News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Music and Role-playing

Started by Wyldeviolet, December 21, 2017, 10:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: Chewy on March 06, 2018, 07:25:28 PM
Here's something I often wonder when it comes to roleplaying and music; am I the only one who feels like they listen to strange music when they're roleplaying? Or you find yourself listening to music that doesn't seem to really fit what you're writing but somehow it just fits?

Sometimes yes, so much this. I tend to compile the things I come across or that are in my listening to already category that fit characters even if it seems off.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Cryptic

All the dang time Phoenixrisen LOL, like I listen to a song that fits the RP but every song after that is just weird trance like music. >.<
What Makes A Cryp-Tic (O/Os)
"All men were made by the Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers." ~Chief Joseph
Cryptic's Little Shop Of Mysteries (Requests)NOT CURRENTLY LOOKING
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
A/A's
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~Mother Teresa

Wyldeviolet

Quote from: Chewy on March 06, 2018, 07:25:28 PM
Here's something I often wonder when it comes to roleplaying and music; am I the only one who feels like they listen to strange music when they're roleplaying? Or you find yourself listening to music that doesn't seem to really fit what you're writing but somehow it just fits?

I frequently hit shuffle on a genre of music on my Spotify and find songs out of the blue that fit, but I can't put my finger in the exact reason why and quickly add it to their playlist (if I have one). Sometimes I think it's songs my characters like themselves I'm adding.
[/url][/center]

GUN

When I'm actually role playing I don't listen to music. Noise in general tends to be a distraction when I'm in the middle of a RP.

Now, I do use songs as an inspiration for ideas and character development. Some songs resonate with me to a point where I'm listening to it and I go "oh hey that would be my character's theme song" or "oh hey this is what would be playing if they were in a fight scene". I do try to save those songs. I have a ton of YouTube bookmarks as a result. :P
I think my O & O thread is pretty cool.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=284016.0

Gummi

I've got a few playlists saved for certain fandom's that I always look forward to roleplaying~ For example if I can find someone that want to do an Inuyasha roleplay, I have a few tracks saved from the anime that I'll listen too when writing.

Otherwise when it comes to OC roleplaying, I tend to listen to either jazz or instrumental music because anything will lyrics tends to distract me from writing. XD

Eye of Horus

I don’t generally listen to music when I’m writing, but I do occasionally attach songs or pieces of music to a post to complement the scene.

Usually it’s because I’ve heard a song and a particular RP, character or scene has popped into my head, and I’ve found that it just fits. Once or twice, I’ve even written a scene to “follow” the music so that certain musical cues occur as the reader reaches particular paragraphs. Though of course, it all depends on people’s writing speed!