Air traffic has right of way.

Started by Oniya, August 25, 2009, 11:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Revolverman

THAT doesn't have ANY chance of ending in a horror show.

why dont they just build the road under the runway?

Vekseid

Runways require exceptionally deep foundations, I believe...

OldSchoolGamer

I'll bet they get some epic traffic jams there.

Bayushi

Quote from: Vekseid on August 25, 2009, 07:48:17 PMRunways require exceptionally deep foundations, I believe...

For large aircraft like those airliners, yes.

For the Tornado GR4(Might be a GR1, can't tell if the wings are fixed or variable geometry) there, in the first photo, it has the capability for rough terrain landing and takeoffs, in addition to short take off and landing. Just as do many smaller military transport aircraft.

But given that the runway appears to be both military and civilian use... I'm not sure what they can do, other than to make a VERY deep tunnel under the runway.