What will you never play again?

Started by Inkidu, August 25, 2009, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Time to bring this thread back. You know why?

I'm never going to play another Blizzard game again. Where the heck is this always online crap coming from? Maybe if you had come out five years ago Diablo 3 I would care, but ten years is just too long a development cycle. I just don't care anymore. I'm over it.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Shjade

Did you write off the guys who made Assassin's Creed for that, too?

I wasn't planning to get Diablo 3 anyway, but it does seem like an annoying requirement.

Game to add to the list: Atlantica Online. Too much grind, not enough fun.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

klamity

From Dust.

I had hopes for this game. i really did. The concept is sweet, the art is beautiful and the phsyics are awesome. Only problem is its a soup with too much wattery stock. Its the same bloody thing over and over.

The only way I will play it is if I can find it for free somehow. Even then..

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on September 04, 2011, 10:05:53 PM
Did you write off the guys who made Assassin's Creed for that, too?

I wasn't planning to get Diablo 3 anyway, but it does seem like an annoying requirement.

Game to add to the list: Atlantica Online. Too much grind, not enough fun.
No, because Ubisoft released it for consoles which made it DRM free. Blizzard hates consoles. They would still have it always online because it's to combat piracy keep their real-money auction house balanced. They seem to be trying real hard to unbalance it though with "inferno" mode. The mode that has the best equipment that skilled (I'm using the word a bit on the light side) players can get... and then sell to people who don't play inferno mode so they can beat up on people of even the same level. Nice to know the person with the most money still wins, Blizzard. Nice to know.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Inkidu

A game has filled me with such rage, I have to commit necromancy! >:O

Bayonetta. Apparently, it suffers from crap translation. Normal is actually hard, hard is apocalypse, and whatever difficulty is after that is probably divide by zero.

Seriously, you play hard on Bayonetta and the first fight has those red and blue cat mook-bosses. You take way too much damage, and the attacks are sped up to almost superhuman reflex levels. You can dodge, but your timing will be off for months.

Also add Prey to that list. It's not bad, but it's too long and way too samey.

Sel Nar

<- Has been playing Bayonetta on Infinite Climax Difficulty. Is most likely batshit insane.

Game I'll never play again; Dragon Age 2. No plot, horrible characters, worse characterization, an uncontrollable urge to punch every developer that worked on it in the face, and the only likeable character in the entire game is the 'boss' of the second chapter, who calls out everything in the game as a giant steaming heap 'o shit, then turns into a hipster and says 'you wouldn't understand' if you try to press for any information. So... not that likeable at all.

klamity

@Sel Nar

Try the first one if you havent. Its a totally different style of play, more in line with an older text heavy RPG and feels more fluid with this style. The style change from origins to DA2 was to make it more 'fast paced' like Mass Effect, which made half of the audience unhappy.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sel Nar on January 16, 2012, 03:32:15 PM
<- Has been playing Bayonetta on Infinite Climax Difficulty. Is most likely batshit insane.

Game I'll never play again; Dragon Age 2. No plot, horrible characters, worse characterization, an uncontrollable urge to punch every developer that worked on it in the face, and the only likeable character in the entire game is the 'boss' of the second chapter, who calls out everything in the game as a giant steaming heap 'o shit, then turns into a hipster and says 'you wouldn't understand' if you try to press for any information. So... not that likeable at all.
I like DA2 and Origins, and I like DA2 more for basically if you just invert your reasons. However, I think the Dragon Age games are probably Bioware's weakest franchise, and it's obvious most of their resources are going to Mass Effect. Honestly, I'd rather see Jade Empire 2 over Dragon Age anything. :\

I'm getting really pissed at Fight Night Champion. I feel like every fight is against a cross between the Hulk and the Flash. I don't want to pick someone too far low, because then you don't advance, but everyone one ranking higher than me is said Hulk-Flash lovechild. Plus you can't just train, no matter what you have four weeks to train before a fight. Like any boxer actually does that. They're training every day!

Shjade

Quote from: Inkidu on January 16, 2012, 05:09:24 PM
I feel like every fight is against a cross between the Hulk and the Flash.

So...Superman?
◕/◕'s

Inkidu

Sel Nar

Quote from: Inkidu on January 16, 2012, 05:09:24 PM
I like DA2 and Origins, and I like DA2 more for basically if you just invert your reasons. However, I think the Dragon Age games are probably Bioware's weakest franchise, and it's obvious most of their resources are going to Mass Effect. Honestly, I'd rather see Jade Empire 2 over Dragon Age anything. :\

Funny thing, Inki; Dragon Age (1) is Bioware's Best-selling game. Dragon Age 2's sales Dropped like a rock, and that's not even getting into returned copies.

