A Fallout Roleplay *groan*

Started by BadWolf123, May 08, 2012, 07:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadWolf123

I wanna start a Fallout group roleplay, but about 20 years after the adventures of the Lone Wanderer. Now, I  put a tonne of thought into this, so before you go 'ew, an rp based on a game', hear me out.

This will have a massive amount of non-sexual elements, as I don't want to concentrate on it, but due to the presence of raiders, slavers, super mutants, ghouls and such, this game will most definetly be placed in the Exotic Extreme area, and I don't turn people down for liking things I don't. If you play a raider, I want you to be a raider. Don't tone down what you have to do for others safety.

Ok, now into the story.

20 years after the the Lone Wanderer defeated the Encalve, he disappeared and was never seen again. Athough following his example, the Brotherhood of Steel were almost overrun by Super Mutants. Despite their losses, the BoS were victorious at the cost of the Citadel. Now they wander the ruins, lost without their leaders.

The settlements ave all combined to create one large city, named Paradise's Eden, on the old location of Paradise Falls. Tenpenney Tower and The Republic of Dave were destroyed by the raiders after they accepted no support. Oasis has closed off entirely, but the area around the mountain has started getting rather green with life.

The raiders have come together to form a group named Malice, and are now the biggest threat the Capital Wasteland has ever seen. They destroyed Rivet City, and forced the inhabitants to go to Paradise's Eden.

Three Dogg is still alive, but slightly aged and without the protection he used to have. He operates out of the same place, but has hired Reilly's Rangers to protect him. So far, they have succeeded greatly

The Enclave is gone, but the survivors are still a threat, operating out of the cleared ruins of Old Olney.

The Slavers have conquered the Temple of the Union, and now only Hannibal Hamlin is alive. They are based at Abe Lincoln Memorial

Character Sheet

Name:
Age: (Must suit E standards if you are going to engage in sexual activity)
Race: Human or Ghoul
Starting location: Evergreen Mills, Paradise's Eden, Abe Lincoln's Memorial. Anywhere else must be okayed by me.
Appearance: I'd like a description. Pictures are optional here, but a description must be placed.
Bio: Two paragraphs please

Rules

1. Follow E standards.
2. I run the thread, so my say is final. Pretty easy
3. Maximum 8 players

Ok, let's see what we get
For an explanation of BadWolf123's account restriction, please see the topic here.

Neysha

My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

BadWolf123

Well, I'm not gonna make it easy. And I've made it the LW didn't get out of Mothership Zeta
For an explanation of BadWolf123's account restriction, please see the topic here.

AndyZ

Bookmarked in case I can come up with an idea.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

MagicalPen

Having just downloaded some Mods for New Vegas, I will post my interest here.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

TheHangedOne

I'm definitely interested. Will work on a character in a wee bit.

Now, for questions: Do you want us to put thought into our equipment, and list it out? Seems like that was always an integral part of the Fallout experience.  On a related note, any limitations on stuff?

Are we going to do a system-based game, or keep it completely free-form?

character sheet below.

Name: Edward "Tinkerer" Sullivan
Race: Human
Starting location: Paradise's Eden

Appearance: With hair an odd, rosewood hue, he typically prefers to keep it short and hidden; he's had one too many people comment on how "pretty" his hair is, comments he does not take with any degree of mirth. He is five feet, ten inches tall, and weighs about 180 lbs. He is possessed of a wiry physique. He has green eyes, which are often hidden by the lenses of very dark sun glasses.

He has scars on his face from what could possibly be a gecko attack, but he does not talk about what caused it; instead, he typically keeps his face hidden by a bandanna, claiming that it helps keep the dust out of his nose and mouth (which, to be fair, it does).

Other notes: Picture depicts him with a 9mm smg, not the 45 he uses. He doesn't have a Pip-boy, since he's never been near a vault in his life.

Bio: Edward has always had a fondness for tinkering with guns and the like, ever since he was a child. Speaking of his childhood, Edward was born at Megaton, where he lived as normal of a life as it can be out in the weird, wild world they call home.

When he was older (15), he started exploring the nearby ruins and such, and practicing how to use fire arms (Lucas Simms was glad to help the young man, in exchange for his work on maintaining the equipment in the armory; the kid was a prodigy when it came to repairing and tinkering with weapons).

Then, one day, with a fine set of reinforced leather armor, a sturdy shotgun and SMG, he left on what he called a "quest"; he believed that, somewhere out there, their must be an arms manufacturing plant in still good condition, and he wanted to find it. He was no longer happy merely maintaining the junk people brought him, and occasionally making the junk less junky with his mods; no. He wanted to make guns themselves.

Unfortunately, this grand undertaking of his was simply too much of a job for one man. One too many times, he nearly got himself killed; ghouls trying to rip him apart and eat him, dogs doing much the same, Raiders taking one too many shots at him  for his liking. Surly and with a broken spirit, he wandered, determined to settle down at the next civilized location he could find.

He quite literally stumbled upon Paradise's Eden just as the survivors were working to make it their own. He helped them out, keeping the threats of the wasteland at bay, and found himself once again in the role of weapon maintainer.

Equipment:
Caravan Shotgun with an installed choke to decrease the spread of buckshot
.45 SMG with compensator, which reduces the spread of bullets, and a drum magazine (50 rounds instead of 30)
Reinforced leather armor
6 stimpaks
3 Nuka-Colas
1 caravan lunch
1 Mentats
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

BadWolf123

Hmm. A system game does have the feeling oof the world, but freeform has more freedom. I'm feeling system, though.
And yes, keep it realistic and I'll be happy

TheHangedOne

If you'd like, I can show you a few system games, like the Fallout Pen and paper pdf's.
Check out my poet tree!

Urbanzorro

I'm interested, also on the subject of systems. I built one for the Fallout verse once. If you want I could PM it to you?
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Urbanzorro on May 11, 2012, 08:49:03 PM
I'm interested, also on the subject of systems. I built one for the Fallout verse once. If you want I could PM it to you?
Didn't I play in your game? I am pretty sure I did, and that the system in question was pretty awesome.
Check out my poet tree!

Urbanzorro

I think you may have, and thanks ;D
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

BadWolf123

I have pdfs on Fallout System games for pen and paper. One of the benefits of having a D&D nut for a brother.
Ok, I'm going to make the OOC thread in a bit, and put more information and time into the brief

Haibane

I might be interested but PvP games are not really my thing. If all the players were on one side and the GM ran the opposition as NPCs, that would be a set-up I'd be more comfortable with.

If Paradise Eden is now the main town for the wastelanders, where is the slavers main centre?

With Rivet City destroyed what became of the fresh water project? Did that fail too?

I take it Malice is based at Evergreen Mills?

TheHangedOne

Finished out the character sheet.
Check out my poet tree!

BadWolf123

The Slavers destroyed the Temple of the Union, and stay at the Lincoln Memorial
Malice is based at Evergreen Mills

As to PvP, you may avoid that if you wish. Any fight should be off the game thread then posted once completed to avoid clutter.