Google double-click ad (Virus?)

Started by Blinkin, September 04, 2015, 11:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Hi Gang,

This is related to a post that I made yesterday about an ad that pops up in facebook/farmville that we can't get rid of and ultimately turns the computer screen black.

This seems to only occur on facebook and farmville, but all indications that we can see is that it is not part of either site.  Again, we may be wrong, but it appears to be a google double-click ad (A virus??) and the suggestions that we have found on the net have been ineffective. AVG 2015 and malware bytes have been unable to detect anything and have been updated and run several times.

This does not seem to happen anywhere else, but we need some solution on how to remove it. anyone have any suggestions?

Note: Malwarebytes is very difficult for the visually disabled/blind to use and has little accessibility in it's design... bt we're working with it as best as we can... so, any help would be greatly appreciated.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Aleph

Hi Blinkin,

I'm not sure what modifications you've made to your browser to make things more accessible, but I would suggest the doubleclick ad isn't a virus, but rather a poorly written bit of Adobe Flash? I have had trouble in the past with ads crashing my browser (and once or twice my laptop) and it's largely been due to someone not testing their flash advert properly.

Blinkin

To the broswer itself, virtually nothing, it's all in software applications on the computer itself that is picky about web-browsers. IE is the default browser that the software was written to handle, so it's the easiest to use with it, others like Firefox and Chrome... lass so.

We may of solved the problem, but we're not entirely sure and it may pop up again the next time we restart the system. Hell, we don't even know why it's there as one of the opt-out options was to log into google to do something and we don't even have a google account.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.