Romeo & Juliet - Montagues Win!

Started by Autumn Sativus, February 14, 2014, 08:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

Welcome, gentlemen! Ladies that have their toes
Ah, my mistresses! Which of you all
Unplagued with corns will walk a bout with you.
Will now deny to dance? She that makes dainty,
She, I’ll swear, hath corns. Am I come near ye now?

Welcome, gentlemen! I have seen the day
That I have worn a visor and could tell
A whispering tale in a fair lady’s ear
Such as would please. 'Tis gone, ’tis gone, ’tis gone.

You are welcome, gentlemen.
Come, musicians, play.

With a new Friar elected, one lady Rapt would hold the peace in her hands for the moment.

The guests would enjoy the dancing and the drink, the food and the fun.... Until the night begins to drag into the morning as they fall asleep one by one. The music drifting into the sound of night birds calling and crickets chirping through the windows to the garden. Soon morning will rise and bring a new day of peaceful fun among the fueding families... hopefully.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Autumn Sativus

The gray-eyed morn smiles on the frowning night,
Checkering the eastern clouds with streaks of light,
And fleckled darkness like a drunkard reels
From forth day’s path and Titan’s fiery wheels.

Morning comes too soon for the guests of the festivities, still drained from the party the day before they prepare for another day of dancing and making fun. Waking from their slumbers on the scattered benches and floors of the ball room it seems all it well, but for poor yugi. Still slumped in the corner after the rest of the guests have woken one steps over tentatively to shake him awake. But sleeping he was not, a similar sight to that of the Friar the day before, throat slit from ear to ear as he laid upon the floor. Those damn Capulets would be the ones to ruin the festivities so thoroughly. Clearly, someone has to go... but who could be responsible for the death of this poor Montague?

Please cast your votes for who is responsible in bold.
Us against the world

Josietta

Josi had groaned sat up from one of the benches the next morning. It had been a long night of drinking and dancing, filled with festivities and obviously not enough sleep. She wished she had a tonic now to help with the pounding in her head and wanted to seek out something to calm the war that fought inside her. To go home and crawl in bed and hope the day would improve or just stay up and withstand the punishment of too much wine, were both dilemmas she didn't want to choose between. She wasn't sure which was more inviting or brave. Though she knew no one around the house would let her stay abed no matter what she wanted. The morning sun she winced and squinted her blue eyes against the bright burn of daylight as it streamed through the windows. The sudden scream of horror had her capping her hand over her ears as the sound was far too harsh and she looked in that direction to see just who would be so cruel to hurt the ears and heads of those who drank too much. Once the sight of Yugi came into her partially obscured vision she gasped and looked around to see if others saw this too. Her brow furrowed and she sat back down on the bench with a deep sigh. That was going to ruin any amount of fun the day would hold. Poor Yugi. She didn't know him well but she did know he was a good man. Family wasn't always something people could count on or agree with but yugi had not caused any trouble for anyone. It was indeed an unfair end to his life. She lay her head back down on the bench beside her as she considered who amongst them would have done such a thing. Without any idea on who it could be, she let her sights rest on, MistressEvelyn , first -- just to see what they thought or how they reacted to the terrible news.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Bruja

Rapt in angelic mask, after becoming the Friar-elect awoke to find her mask still in place and her neighbor Yugi dead as the last night's roast pig! With an even gaze her sword steel grey eyes took in the other party goers. A murderer or murderers still lurked among them. Brushing and straightening her almost risque dress, turning her back to adjust the ample cleavage,  Rapt began to walk around and gently awake the other patrons all the while looking to spy one with blood on their hands. Certainly the handsome Blythe would never do something most foul. But you can never tell with still waters and the quiet ones might easily give a slip of the knife, she watch the man closely for signs of surprise. Was that blood or wine on his sleeve?

persephone325

Persephone sniffled and wiped away tears as she found out about the death of her lover good friend.

It would seem that this feud is not yet over... She thought sadly. I wonder if RPGuy had anything to do with this...
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Elina

"yugi!  No, not yugi," cried Elina, looking around accusingly.  "I know who did this.  It is the fair maiden Rapt.  A little power, and it has gone straight to her head."

Remiel

"I, for one, am inclined not to trust Valerian," Remiel said.  "She's far too skilled at playing the saint; her angelic visage always shows the mask of innocence, even when her slender fingers are steeped red with blood.  True, there is no reason at this moment I should suspect her more than any other," he shrugged.  "But she is far, far too good at dodging scrutiny.  Enough! I say."

Goddess of Night

The lady in jade frowned as the body of her dear friend lay on the ground, bleeding out from the gruesome cut along his throat. Hereyes, filled with tears, burned with hatred and anger. "Who did this?! I demand an answer!" Her eyes caught sight of Josi looking at her as if she were a suspect. The first to accuse was always suspicious. She looked back at the body, considering Josiette as the murderer.
My On/Offs

Looking for roleplay partners with ideas. Any takers? Pm me.

Valerian

Val was startled out of her shock at seeing yugi's body by Remiel's accusations.  "I have no blood on my hands, sir, nor do I have any wish to dodge scrutiny, as you put it, if it might help to bring the murderer to justice.  However, it seems we must all cast blame upon someone, and perhaps ThatRPGuy knows something of this foul deed."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Galactic Druid

Oh goodness, Perse, let's not do this again!

