish getting all the chest and animus fragments. Back to Arkham Origins and XCOM.

I was really kind of let down by AC4 in the end. It's like the inverse of AC3 for me.

Ending Spoiler thoughts
Three had the better frame tale with an okay to poor story for the main game.

Four's got the better main story (if a little... er already-know-y-ness) with a pretty terrible frame tale (which is what they shouldn't have done). There was no big reveal, nothing about any new stories for the modern time, and the Juno whatever was such a letdown. Hey just letting you know she's still here, trolling around. If this is any indication of narrative I'm not looking forward to the next installment.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sel Nar

Quote from: Inkidu on November 06, 2013, 07:54:36 PM
Well fuck me. I can't use it.

Ubisoft's announced that the next patch will remove the Uplay/online requirement to use the fleet.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sel Nar on November 06, 2013, 11:00:48 PM
Ubisoft's announced that the next patch will remove the Uplay/online requirement to use the fleet.
So, it's another unpopular Ubisoft decision? When's the next patch expected? I might be able to get it.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

I just got my favorite ship name for the fleet. 'Old Scratch'. A hunter man o' War.

Inkidu

Welp I checked for updates, and there was a 9 meg one, but it wasn't the one that takes Kenway's Fleet off online.

Seriously, how did they think that was a good idea. You've got one of the best multiplayers in the industry and you still have to fuck with the single-player experience too?

Sel Nar

I blame the fact that Ubi's world HQ is in France. (Completely arbitrary blame, mind; they do learn from their mistakes, unlike Activision)

Inkidu

Quote from: Sel Nar on November 10, 2013, 02:48:21 PM
I blame the fact that Ubi's world HQ is in France. (Completely arbitrary blame, mind; they do learn from their mistakes, unlike Activision)
Though, now I'm kind of stuck. I could just start using my gagillion Man O' War to mop up the whole thing or I could start a new game.

I just don't know. I just don't find IV that replayable. :P

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on November 10, 2013, 02:54:42 PM
Though, now I'm kind of stuck. I could just start using my gagillion Man O' War to mop up the whole thing or I could start a new game.

I just don't know. I just don't find IV that replayable. :P

I know there is at least one more Spot segment and from what I'm reading most likely two, coming.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 11, 2013, 08:05:17 AM
I know there is at least one more Spot segment and from what I'm reading most likely two, coming.
What are spot segments.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on November 11, 2013, 11:09:59 AM
What are spot segments.

that was supposed to be one-player segment.. don't know how autocorrect got it to 'spot segments'.

Inkidu

I think I know why Black Flag doesn't give me that "fulfilled" feeling. Black Flag is a good game, and it's got some great moments. However, as an installment to the series... it could be removed and hurt nothing. They should have really tried to tie it in and really. I get they might be trying to set up something new, but I mean. Nothing happens in the Animus, and nothing happens outside of it. Nothing. IT'S GODDAMNED FILLER! D':

Also, are they really taking Kenneay's fleet off online only? I haven't found anything about it and there have been no patches.