Can't get rid of AVG.

Started by Mymar, October 25, 2015, 06:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mymar

I installed it once because I wanted to see if I have viruses. Now I can't get rid of it, it installed itself on my  browser, and I have it disabled and it still installs itself back and changes my home page, I need help. I've tried everything to get rid of it. I really don't want to wipe windows just to get rid of AVG. This has turned into a nightmare.

Beguile's Mistress

When trying to uninstall something through the Control Panel (Windows) doesn't work I use Google to try and find a solution.  I've learned that there is hardly ever a problem someone out there hasn't solved already. :-)

Mymar

I tried google it didn't work.

Derick

Have you tried Revo's Uninstaller ? There is a free version at http://www.revouninstallerpro.com/

that will find all references to AVG (leftovers) -  after the standard delete including  entries in the Registry. Just tell it to go ahead and delete them when asked.
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing." - Anais Nin

My O/O - Story Ideas - F List