Thousands of shoes tie up Miami freeway traffic

Started by Ket, January 03, 2009, 03:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ket

QuoteMIAMI – State troopers are looking for a charity to take thousands of shoes that were dumped on a Miami expressway, tying up rush hour traffic. Lt. Pat Santangelo says the Florida Highway Patrol received a call about the shoes Friday morning.

Santangelo says he's not sure where the shoes came from. There were no signs of a crash and no one stopped to claim them. He says he hopes someone will take them because he doesn't want to send them to the dump.

Workers using a front-end loader and a dump truck were able to quickly clear at least one lane by sweeping all the shoes to shoulder, but delays were expected until they could all be removed.

Link

-giggles-  My first thought on this was... "Maeven to the rescue!" 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Cherri Tart

lol - i'd be happy to help out as well!  how random! i mean, no one knows where they came from? and act of god, perhaps - one of the plagues "I shall rain down footwear upon your freeways unless you let my people go!" *giggles*
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Ket

-giggles-  I wonder what kind of repression it takes to grant a plague of shoes upon the freeway?  Suffering via only having cheap, flimsy flip flops?
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Cherri Tart

you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Dawg

Quote from: Ket on January 03, 2009, 03:08:01 AM
-giggles-  My first thought on this was... "Maeven to the rescue!" 

OMG - I saw the title and that was my first thought too *laughs* (I do hope that a charity finds a home for them)

Reminds me of a story about Ghandi, he was running to catch a train and just before he got on and it started moving his shoe came off, so as the train was pulling away he took off his other one and threw it on the tracks next to the other, when asked why he did he said because he had no use for only one shoe but whomever finds those will have a use for both of them.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Maeven

Well, I had to do something with all my old ones! *hairflip*

*giggles*
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

magnamos

I got another theory about this. Afghani all over the world have demonstrated against the rising war in gaza by throwing there shoes. It's symbolic as a sign of decline or refusal. That's at least what our news said. Maybe some unknown faction have droped them there for the same reason. Like "Look, even God is throwing his shoes to say war=not so good" or something.

Ket

Quote from: Maeven on January 04, 2009, 03:36:57 PM
Well, I had to do something with all my old ones! *hairflip*

*giggles*

-laughs-  Too bad it wasn't a truckload of Blahniks or Jimmy Choo's.  I so would have had you send me a few pairs!