First 10 weeks of sales, not counting DA:O's PC figures (which were not reliable due to questionable representation of Digital purchase)

Izzie Aditi

Braid. God I got so frustrated at one particular point where you had to turn back the time (ok, like that's not the clue in basically the entire game) to stop I don't even recall what from crushing you. I think I tried for a week and failed, boyfriend showed me how..AND I STILL FAILED.

After my "what is this I don't even" I just..ragequit.

Oh, and Dota. Just..no.
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Inkidu

Quote from: Sel Nar on January 18, 2012, 02:19:13 PM
Funny thing, Inki; Dragon Age (1) is Bioware's Best-selling game. Dragon Age 2's sales Dropped like a rock, and that's not even getting into returned copies.

First 10 weeks of sales, not counting DA:O's PC figures (which were not reliable due to questionable representation of Digital purchase)
I think that graph might be a bit on the misleading side with its format, but it did better than I thought. Though I find it questionable that a game out at least a year ago gets escalating sales from what is considered a poorly received sequel. Not wrong, just odd.

Sel Nar

Quote from: Inkidu on January 18, 2012, 03:56:02 PM
I think that graph might be a bit on the misleading side with its format, but it did better than I thought. Though I find it questionable that a game out at least a year ago gets escalating sales from what is considered a poorly received sequel. Not wrong, just odd.

Not quite; the image compares the first 10 weeks of Sales for Dragon Age to the first 10 weeks of sales for Dragon Age 2. So, DA started off slower but picked up again after week 3 as positive word of mouth rolled through. In comparison, DA2 started off high, in part due to its preorders for the signiature edition (had to preorder 1 month before the game came out to get some DLC for free), then as word of mouth spread over how genuinely bad the game was, sales Tanked. by the third week of DA2's sales, it was lower than everything but DA's 10th week.

So, there's a year apart for the actual sales figures, just that it compares the sales numbers for the first 10 weeks.

Inkidu

Dark Souls is heading to never play again territory, too little challenge and too much fake difficulty. It's just too easy to lose hours worth of work.

hardlucksixth

Fallout 3.

New vegas is better for my gaming needs and I dumped like, 180 hours into it and all it's DLC. I do miss Butcher Pete playing on my pip-boy though...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: hardlucksixth on January 22, 2012, 11:50:08 AM
Fallout 3.

New vegas is better for my gaming needs and I dumped like, 180 hours into it and all it's DLC. I do miss Butcher Pete playing on my pip-boy though...

I miss the dart gun though.. I was a sneaking and poisoning fool in FO3.

hardlucksixth

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 22, 2012, 12:36:48 PM
I miss the dart gun though.. I was a sneaking and poisoning fool in FO3.

Oh man, if we're going into the built weapons, it's all about the Deathclaw Gauntlet - get a suit of power armor and one of those, you're set. Just run up to folk and flail your arms in their face until they fall to pieces!

Sneakin' was fun though. I myself used the Infiltrator from the Pitt DLC for that, though. Those multiple sneakin' crits were a killer.

Aftiel

Armored Core V... total piece of unbalanced crap, Seriously i thoguht it was great fun at first, but the story was mediocer and stupid, the missions are designed for 2 people, and if you don't play online (i can't due to crappy internets) you're missing out on 99% of the content.
I was such an edgelord a decade ago LOL.

Sabby

Quote from: Aftiel on April 10, 2012, 03:23:20 PM
Armored Core V... total piece of unbalanced crap, Seriously i thoguht it was great fun at first, but the story was mediocer and stupid, the missions are designed for 2 people, and if you don't play online (i can't due to crappy internets) you're missing out on 99% of the content.

*puts on his Willy Wonka hat and leans chin into fist* you must be new here :3

Roleplay Frog

Aftiel

Quote from: Sabby on April 10, 2012, 03:38:16 PM

*puts on his Willy Wonka hat and leans chin into fist* you must be new here :3

Did I err? Not incredibly new but I haven't checked the thread in 6 months.
I was such an edgelord a decade ago LOL.

LunarSage

Quote from: Aftiel on April 10, 2012, 04:02:18 PM
Did I err? Not incredibly new but I haven't checked the thread in 6 months.

Yeah I didn't get that comment either...

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Inkidu

Dead Island. Glitchy piece of crap. Glad I only rented.

Shjade

Quote from: Inkidu on April 10, 2012, 04:37:04 PM
Dead Island. Glitchy piece of crap. Glad I only rented.

This. Sadly I didn't rent, due to PC. I was really hoping it'd be more fun than it was, but when every fight comes down to "kick everything over and stomp heads" it gets real monotonous real fast. :|
◕/◕'s