As for my thoughts, I'm rather inclined to agree with Remiel, Valerian does have a bad habit of avoiding the spotlight...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Kerri

Kerri anxiously looked upon the room full of party-goers. Leery of who she could trust and who she couldn't. She carefully met each ones gaze. Her eyes locking upon theirs, if only for a moment, to see if she could see into their souls and find the guilty party. She cleared her throat and with a soft whisper spoke, "Izu was it you that committed this atrocity?"

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

Martee

Martee was slow to awaken even with Rapt's anxious urging.  Too much wine and rich food, followed perhaps (she'd never tell) by the sort of life-affirming revelry that precedes the deepest, most satisfying slumber.  But awaken she did, and with bleary eyes, took in the morbid scene around her. "Poor yugi," she murmured, tugging her high collar a bit tighter around her own vulnerable neck. "He was such a dear. May God grant mercy on his soul." She crossed herself and turned to survey the survivors - and the guilty.

There were several sets of teary eyes, but none so obvious as Persephone's. Crocodile tears? she wondered, or perhaps tears of regret at a hasty action that cannot be undone?  There was so little to go on, and so much at stake. But MistressEvelyn's words rang true - would not the culprit seek to act quickly, and cast suspicion elsewhere?

Martee tapped her lip thoughtfully, staring across the room at Josietta.

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

Blythe

Blythe's eyes scan the area, looking for who he thinks might be guilty. He was sound asleep when poor yugi met his fate, and he feels so lost at sea; who can he trust? Who could have possibly done this? He grabs a morning cup of wine, despondent, and he mutters, "Maybe ThatRPGuy?" He can't be sure, and he doesn't want to believe it, but it's all he can think of.

Josietta

"I don't like the implication that just because I was the first to speak up and wake that I must be the culprit. That is a cop out of an accusation if ever I heard one. Maybe you should look around and see who is last to wake. Surely the culprit who did this wouldn't have been to sleep long before the rest of us arose. I find it insulting you both would look to me for that reasoning alone." She looked to both Rhedyn and Mistress E, who she did  not blame for pointing fingers back but still it was a lame excuse to Josietta just because she was the first to look for an answer to the death of a brother.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

lisar

Josie does make a point, I wonder where Ryven is.  Perhaps he is still sleeping because he was up late... taking care of yugi.

Lisar shrugged her shoulders and raised her eye brows, unsure of her decision

Bruja

Arching an eyebrow at Elina's accusation, the corner of Rapt's mouth twitched into a brief frown before a look of concern crosses her face"My lady I assure you, that I only seek justice for my neighbor and kinsmen. And would never commit such an act upon anyone. Though I do think we should mind our steps for the moment as killers are still among us. No on should leave until we find the persons responsible for these atrocities. Maybe you should take a cup of wine and settle  yourself, you look rather pale. Did you rest alright?"

Beguile's Mistress

Devastated by the news of Yugi's demise, one so close to friend and brother, Beguile's sat off to one side of the room her chin in her hand and her elbow resting on the arm of her chair.  The voices around her were so much noise and nothing more but slowly some sense the words filtered through.  The weight of opinion appeared to center on two people with almost equal disfavor.  "Great actors both of the," she thought, "but one is more adept at hiding villainy than the other.  Unless evidence is presented to the contrary it must be Valerian."

Zelric Miras

Leorobin moved closer to MistressEvelyn and tried to comfort her with a hand on her back. "It is certainly a sad demise. It makes e wonder what would have made him be the target. " He pondered about who others thought to be the culprits. He didn't have a particular target at the moment and would rather not vote at all. Yet, it would be unwise to not do so. He finally decided on gesturing towards James Moriarty perhaps he had been part of it.

James Moriarty

What light on yonder trying squabble breaks,
Tis the moon and murder is the shadow,
that fear drive us before a life it takes
to terrorize the lonely hearts it breaks.

My mind abuzz with hints and clues to test,
my pulse to arrest with a thought so sly
I can hardly restrain the urge to jest.
That she'd go unnoticed, I don't know why.

I fear I'll cause a great many distress
when I cast my vote for
Beguile's Mistress.

Ryven

I do believe Josietta is to blame for this.

Josietta

Furrowing her brow she looked to them all and then to lisar. "I think you maybe right, maybe he is trying to shift blame now that someone is onto him. We should look further into Ryven for possible blood stained hands."

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Autumn Sativus

Votes
(5)RPGuy - perse, Val, Bly, Sunshine
(3)Josi - MissE, Martee, Ryv
(3)Val - Remi, RPGuy, BeMi
(2)Ryv - lisar, Josi
(1)BeMi - JM
(1)Bly - Rapt
(1)Izu - Kerri
(1)JM - Leorobin
(1)Rapt - Elina
Total: 16

Still to Vote
Izu
Us against the world

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine was still in shock after poor Yugi's tragic ending, she suspiciously eyed the group and narrowed her eyes at her target. "This is a cold-blooded killing, maybe it is ThatRPGuy the responsible of it."

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Denivar

I do have to concur with SunshineSparkle and blame ThatRPGuy for all the ills of the world.
"If you go to see the woman, do not forget the whip." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Ons and Offs -- Roleplay Ideas -- Apologies, Absences, Excuses, that sort of thing

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world